PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable!

Petsman
10-24-07, 02:41 AM
I have AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+,
2GB DDR400 RAM Dual Channel,
RAID 0 SATA Disks,
ATI Radeon X1800XT 512RAM DDR3( 7.6. Drivers) ,
on an ASUS A8N32 SLI(PCI16x) motherboard.
WInXP SP2.
SH#3+p1.4b+ GWX 1.03.

THe weird thing is that i have the FPS problem( 5 to 7 fps at high TC, after 64x). When I am close to ports and coasts fps is good (40fps) with TC64x max. When i am in the open 128x to 256x OK.:x:cry:

And all the above happened with Lite Harour traffic enabled!!! ... Not logical with these specs.

I only run Kaspersy Antivirus(i disable it before play) and my system is clean. I maintain my system well enough. My job is computer systems engineer.

Cooling is not an issue . Antec P180 keeps the PC cool enough.

Any suggestions?:hmm:

danlisa
10-24-07, 02:50 AM
An issue similar to this has been noticed before and was occuring if you have lots/long plot lines/ruler marks etc on your map. Don't know why.

Does it still happen if you have a 'clean' map?

Petsman
10-24-07, 03:06 AM
An issue similar to this has been noticed before and was occuring if you have lots/long plot lines/ruler marks etc on your map. Don't know why.

Does it still happen if you have a 'clean' map?

only my plotted course of 124 klm!

BulSoldier
10-24-07, 04:38 AM
my pc have similar specs but i have the same problem sometimes i have very low fps when above 128.I dont believe its from the pc probably something from the game....

raymond6751
10-24-07, 04:44 AM
Check if there is a save.tmp in your main or other folders. This is a large unnecessary file that is written to by the game. Perhaps it is very large on your system.

Just a thought.

neves_rats
10-24-07, 06:53 AM
I had the exact same problem (as described in another recent thread I started http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=123897) and resolved it by going back to a previous save game point. When the problem surfaced (sorry for the pun) I was on mission 10, I deleted all saves back to mission 7 and hey presto problem has sunk without trace. I also threw Bernard overboard for good measure:D

CNS
10-24-07, 07:03 AM
Do you have the latest version of DirectX installed?

Petsman
10-25-07, 04:20 AM
I had the exact same problem (as described in another recent thread I started http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=123897) and resolved it by going back to a previous save game point. When the problem surfaced (sorry for the pun) I was on mission 10, I deleted all saves back to mission 7 and hey presto problem has sunk without trace. I also threw Bernard overboard for good measure:D

I had it from the beginning. It is not a save game problem.

I have the latest directX9 installed