PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting tired of polls.

panzer 49th
10-19-07, 07:52 AM
I'm not posting in this section of the forum until the polls are gone or limited to memberrs with 1,000 posts or more sorry if this seems rude but im getting tired of them so goodbye until they are gone.

WeeBubba
10-19-07, 08:00 AM
i say bring on the "are you sad because panzer 49th left?" poll

seafarer
10-19-07, 08:16 AM
:hmm: What's so hard about just not clicking on them nor reading them?

3Jane
10-19-07, 08:33 AM
Is it hard, yes or no. Vote now :p

slow_n_ez
10-19-07, 09:09 AM
Geezzz .. just ignore them ... I hardly ever even open up a poll .. and when I do I rarely cast a vote ... unless its one that is interesting ....... like steel or tuperware LOL jk ....:p

Petsman
10-19-07, 09:24 AM
I believe polls should be published by senior members, moderators( including modders of course).:know:

hobnailboot
10-19-07, 09:25 AM
Yeh I also find them a pain in the *ss, they never sail in a streight line:D

STEED
10-19-07, 09:39 AM
I don't mind as long as the question has some integrity to it. ;)

Jimbuna
10-19-07, 10:01 AM
An integrity poll!!.....Good idea, we've not had one of them before :doh:

;)

Von Manteuffel
10-19-07, 10:26 AM
Let's face it - the polls are there and increasing in frequency because:

a) Subsim is so good that most people's questions, queries and problems have already been sorted out

b) subscribers are, therefore, in a state of limbo - nothing much that is new is happening and we're all waiting for the new version of GWX.

Sailor Steve
10-19-07, 11:13 AM
i say bring on the "are you sad because panzer 49th left?" poll
Only if one choice is "Who?":rotfl:

Brag
10-19-07, 02:28 PM
Mindless and zombie polls are annoying.

panzer 49th
10-19-07, 03:34 PM
Ok I will make a exception to me not posting in this section of the forum

I think that only people with more than 1,000 posts should be able to POST polls however that does not mean that they cannot respond to polls that already exist.

seafarer
10-19-07, 06:19 PM
Ok I will make a exception to me not posting in this section of the forum

I think that only people with more than 1,000 posts should be able to POST polls however that does not mean that they cannot respond to polls that already exist.

Why? How pointless is that? Someone with 1000 meaningless, pointless, worthless, posts could then make a poll. While someone with 23 or 57 or 753 helpful, or interesting, or insightful or humourous or informative posts could not?

What possible relevance does post count have to a forum members "value" or worthyness? Here or on any online forum. How does having more posts make someone's contribution inherently more worthy?

I say let anyone who wants to create a poll, if they choose, and I, in turn will choose whether I read it, respond to it, or ignore it. What's wrong with that? Are you a slave to your mouse, that you must click on every thread link in the entire forum?

Seriously, if polls bug you, then don't read 'em - simple ;)

GoldenRivet
10-19-07, 06:31 PM
i agree with him 100%.

you look for legitimate posts but you have to go back a page or two to find it because some NUT JOB goes back 19 months and finds some long since dead poll that was useless then, is still useless and will forever be useless!

and 75% - 80% of the time its something really off the wall being polled.

at one point... nearly all of page one was revisited Polls from some newbie who went back to the oldest page of the forum and revived a poll that had its last legitimate vote in 2005.

i think that either polls should have to be EITHER one of the following

1. moderator approved
or
2. allowed only by members with over 1500 posts
or
3. have their own dedictated forum
or
4. out right banned all together

EZeemering
10-19-07, 06:36 PM

Thread starter said 1000,.... Lets do a poll on the number!

:rotfl:

GoldenRivet
10-19-07, 06:47 PM
of course it is inevitable that a poll would have to be created to solve such an issue...

the difference is though which post is more important

1. At what number of posts should a forum member receive poll privilages?
*after their 750th post
*after their 1,000th post
*after their 1,500th post
*after 2,000 posts

OR

2. Do you use a famous Uboat number?
*yes
*no

i mean what difference does post #2 really make? is something like this really that important to a serious subsim member?

