PDA

View Full Version : Dodging Sams in the Balkins - In F4 AF

SUBMAN1
10-01-07, 04:56 PM
7 Sams total. They drove me to the deck, and if another missile was launched, or an AAA gun were present, I don't think I would have brought my plane home!

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1243432BJSkrk7p

-S

PS. If you download the video, you get increased resolution and increased FPS (30 FPS).

Kratos
10-02-07, 06:05 AM
Nice vid there matey :up:

SUBMAN1
10-02-07, 09:09 AM
Thx!

I had to turn in on that last one to avoid it.

-S

Chock
10-02-07, 11:26 AM
Nice job avoiding them. Personally, I'd have been down on the deck a lot sooner than that, but Iron Hand/Wild Weasel stuff is my fave type of mission in modern sims such as Falcon, I find it more challenging than dogfighting.

Incidentally, if you like that kind of thing, TrackIR makes it much more fun and easier to do in Falcon, you can time your turns better and pick things up visually and track them a lot better. I think you did a great job there considering it was all done on view panning though, I presume you had a jamming pod on as well as the HARMs?

Good shooting with them by the way, it reminded me of the Iron Hand bit from Flight of the Intruder with the Shrike missiles: 'It's not any fun until the Gomers fire three at us' - 'That's four! Are you happy now?'

:D Chock

SUBMAN1
10-02-07, 11:30 AM
They never get me. They were forcing me down though, and I find they do that purposely, which is why I like to avoid the deck if at all possible - they like to time it perfectly so that they put you right smack dab into a heavy AAA barage, and then its might be game over since the game changes quickly at that point.

-S