PDA

View Full Version : Rugby World Cup Thread

TarJak
09-07-07, 11:05 PM
So who's going to win and whose going to lose?

The Puma's of Argentina have already given the French a bloody nose in the opener so upsets could be on the cards for some of the other fancied teams. Barrack for your country and tell us who you think will win through.

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/index.html

Swede
09-08-07, 01:21 AM
france or SA, no doubt about it

kiwi_2005
09-08-07, 02:36 AM
New Zealand. We got the best coach in the world, who a few yrs ago when he coached Wales brought them from the bottom of the heap to nearly beat England. We lost the last time cause we had an idiot of a coach that made 3 of our best rugby players leave. He tried to tell our best fullback how to hold a ball!!! He left to go play for the irish.

Australia, south africa will be hard to beat.

diver
09-08-07, 02:56 AM
france or SA, no doubt about it

France? Are you taking the mickey? I would not be surprised if they didnt make it past the group stage. If they lose to Ireland, which is highly likely, thier campaign will in all probability be dead.

lesrae
09-08-07, 04:38 AM
Scotland!!!!

:lost:

darius359au
09-08-07, 04:48 AM
Australia , and if we meet England in the final again they haven't got Johnny bloody Wilkinson to kick another drop goal this time:up:

bookworm_020
09-09-07, 08:53 PM
Australia, New Zealand will choke when they reach the quarters.

BTW To the people who voted for the U.S.A., being a little too positive about your chances!:yep:

Reaves
09-10-07, 01:04 AM
I think the Wallabies can make it but I'm nervous about the Kiwi's, they have a good side as usual.

With any luck South Africa will make a lot of mistakes and get knocked out early.

Von Tonner
09-10-07, 06:47 AM
I think the Wallabies can make it but I'm nervous about the Kiwi's, they have a good side as usual.

With any luck South Africa will make a lot of mistakes and get knocked out early.

Well though SA won their opening game with a good performance their ball handling must improve when they come up against better opponents. So yes, I agree with you Reaves, SA can beat any team on the park on any given day and in so doing win the World Cup for the second time - but ONLY if they don't beat themselves through handling mistakes.

TarJak
09-11-07, 08:57 PM
Argentina could be a surprise packet having won their 2nd match If they do well against Ireland and beat Namibia as expected they will find themselves in the knockout round possibly at Frances expense if they struggle against Ireland. Possibly one of the more interesting pools because of the possible outcomes.

TarJak
09-14-07, 02:55 AM
Big game this weekend between England and South Africa. Can the poms do it without a Johnny? Will the yarpies fall aparthied?

Tchocky
09-14-07, 09:25 AM
Can the poms do it without a Johnny? Will the yarpies fall aparthied?
:rotfl:

Marcantilan
09-14-07, 09:30 AM
I think "Los Pumas" (Argentine national rugby team) is an excelent team and a heavy contender, but still my favorite is New Zealand.

Jimbuna
09-14-07, 09:53 AM
Big game this weekend between England and South Africa. Can the poms do it without a Johnny? Will the yarpies fall aparthied?

Just so long as they perform better than your lot did in the cricket against Zimbabwe :oops: :rotfl:

TarJak
09-15-07, 12:59 AM

Just so long as they perform better than your lot did in the cricket against Zimbabwe :oops: :rotfl:
Doesn't look like they did eh? At least Australia scored against Zimbawe. And Australia gave the poms a lesson in the cricket as well. :oops: :rotfl:

melnibonian
09-15-07, 03:20 AM
I would like to say Argentina will win (I have a very special relationship with the country and the people) but if i want to be realistic I will say the All Blacks. They're the best in my opinion

Von Tonner
09-15-07, 05:47 AM
"South Africa humiliated world champions England in Paris on Friday as they inflicted a record World Cup defeat on them winning 36-0 to avenge their 2003 World Cup loss to the English."

Forgive me for gloating but I think we can start making space in our trophy cabinet:up:

diver
09-15-07, 06:46 AM
"South Africa humiliated world champions England in Paris on Friday as they inflicted a record World Cup defeat on them winning 36-0 to avenge their 2003 World Cup loss to the English."

