PDA

View Full Version : Prototypes

Hanomag
10-22-07, 12:15 PM
Is there a mod to get prototypes?

I remember playing Panzer General 2 and praying for a prototype award in between battles.

It would be great to be rewarded for a high tonnage or large renown patrol with a shiny new eel type or coating or conning tower. Anyways food for thought. :up:

STEED
10-22-07, 12:47 PM
Is there a mod to get prototypes?

I remember playing Panzer General 2 and praying for a prototype award in between battles.

It would be great to be rewarded for a high tonnage or large renown patrol with a shiny new eel type or coating or conning tower. Anyways food for thought. :up:

America is now part of the German Reich, Panzer General 2 ;)

Good question for SH3 but I can not see it, I may be wrong. ;) :hmm:

looney
10-22-07, 12:55 PM
I believe that's what the renown is for.

Hanomag
10-22-07, 01:25 PM
When I talk about prototypes I mean getting stuff before its actually availability date.

For example the T3 (G7e) is available for renown purchase in June 1942 but its prototype date is much earlier.

As I dont see it available for purchase in July of 1941 when its prototype date is in May 1941. I got these dates from our manual online.

I was thinking when we come into port for our admin duties, after a successful patrol, we would be awarded by being able to purchase random protoypes "early".

I thought renown was primarily for upgrading.

Hakahura
10-22-07, 01:28 PM
No thanks mate.

Prototype = untested and unreliable.

Not a reward in my book.

I want tried and tested on my boat.

Hanomag
10-22-07, 01:33 PM
Come on, Im talkin Made In Germany here, not like prototypes are massed produced in Taiwan. :D

papa_smurf
10-22-07, 01:38 PM
No thanks mate.

Not a reward in my book.

I agree, I want a torpedo that is fully working and will not go wrong in any way.

STEED
10-22-07, 01:48 PM
No thanks mate.

Not a reward in my book.

T2 you got before the Norway campaign and that is a :rotfl:

papa_smurf
10-22-07, 01:53 PM

Don't even get me started on the T2 before the Norwegian campaign. I do take them, but only around 3-5, and about half of them malfunction:damn:

STEED
10-22-07, 01:56 PM

Don't even get me started on the T2 before the Norwegian campaign. I do take them, but only around 3-5, and about half of them malfunction:damn:

Never use the bloody things :lol: TI all the way. :D

Hakahura
10-22-07, 02:02 PM
Yep T2's suck.

I avoid them and stay with the steamers till the T3's turn up.