or as an added idea

not only do you have to have more than XXXX number of posts to receive poll privilages, but your poll will automatically be locked after 10 days. :hmm:

this way - super newbies wont rush out there and post polls like

W00t!!! w00t! just sunk 1,000,000,000,000 tons on 100% realism... have YOU been able to accomplish that heroic feat?
* No and i cant
* No but im still trying

and ALSO the same newbie cant go back 3 years and revive a post discussing what options you hope SH3 will have when it hits release date! :nope:

U49
10-19-07, 07:39 PM
i think that either polls should have to be EITHER one of the following

1. moderator approved
or
or
3. have their own dedictated forum
or
4. out right banned all together

1,3,4 OK, good options -> lets choose; I PREFER 3!!!
2 :nope: no need for a poll, poll reflects public opinon not the selected from the few most speaking...
5 do nothing and let it as it is - disturbing but it is

GoldenRivet
10-19-07, 11:43 PM
so... petition the moderators for a seperate "SH3 Polls Forum"?

im not sure what it takes to make a whole other forum addition, im sure if you make a new addition for SH3 you would have to make one for all the other sections.

Kodaita
10-20-07, 12:52 AM
I had to laugh at this. All the diehard u-boat capitans, including many of us who jack up the realism to make the game harder, annoyed because we have to click a mouse button one or two extra times because the post we want isn't on the front page. :rotfl:

Seriously I am all for locking polls after a set amount of days, but alot of people seem to like the polls, judging by the number of new ones I see all the time. Some of them may be a bit silly or odd, but people still answer them. So either make a poll section or lock them after XX days, but don't get rid of them.

GoldenRivet
10-20-07, 01:16 AM
I had to laugh at this. All the diehard u-boat capitans, including many of us who jack up the realism to make the game harder, annoyed because we have to click a mouse button one or two extra times because the post we want isn't on the front page. :rotfl:

Seriously I am all for locking polls after a set amount of days, but alot of people seem to like the polls, judging by the number of new ones I see all the time. Some of them may be a bit silly or odd, but people still answer them. So either make a poll section or lock them after XX days, but don't get rid of them.

dude now thats funny.

i like polls too. to an extent.

what i cant stand is guys who are brand new to the forum who go back as far as they can and revive a poll that everyone has long since forgotten about... and its not that they do it once or twice, its that the entire front page (for the most current conversations) gets flooded with polls with original posting dates of January 2005, and didnt see past a month of replies.

it gets rediculous - its like me knocking on your front door and saying "so what do you think about O.J. Simpson's murder case defense being based on the fact that a glove is slightly too small?"

or knocking on your front door and saying "So... what do you think about the military situation in Grenada?"

i mean sure... i might be able to carry on a conversation about it.

But why??? :rotfl:

Koondawg
10-20-07, 03:18 AM
OP should have started a poll about polls...now thats the answer :lol:

Jimbuna
10-20-07, 06:26 AM

dude now thats funny.

i like polls too. to an extent.

what i cant stand is guys who are brand new to the forum who go back as far as they can and revive a poll that everyone has long since forgotten about... and its not that they do it once or twice, its that the entire front page (for the most current conversations) gets flooded with polls with original posting dates of January 2005, and didnt see past a month of replies.

it gets rediculous - its like me knocking on your front door and saying "so what do you think about O.J. Simpson's murder case defense being based on the fact that a glove is slightly too small?"

or knocking on your front door and saying "So... what do you think about the military situation in Grenada?"

i mean sure... i might be able to carry on a conversation about it.

But why??? :rotfl:

Rgr that matey :up:

Brag
10-20-07, 07:11 AM
An automatic expiration date would fix the problem. However, there are hundreds if not thousands of old polls waiting to be exhumed and given zombie life.

STEED
10-20-07, 07:50 AM
Pint of Guinness and a greasy egg butty. :sunny:

Jimbuna
10-20-07, 08:10 AM
Divvun forget the tomato sauce ;)

Kodaita
10-20-07, 11:26 AM
I do agree that the old threads and polls being revived can be annoying. I'll see one that looks interesting, open it up ready to sit back, read and maybe make a comment, only to find that 64 threads were made over 3 days in decemeber of 2005, and one thread made 16 mins ago:damn:

I see threads like that, I'll still read them, but posting is a no no. As for polls in general, I rarely take part in them. Like the new Should we have a poll thread I just saw on here. More fun to read the choices and watch everyone vote for lasanga than to actually answer the dang thing.