PDA

View Full Version : Falcon 4 AF tweaks

SUBMAN1
09-17-07, 05:06 PM
There are two things that I don't like about F4 AF's default profile - #1 is padlock boxes. The other is when you are recording an AVTR file - it flashes a red recording on the top of the screen. No fun - and an immersion killer in my book. I figured I'd post how to remove both of these annoyances.

Create a file in your root Falcon AF directory called BFOps.cfg

To remove the padlock box, add the following line to the file:

set g_nPadlockBoxSize 0

To Remove the annoying AVTR red flashing Recording thing, add this line:

set g_nShowAVTRStatus 0

Hopefully someone can make use of this.

-S

larrysellars
09-19-07, 10:21 AM
:up:

I hate that recording symbol, but I must admit I'm a little nervous about getting rid of the padlock boxes. I can't tell the difference between enemy and friendly at close range, much less several miles away, although it does seem a little extreme to be able to differentiate between ground units when you're patrolling at 30,000 feet.

Hopefully one day I'll learn how to tell the F-15 from the MiG-29, preferably before it launches a missile. :doh:

SUBMAN1
09-19-07, 10:49 AM
:up:

I hate that recording symbol, but I must admit I'm a little nervous about getting rid of the padlock boxes. I can't tell the difference between enemy and friendly at close range, much less several miles away, although it does seem a little extreme to be able to differentiate between ground units when you're patrolling at 30,000 feet.

Hopefully one day I'll learn how to tell the F-15 from the MiG-29, preferably before it launches a missile. :doh:

Its just the padlock box they put around what you are looking at. It has no effects on labels if that is what you are using.

larrysellars
09-19-07, 11:09 AM
I use the "enhanced" padlock, which will cycle through everything within a certain radius (I think 8nm) regardless of my field of vision, and also puts a colored box around the target indicating their allegiance (red for enemy, blue for friendly, and green for what I assume are neutrals).

Now if I can just knock China back out of the war and regain my air superiority, I wouldn't have to deal with these A2A engagements and can go back to moving mud.

:D

SUBMAN1
09-21-07, 12:15 PM
I use the "enhanced" padlock, which will cycle through everything within a certain radius (I think 8nm) regardless of my field of vision, and also puts a colored box around the target indicating their allegiance (red for enemy, blue for friendly, and green for what I assume are neutrals).

Now if I can just knock China back out of the war and regain my air superiority, I wouldn't have to deal with these A2A engagements and can go back to moving mud.

:D

I never needed it since your padlock in enhanced padlock form automagically locks on to the nearest 'threat' first, then will cycle through friendlies after, so if you just hit the padlock, and an enemy is nearby, or a missile is closing, that is the first thing it looks at. Missiles take priority over enemies too, but they are always white and easy to spot that they are an incomming missile.

Tikigod
10-12-07, 05:03 AM
and green for what I assume are neutrals.

Green are bogeys (unidentified targets) If they shoot at you they are enemy :)

Tikigod
10-12-07, 05:08 AM
Anyone know what this tweak does?

set g_nPadlockMode 15

I pasted it into a text file for later use and forgot what it does :)

SUBMAN1
10-12-07, 11:49 AM
Anyone know what this tweak does?

set g_nPadlockMode 15

I pasted it into a text file for later use and forgot what it does :)

Yes - it is like what I describe above with 0. With 0, it turns it off. WIth 15, it makes it even bigger than the default size.

-S