Forgive me for gloating but I think we can start making space in our trophy cabinet:up:

It was only England.

Jimbuna
09-15-07, 09:27 AM

Doesn't look like they did eh? At least Australia scored against Zimbawe. And Australia gave the poms a lesson in the cricket as well. :oops: :rotfl:

Yep.....I'm away now to slit my wrists :damn:

Rhodes
09-15-07, 09:38 AM
Portugal is the only amateur ruby team in the World Rugby cup, and lost 108-13 with New Zeland. I happy because at least we manage to score 13 points against the best or one of the best teams in rugby. The contry that invented rugby, score against South Africa... :p

kiwi_2005
09-15-07, 10:01 AM
Portugal is the only amateur ruby team in the World Rugby cup, and lost 108-13 with New Zeland. I happy because at least we manage to score 13 points against the best or one of the best teams in rugby. The contry that invented rugby, score against South Africa... :p

I didn't mean to sound like im mocking portugal, they did play well for an amateur team. :up:

Rhodes
09-15-07, 10:52 AM

I didn't mean to sound like im mocking portugal, they did play well for an amateur team. :up:

Hey, you didn't mock Portugal. All is cool, hurray for the 13 points:up: :D

TarJak
09-15-07, 05:54 PM
Australia marches on it way to the knowckout round witha 32 20 win over Wales. Sorry Pen. ;)

Their only concern is the number of injuries with Larkham and now Mortlock injured. They will have to make sure that the replacements step up to the plate and put in really top performances to make it all the way.

Wales put up a good fight in this match though in front of a very parochial home crowd. Wuite a good match to watch and looked like a great atmosphere at the ground.

Tchocky
09-16-07, 08:17 AM
After the Ireland match there was a sort of insulted silence.

What. The. ****ing. ****. Was. That?

We should shoot one of the team to encourage the rest.

Jimbuna
09-16-07, 09:06 AM
After the Ireland match there was a sort of insulted silence.

What. The. ****ing. ****. Was. That?

We should shoot one of the team to encourage the rest.

If England went down that route there'd be nobody left to play :p

Tchocky
09-16-07, 07:19 PM
If England went down that route there'd be nobody left to play :p Yeah, it's a one-off solution :)

Seriously though, if we want to have a hope of doing well, we can't keep playing like....that

Jimbuna
09-17-07, 03:54 PM
I don't know why, but England have an awful knack of making things difficult for themselves in most sports :nope:

TarJak
09-17-07, 09:44 PM
I don't know why, but England have an awful knack of making things difficult for themselves in most sports :nope: That may be an opportunity. A new sport perhaps?:rotfl:

darius359au
09-17-07, 11:20 PM
I don't know why, but England have an awful knack of making things difficult for themselves in most sports :nope: That may be an opportunity. A new sport perhaps?:rotfl:

A new game show "The Right Way , The Wrong way and the England way" ;):lol:

Jimbuna
09-18-07, 02:51 AM
Go on.....kick a guy when he's down :oops:

;)

TarJak
09-18-07, 08:05 PM

;)

If he's at the bottom of a ruck and is in the way of the ball then he gets what he gets.:lol::arrgh!:

darius359au
09-18-07, 09:21 PM

;)
If he's at the bottom of a ruck and is in the way of the ball then he gets what he gets.:lol::arrgh!:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Jimbuna
09-19-07, 04:40 AM
Well....we've got little Johnny coming back so heaven help ermmm, us perhaps :oops:

TarJak
09-19-07, 05:28 AM
Do you think putting a Johnny on now will make any difference? As the actress said to the bishop.:rotfl::rotfl:

Jimbuna
09-19-07, 09:46 AM
There's always hope..........hope it's not Bob this time :p

darius359au
09-19-07, 05:50 PM
There's always hope..........hope it's not Bob this time :p

A sure sign of trouble would be if the England skipper comes on the field carrying a 1 wood ;)

kiwi_2005
09-20-07, 12:52 AM
Press Release!!!

