PDA

View Full Version : Screen flicker with ATI Overdrive

nattydread
11-06-07, 09:41 PM
Ive noticed that using the ATI Overdrive causes some screen flicker in another game, but hitting tab or ESC seems to stop it...not so for SHIV. Does anyone have a solution to resolve the flickering?..without turning off Overdrive:shifty:

SteamWake
11-07-07, 09:40 AM
By flickering do you mean the occasional er... 'lightning flash' effect ?

I get that really bad in MSFSx occasionally in SH4 but its not enough to make me want to jump through hoops to fix it.

If someone has an easy fix I'd like to hear it.

nattydread
11-07-07, 01:24 PM
no, its not occasional, its a constant strobe like flicker...a few flicks per second. So ugly, so annoying...I cant even play without getting a headache

SteamWake
11-07-07, 03:36 PM
no, its not occasional, its a constant strobe like flicker...a few flicks per second. So ugly, so annoying...I cant even play without getting a headache

Reminds me of that old joke "Hey doc it hurts when I do this" Doc "So dont do that". :p

Have you tried browsing ATI's support site ?

-Pv-
11-07-07, 04:00 PM
If it hurts, don't do it.
-Pv-

nattydread
11-07-07, 09:21 PM
:nope:
no luck on the support site.

Gunner
11-09-07, 12:38 AM
Just a thought, try dropp'n your resolution and see what happens :arrgh!:

seaniam81
11-09-07, 03:03 AM
just turn it off. I found that alot of games dont like ati overdrive... SH4, Farcry, half-life 2, FSX...

swdw
11-09-07, 09:05 AM
This is a known bug that ATi's FAQ claims no fix for. The way to OC your card without the flicker is to use RivaTuner. The lates versions support Ati cards. That's how I OC'd my x1950. You can try ATi Tools which is separate from CCC but there have been some fan control issues with it (It slows down or turns the fan off)