PDA

View Full Version : frame rate idea

von hally
10-31-07, 03:57 PM
lo all

you probably already know this...being much more savvy than me about sh3 and its problems bbut just incase anyone hasn't tried this yet

if ure having problems with choppy frame rates...try pressing ctrl + alt + del
on your desktop to bring up your process list....just after you click the sh3gwx icon.....right click on sh3.exe in the list and go to "prioroty"...'set this to "HIGH"
this seemed to help my creaking system.....2.6 processor....512 ram....nvidiafx5200-128mb graphics card...u probably all got something easier, but i thought i may as well post this as i'm the one usually asking for help

keep up the good work!!!:up:

flag4
10-31-07, 04:13 PM
hi van hally

thanks for the advice, but can you tell me what this does, as i experience fps probs entering and leaving harbor. i have 2.4 ghz, 2gigs ram, gs7900 n/videa graphics. i got plenty but still get fps drop.

i'm going to enable 'lite harbor traffic' in the mods of gwx.
i have been told that this helps also.

flag4

baggygreen
10-31-07, 06:04 PM
I havent actually upped the priority yet, so cheers mate.

Though i dont think i'll be installing HT lite, i dont wanna miss all the eye candy.

amusing little story - i was leaving port and having had a few drinks was more vocal in my appreciation of the models and so on. The missus came up and asked what i was doing.. my response was 'ogling all the eyecandy'. I got a slap across the noggin for it, she thought i was perusing for pr0n

BulSoldier
10-31-07, 06:10 PM
I believethe game itself causes such problems cause my pc is running anything perfecttly (after all its few months old) (amd 3800x2 2gb ram and a nice video but still fps drops dramaticly sometimes in sea (probably near convoys or some map sections i guess).

von hally
11-01-07, 12:00 PM
i cant remember where i got that piece of info on frame rates mate....im not sure what good it will do for you, but i was also geting choppy framerates when encountering several things on screen at once ingame.... this helped slightly but didnt cure it...but i still set to "high" out of habit now. a couple of other guys on the forum had no luck with it.....just an individual thing maybe!