International Rugby Board (IRB) Rugby World Cup 2007
Following complaints to the IRB about the All Blacks being allowed to motivate themselves by performing the ‘Haka’ before their games, other nations were asked to suggest pre-match rituals of their own. The IRB Rugby World Cup 2007 Organizing Committee has now agreed to the following pre-match displays:

1) The England team will chat about the weather, wave hankies in the air and attach bells to their ankles before moaning about how they invented the game and gave it to the world, but no one appreciates them.

2) The Scotland team will chant “You lookin’ at me Jimmy?” before each of them smash a bottle of beer over their opponents’ heads.

3) The Ireland team will split into two, with the Southern half performing a Riverdance, while the Northerners march the Traditional route from their dressing room to the pitch, via their opponents dressing room.

4) Unfortunately the Committee was unable to accept the Welsh proposal to form a choir and sing Tom Jones’ “It’s Not Unusual”.

5) Argentina will unexpectedly invade a small part of opposition territory, claim it as their own “Las In-Goals-Areas” and have to be forcibly removed by the match stewards.

6) Two members of the South African team will claim to be more important than the other 13 whom they will imprison between the posts. These two will then go about selecting the best parts of the pitch to settle on and claim that they have been there for centuries.

7) The Americans will not attend until almost full time. In future years they will amend the records to show that they were in fact the most important team in the tournament and Hollywood will make a blockbuster film called ‘Saving Flanker Ryan’.

8) Five of the Canadian team will sing La Marseillaise and hold the rest of the team to ransom.

9) The Italian team will arrive in Armani gear, sexually harass the female officials and then prepare pasta dishes, which they will flog to the crowd for a fortune.

10) The Japanese will shock fans buy demonstrating how to capture a whale for scientific research buy harpooning an opposition prop.

11) The French won’t have a pre-match display and will simply hide in fear in the dressing room for the whole match.

12) The Australians will have a BBQ on their side of the fi eld and invite the opposition over before the game. The food and alcohol will be in abundance and by the start of the game no-one will remember what they came to the stadium for. After some streaking, the singing of dirty songs and the occasional chunder everyone will go home thoroughly convinced it was a bloody good night.

13) The Moroccan team will quietly pray during the first half and then launch suicide attacks against the opposition after the break. Unfortunately, this strategy works well for the fi rst game only, after which Morocco is forced to withdraw from the Rugby World Cup due to lack of players.

14) Samoa will prepare a huge feast in the middle of the pitch by digging a large hole and fi lling it with burning embers. They invite the opposition over by saying, “We’d like to have you for dinner”. It’s only when the opposition get to the pit that they realize there is no meat and that they are the dinner!
Hopefully, with these policies now in place, further problems is this area of the game should cease to exists.

Regards,
Syd Miller
IRB Chairman

darius359au
09-20-07, 01:31 AM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Jimbuna
09-20-07, 05:47 AM
LMAO :rotfl:

TarJak
09-20-07, 06:48 AM
Syd has clearly been to a few Australian rugby matches. LMAO:rotfl: :rotfl:

@Jimbuna, Speaking of Fitba' the Toon are playing the Hammers this weekend. You going to the game?

TarJak
09-23-07, 05:39 AM
South Africa gets a scare from Tonga and England cruises past Samoa. Australia takes on Fiji tonight. Big weekend for the Pacific Islands.

Jimbuna
09-23-07, 07:15 AM
I kinda feel a little concerned for the Fijians :hmm:

TarJak
09-23-07, 10:39 PM
Despite the scoreline 55-12, the Fijians actually played quite well. It was a bit of a scrappy match with lots of turn-overs from both sides. I'm happy with the result as it confirms Australia in the knockout round. With Australia to play Canada next week no results in the pool can keep the Aussies out. Who they play is shaping up to be interesting.

