PDA

View Full Version : Help, I am leaking

Bulkhead
10-18-07, 06:51 PM
Hi.
sorry, i dont mean major flooding, but when am in a fight and after when i am gonna do repairs its leaking... If its major damage i stop dead in the water to do repairs, but no matter whaqt it never stops leakink throu some of the pipes....the water keeps spraying. Even when there is no more to fix and repair.

Do i use the wrong Damage control team, do i do things in the wrong order??

This is annoying, when its nothing more to repair it shouldnt be leaking.
:)

Digital_Trucker
10-18-07, 07:04 PM
That continuous leaking after everything seems to be repaired is the games way of telling you that you have damages that you cannot repair while on patrol.

Try one of these two to see how much damage there really is

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=114405

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=121353&highlight=billko

and happy hunting!

Bulkhead
10-18-07, 07:19 PM

Von Manteuffel
10-19-07, 06:44 AM
Digital Trucker has it. The visuals of leaks in the Control Room are a reminder that your hull is no longer 100% intact - which may affect the safe depth to which you can dive etc. I assume that you're meant to understand that you've repaired the damage, but your boat has been weakened and the pumps can take care of the "leaks"

SteamWake
10-19-07, 11:30 AM
Yes the spraying is a visual 'clue' that you have some sort of hull integrity breach. Note that this damage in not 'displayed' any where else :hmm:

This damage cannot be repaired at a tender let alone at sea.

Only way to stop it is to return to base.

But dont let it sway your determination, just use good judgement and dont stress the hull to much. How much is too much, well if you suddenly start taking on water and sinking out of control... that was too much.

I have a crew out now that has had the spraying going on a week now. They are slowly making their way to base but taking on targets of oppurtinity along the way diving often to avoid aircaft.

dean_acheson
10-19-07, 12:25 PM
It just lets you know that you have reached the part of the patrol when the men get seperated from the boys.

;)

Sorry, that was poor humor. I usually start thinking about heading home when the boat get to a-leaking.

:D