PDA

View Full Version : TMaru new constuction and other questions

Angus89
10-30-07, 07:55 PM
First, started a new construcion with Gato. Completed all trials, i think. Told to use phone. Did and got transfer to Pearl. Now, told to do live fire exersize off Frisco, but startin outside Midway. Did i miss something or do something wrong? Loaded from previuos save and was given live fire against Dinsdale again. Also, under new construction do you always get same sub or does it randomize? Lastly, to all the great modders out there, I love all your work so far. Ducimus, stay with it man. Leo, you are a gift from above. Kriller, and all the rest, you guys are doing great work. And the guy who did Metalhud, sorry cant member the name but your hud is one of the most noticable improvements yet. PS. I do love the realism in this series, but i am always left wanting more. Anyone ever considered extending the campaigns beyond the war using fictional or alternate history scenarios? Also wonder if its possible to mod more dynamics (hunting for the right word here) into the game. Example, some way for what you do in the patrols to reflect in the world. Say sinking a good portion of aninvasion force leading to the failure or loss of the intended objective. Just wistful wishful thinking. Thanks again all you modders.

Ducimus
10-30-07, 09:39 PM
What version of TM are you using? If you said Dinsdale, its not the latest one, he was renamed to Parker in 1.6.4

>>Now, told to do live fire exersize off Frisco,

Sounds like you got a repeat mission, and i probably need to take a look at the mission dates more closely. If you can you tell me, what date did finish your 2nd sea trial? What date did you start your 3rd sea trial?

What makes this difficult to script, is the game often randomizes the times your in port between patrols. Sometimes its shorter, somtimes its longer, and i can't fix it at a set interval like one could in SH3. So If your time in port between missions is really short, you'll get a repeat mision. Unfortunatly theres nothing i can do about that except try adjust mission availablity dates and try and narrow the window at which a mission is available so it picks the next one. At the least, a repeat mission during sea trials is relativly rare, but it does happen.

Angus89
10-30-07, 09:44 PM
Thanx Duc for the quik reply. I jst checked my game and yes it is 1.6.3. Grr, I never want to tell yall to slow down but its gettin hard to keep up with everyones latest. I will get the update and be happy now. Thanks

Ducimus
10-30-07, 09:49 PM
I promise i am not updating TMaru until after patch 1.4 is released. So you should be safe with TM 1.6.4. I had to update it to iron out some issues with version 1.6.3.

BTW, if your not running ROW, then read this post and D/L the texture files i missed.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=675144&postcount=1018

Angus89
10-30-07, 09:59 PM
Yea. I run TM ROW NSM. All worked great till JScones updated his stuff. Had to reenable the works and hope it all works right. So far so good. Ill have to get your update later on better ic. thanks again

Ducimus
10-30-07, 10:03 PM
Any ROW mod designed for NSM, is NOT compatible with TM1.6.4 unless your running NSM over the top of TM. Reason is, I reverted back to a modified stock damage model for various reasons.

Angus89
10-30-07, 10:28 PM
Yes I am running tm then nsn3.3 classic and then row on top of that. Read that was the way to go and ive not had any probs with asiatics campaigns. This was just my first crack at yout new construction option. Which I am so far enjoying.