Australia winning Pool B means they play the 2nd placed team from Pool A. In Pool A South Africa look like they are through in first place unless the USA pulls out a miracle win. 3rd placed England plays 2nd placed Tonga and if the Tongans can string together another performance like the one against South Africa may even see the current world champions out of the tournament during the pool stages. If England defeat Tonga they must come up against Australia in the knockout

The other interesting pool is D. In pool D Argentina are leading on 14 points with France on 10 and Ireland on 9. France is not likely to be troubled in their game against Georgia and if they play well should earn a bonus point earning them 5 points to finish the pool stage on 15.

The Argentina v Ireland game should decide who goes through and could be a very tight battle with no quarter asked or given. The best outcome Ireland can hope for is a win with a bonus point to bring them level with Argentina on 14. I thing points difference then decides who goes through. Argentina will be happy with a win regardless of bonuses as it should see them through at the top of their pool.

Pool C loost like the positions are set unless there is a massive win over Scotland by Italy, with New Zealand going through in number one and Scotland likely to remain in second place.

The stage is set for an interesting finish to the pool section of the tournament

kiwi_2005
09-23-07, 11:00 PM
Despite the scoreline 55-12, the Fijians actually played quite well. It was a bit of a scrappy match with lots of turn-overs from both sides. I'm happy with the result as it confirms Australia in the knockout round. With Australia to play Canada next week no results in the pool can keep the Aussies out. Who they play is shaping up to be interesting.

Australia winning Pool B means they play the 2nd placed team from Pool A. In Pool A South Africa look like they are through in first place unless the USA pulls out a miracle win. 3rd placed England plays 2nd placed Tonga and if the Tongans can string together another performance like the one against South Africa may even see the current world champions out of the tournament during the pool stages. If England defeat Tonga they must come up against Australia in the knockout

The other interesting pool is D. In pool D Argentina are leading on 14 points with France on 10 and Ireland on 9. France is not likely to be troubled in their game against Georgia and if they play well should earn a bonus point earning them 5 points to finish the pool stage on 15.

The Argentina v Ireland game should decide who goes through and could be a very tight battle with no quarter asked or given. The best outcome Ireland can hope for is a win with a bonus point to bring them level with Argentina on 14. I thing points difference then decides who goes through. Argentina will be happy with a win regardless of bonuses as it should see them through at the top of their pool.

Pool C loost like the positions are set unless there is a massive win over Scotland by Italy, with New Zealand going through in number one and Scotland likely to remain in second place.

The stage is set for an interesting finish to the pool section of the tournament

Thanks for the update, i ve missed watching a few matches.

Jimbuna
09-24-07, 05:26 AM
You'll be doing live commentary next :p

I'll go for an All Blacks v Cons final....unless the knockout stage is drawn out of a hat. :hmm:

TarJak
09-24-07, 06:25 AM
Tune in next week when things start to get interesting.:D

This is how I see it panning out:

Knock-out phase
Quarter-final 1 Winner B v Runner Up A =AUS v ENG or possibly TNG
Quarter-final 2 Winner C v Runner Up D = NZL v FRA or IRE or less likely ARG
Quarter-final 3 Winner A v Runner Up B = RSA v WAL or FIJ
Quarter-final 4 Winner D v Runner Up C = probably ARG or FRA v SCO or less likely ITA

Semmi-Finals
Semi-final 1Winner QF 1 v Winner QF 2 = AUS v NZL unless something strange happens and the All Blacks don't show up in the QF.
Semi-final 2Winner QF 3 v Winner QF 4 = RSA v ARG or if they are lucky FRA
3RD vs 4THLoser SF1 v Loser SF2 = Who cares?

Final
Winner SF1 v Winner SF2 = AUS or NZL v RSAI want to see AUS win it but not tempting fate enough to predict it.

Jimbuna
09-24-07, 10:45 AM
How do you see the cricket final panning out ? :hmm:

TarJak
09-24-07, 03:09 PM
Not telling. Not here anyway. Wrong thread.:rotfl:

Anything else you'd like to know? This weeks lottery numbers, winner of the next Grand National perhaps? LMAO

Jimbuna
09-24-07, 03:46 PM
Yes please :p

TarJak
09-25-07, 02:11 AM
No guarantees on the lottery numbers being winners but here goes: 9,45,123, 2.456677,12, 3, 34 and the supplementary is 16!:rotfl:

And the Grand National will be won by the horse with a jockey on it's back that crosses the line first.:rotfl:

Next customer please!

On a slightly more serious note, who are the poms going to barrack for after they get knocked out? :)

kiwi_2005
09-25-07, 02:26 AM

Final
Winner SF1 v Winner SF2 = AUS or NZL v RSA I want to see AUS win it but not tempting fate enough to predict it.

I think if the final comes to NZvAUS, it will be a good thing, whoever wins will be good for both countries as the cup is downunder not half way across the world.

Although having said that. If NZ lose against aussie i will be drinking a few to take away the pain...:arrgh!::rotfl:

Von Tonner
09-25-07, 02:55 AM

Final
Winner SF1 v Winner SF2 = AUS or NZL v RSA I want to see AUS win it but not tempting fate enough to predict it.

I think if the final comes to NZvAUS, it will be a good thing, whoever wins will be good for both countries as the cup is downunder not half way across the world.

Although having said that. If NZ lose against aussie i will be drinking a few to take away the pain...:arrgh!::rotfl:

Aw, come on Kiwi, you can always hop on a plane and come to SA to see the cup. Sunny skies, miles and miles of beaches, abundance of wild life, excellent beer - what more do you want:D

Jimbuna
09-25-07, 04:39 AM

Final

Aw, come on Kiwi, you can always hop on a plane and come to SA to see the cup. Sunny skies, miles and miles of beaches, abundance of wild life, excellent beer - what more do you want:D

But is the wild life friendly :lol:

TarJak
09-27-07, 08:11 PM
So England v Tonga. Who's willing to back the Tongans?

bookworm_020
09-27-07, 09:58 PM
I will! It would be nice to see them win!;)

kiwi_2005
09-27-07, 11:09 PM
Tonga nearly beat SA, they got a good chance of beating England.

Jimbuna
09-28-07, 07:27 AM
I'll ignore my head and follow my heart....COME ON ENGLAND !! :lol:

TarJak
09-28-07, 06:54 PM
Well done England! 36-20 victors over Tonga. The poms looked like they had the measure of their South Pacific opponents througout most of the match although they must have had their hearts in their throats when Tonga scored the first try in the 18th minute.

This means England has booked a quarter final berth against Australia in a weeks time. I'm licking my lips over that one and will be sitting up late to watch every minute. Very tasty!

All interest this weekend now turns to the crucial clash between Argentina and Ireland to see whether France makes it through to the quarters or not.

kiwi_2005
09-28-07, 07:04 PM
Well done england, I knew it, although i was hoping tonga might beat them.

Jimbuna
09-29-07, 05:25 AM
The pressure will be on the Cons next week....they're expected to win. :yep:
So let's have all the boasting out now, not forgetting humble pie is a possibility afterwards.....a lot can happen in the duration of a game....I remember the last World Cup Final....."Fancy a drop?" ;)

TarJak
09-29-07, 07:35 PM
If we play the way we did last night against Canada the Poms will trounce us. The amount of dropped ball by the Wallabies in a wet encounter was inexcusable at that level and I hope that they get their backsides kicked by the coaching staff for what was a pretty dismal performance despite winning 37-6.:down:

To make matters worse David Lyons looks like he's broken his leg!

I won;t be doing any boasting until after the game (I hope).:D

Kapitan_Phillips
09-30-07, 04:49 AM
lol at Welsh ownage by Fiji :rotfl:

Jimbuna
09-30-07, 06:30 AM
There'll be a few 'sheepish' people around Wales right now :hmm:

Marcantilan
10-01-07, 11:13 AM
knockout round...

Vamos Pumas!

TarJak
10-01-07, 07:40 PM
So onto the Quarter Final stage of the tournament!

This weeks results mean Fiji has supplanted the Welsh and have also moved back into the top 10 rugby playing nations.

The games this coming weekend are:

Saturday 6th
AUS vs ENG (Go Gold!)
NZL vs FRA (Possible repeat of their 1999 semi final?)

