PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Patrol then CTD's start

jlmurc
10-05-07, 02:55 PM
Hi Shipmates,

This has never happened before to me, but having commissioned a new boat the Bowfin, then transferred to Pearl, then completed two patrols with some success; I happily set out on my 3rd and having refitted at Midway have set course for the Carolines. With no warning I keep getting CTD's. I have reloaded from when I docked after my second patrol, but still the same. Have I found a Pacific Triangle?
Does anybody have asny ideas as since buying the game two days after it had hit the shelves here in the UK, I have never had a problem or a lockup, so am stumped and hope that I dont have to trash this command to start again.

Thanks for looking.

John:damn:

fred8615
10-05-07, 03:20 PM
Are you playing the radio when it does this? If so, it may be a missing file in an Event folder.

leovampire
10-05-07, 03:28 PM
Hi Shipmates,

This has never happened before to me, but having commissioned a new boat the Bowfin, then transferred to Pearl, then completed two patrols with some success; I happily set out on my 3rd and having refitted at Midway have set course for the Carolines. With no warning I keep getting CTD's. I have reloaded from when I docked after my second patrol, but still the same. Have I found a Pacific Triangle?
Does anybody have asny ideas as since buying the game two days after it had hit the shelves here in the UK, I have never had a problem or a lockup, so am stumped and hope that I dont have to trash this command to start again.

Thanks for looking.

There was something in Triger Maru 1.6 that did cause a crash and tater posted a fix for it. So knowing what you are using for a mod might help.

jlmurc
10-05-07, 03:34 PM
Hi Shipmates,

Thanks for looking.

There was something in Triger Maru 1.6 that did cause a crash and tater posted a fix for it. So knowing what you are using for a mod might help.

I did download what I thought was the latest update for trigger Maru, but now see that I have missed the patch. I shall download it forthwith and then give things a try and report back. I have never used the radio so it cannot be that.

Thanks guys,

John:arrgh!:

A_Engel
10-05-07, 05:27 PM
I had this problem a while ago. When I would start a career in 1941, in about my third partol, I would crash to the desktop. So now I start careers in 1942. Oh, and when I was crashing to the desktop, I was not running any mods.

neumanf15
10-05-07, 07:13 PM
The issues Tater fixed (some convoy issues) with his campaign update occured in the latter half of 1943. If you are in that time frame, Tater's campaign update should fix it.