PDA

View Full Version : Sinking ships in harbours

Stix
10-21-07, 02:27 AM
Ok so i finally get a brand spankin new IXB, i get sent down to ET13 down off Freetown. So down i go with nothing more than a few Neutral ships spotted enroute. Patrol my sector, not a thing, patrol the coast, not a thing. What the hell i say lets sneak in to Freetown.

I gunned down a few Elco torp boats on my way in and then find the harbour largely devoid of warships. I sink a Medium cargo and small tanker outside the harbour before navigating my way through the sub nets and in to the harbour proper.

After lots of justling around in the harbour i put 2 torps each in to a Large Tanker and a Large Passenger Liner (24000). I manouver around a little more while my torps reload, go up to sink the 2 i just torpedoed but i can't target them! It is as if they are already classed as "sunk" but they haven't i haven't got the credit.

This is with GWX 1.3 74% realism.

I have also noticed lately i have been sinking ships out of convoys without getting credit for them, why is that?

Thanks in advance

Stix

Brag
10-21-07, 05:42 AM
Something strange there. The only time something like this would happen is with zombie ships, which have re-spawned and attacked too close to their spawned point.

If you hang out about 200 kilometres NW of Freetown (see Spinnennetz map in the stickies section of this forum, which shows convoy routes) you will be in position to intercept a good convoy. Attack it, and see if you get credit or not. There's plenty of traffic in that area.

Good luck :D