PDA

View Full Version : other U-boats in game?

Capt. Shark Bait
10-17-07, 05:50 PM
came across this a coupla times. tried to intercept prior to this screenie, but due to horrific weather, heavy rain, winds 15mps etc..., i gave up on finding. then 2 grib squares later, it's off my stern. i figure if it's on the nav chart i should be able to find it in fair weather. U-boat in question is at top

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1747/viicstbrdafttl1.th.png (http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=viicstbrdafttl1.png)
click me

GoldenRivet
10-17-07, 06:04 PM
i searched for that bugger for days on top of DAYS.

finally i determined that he was submerged to about 40 meters!

the only way i knew was by chance i stopped the boat, went to external view and heared this "Shhhhhhh" of a wake but i was the only ship for miles.

by pure chance, i was right on top of him! and he was about 40 meters beneath me.

there are subs in the game, but an exchange i had with one of the GWX dev team members ages ago (sorry - cant recall which one at the moment) leads me to believe that this particular u-boat was not performing as programmed.

there are AI u-boats and AI enemy subs in GWX1.03 though and they will fire deck guns at you if you give them a chance, your friendly u-boats will even fight to the death with the enemy. so keep an eye out. so far... nobody has figured out how to mod AI torpedos...

at least not that i know of yet :hmm:

Capt. Shark Bait
10-17-07, 06:13 PM
gotta like GWX. never woulda found him anyway, even if he was on the surface in a storm, at night :-?

GoldenRivet
10-17-07, 08:00 PM
reaminds me of the "Seamus" character from family guy with wooden arms and legs when he was talking about seeing the giant fish called "daggermouth"

in a crusty old pirate voice...

"I saw daggermouth once... sure... it was dark. and raining. and my glasses were at lense crafters... and my eyes were sore and bloodshot from the chlorine from when i went swimming earlier that day.. BUT I SAW THAT FISH!!"

:arrgh!:

:rotfl:

the guys see this epic seamus character with his wooden peg arms and legs and they stare at him for a second

"were you in some kind of accident?!" they ask

seamus replies...
"no" he says sarcastically... "my father was a tree" :arrgh!:

Capt. Shark Bait
10-18-07, 05:17 PM
reaminds me of the "Seamus" character from family guy with wooden arms and legs when he was talking about seeing the giant fish called "daggermouth"

in a crusty old pirate voice...

"I saw daggermouth once... sure... it was dark. and raining. and my glasses were at lense crafters... and my eyes were sore and bloodshot from the chlorine from when i went swimming earlier that day.. BUT I SAW THAT FISH!!"

:arrgh!:

the guys see this epic seamus character with his wooden peg arms and legs and they stare at him for a second

"were you in some kind of accident?!" they ask

seamus replies...
"no" he says sarcastically... "my father was a tree" :arrgh!: