PDA

View Full Version : Screen problem

Savvy
09-20-07, 01:45 PM
Hi all,

Got a problem with the image on screen. The tool bar is disapearing into the edge of the monitor screen so i'm missing some icons. I've messed with the screen res and it makes no difference, i've also done a re-install but again no difference. This is really starting to bug me now, any help would great.

Cheers

Sav.

TDK1044
09-20-07, 02:09 PM
if you're using a supported screen resolution that your monitor can handle, then you need to manipulate the actual monitor image using the menus available on your monitor.

Savvy
09-20-07, 02:41 PM
Thaks for the reply TDK

I'm running the game at 1024x768 for better fps, my monitor can support upto 1280x1024. I tried different res settings in the game options to see what the fps hit was when i first installed the game and all was well. After a few tweaks last week i tried this again out of interest and that is when the trouble started. I will try your suggestion but i having had a go at this already i'm not sure that this will solve the problem.

Sav.

TDK1044
09-20-07, 06:17 PM
And you're sure that the 'in game' resolution settings match what windows has set?

Zantham
09-20-07, 07:34 PM
Is it 'just' the toolbar, or are you missing part of your screen too, such as the nav tools in the navigation screen?

DedEye
09-20-07, 07:39 PM
To confuse matters further (sorry!!!:rotfl: ) every resolution has a different refresh rate that can change the position of the image on the monitor (at least on a CRT).

For example, you can have 1024x768 at 60, 70, 72, 75, 80Hz or even high if your monitor and video card support it. You can adjust this under display properties--> settings-->advanced--> monitor.

Generally a higher refresh rate is better; easier on the eyes and less flicker.

maerean_m
09-21-07, 12:01 AM
If your monitor is a LCD one, look for an "Auto" button on the monitor. Press that button and the monitor will configure itself so you can see the whole picture.

Savvy
09-21-07, 05:38 AM
Ok, first up, a big thanks to all who replied.

Not quite sure what happened here, although i think it was my fault (usually is, according to my wife!!!)

I did some buggering about with ATI settings and all was fine until i changed the res 'in game'.

I have just done the 'Restore to factory default' on the monitor menu and all is as it should be :up: So, thats me not buggering about with that again :-?

Thanks again,

Sav.