Sunday 7th
RSA vs FJI (Hate to say it but RSA will probably win this one)
ARG vs SCO (Tough to say but whoever wins will kark it in the semi final

Give you team some support in the quarters!

Von Tonner
10-02-07, 03:49 AM
With only Fiji and either Scotland or Argentina in the way, it would be a brave person to take on a bet that SA will not be in the final. So, SA's biggest rivals are left to fight it out amongst themselves for one of them to meet us on the park at Stade de France on Oct 20. White, SA's coach is on record as saying he hopes it is the All Blacks.
His reasoning: "We're fortunate we've played Samoa and Tonga, we've had enough practice against the Pacific Island teams. Fiji now. Hopefully we'll get New Zealand All Blacks on the last weekend."

TarJak
10-02-07, 08:24 AM
Yeh the Springboks look like they may have scored a dream run to the final. Unless of course the Argies have a trick up their sleeve in the semi! Vamos Pumas!

Jimbuna
10-03-07, 08:32 AM
England v Argentina Final....reminds me of not that many years back :hmm:

TarJak
10-05-07, 06:29 AM
Hopefully with less water and sheep though! Mind you if the All Blacks are playing who knows???:lol:

Uber Gruber
10-05-07, 10:23 AM
I'd just like to point out that England are the Rugby World Champions, and have been for the last four years. :rock:

Phew...glad I got that of my chest before they go and make a complete hash of it tomorrow. :damn:

Jimbuna
10-05-07, 01:16 PM
I'd just like to point out that England are the Rugby World Champions, and have been for the last four years. :rock:

Phew...glad I got that of my chest before they go and make a complete hash of it tomorrow. :damn:

TarJak
10-06-07, 07:58 AM
Game on! Australia v England. Go Gold!:arrgh!:

Jimbuna
10-06-07, 09:40 AM
60 mins gone and the cons trail 10-12 :p

badhat17
10-06-07, 09:43 AM
Just coming in over the wire from Reuters we hear the news that the recent drought across Australia has been ended by floods of tears now falling in a huge deluge over the entire continent.

:sunny: :sunny:

TarJak
10-06-07, 09:54 AM
Bugger!:cry:

Jimbuna
10-06-07, 09:54 AM
Aus 10 - 12 England :rock:

The English Lion roared and TJ over at The Lair has gone to bed :cry: :zzz:
:rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:

:()1: :()1: :()1: :()1: :()1:

Uber Gruber
10-06-07, 11:10 AM
There'll always be an England. Land of Hope......AND GLORY!!!!

God save the queen mum, gawd bless 'er, she won the bloody war she did, all on her own 'n all!

Tie me kangaroo down sport, tie me kangeroo down...SHAG A WALLABIE!

:()1::()1::()1:

(Err....sorry :doh:)

kiwi_2005
10-06-07, 02:07 PM

:rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:

:()1: :()1: :()1: :()1: :()1:

OMG Aussie lost.:o

oh well, good game England.

Jimbuna
10-06-07, 02:49 PM

:rotfl: :rotfl:

:()1: :()1: :()1: :()1:

I can't help thinking we've just made it that little bit easier for their sheep worrying cousins :hmm:

:p

darius359au
10-06-07, 06:25 PM

:rotfl: :rotfl:

:()1::()1:

I can't help thinking we've just made it that little bit easier for their sheep worrying cousins :hmm:

:p
EEEEErrrrrrr....Not really - France beat the Kiwi's 20-18 :o:o

TarJak
10-06-07, 06:28 PM
Well the sheep are definately worried now with the All Blacks on their way home as well!

Well done to France! Vive le Bleu!:up:

Sets up a tasty semi final between the old enemies.

kiwi_2005
10-06-07, 11:29 PM
Joke:
Whats the difference between the All Blacks and a Tea bag.... A Tea Bag can stay in a Cup longer...:oops:

Farking France thats the farking second time they farking did that to us those farking snail eaters!!!! :damn: :cry:
:)

Go! South Africa or England! :up:

...and france. :shifty:

Von Tonner
10-07-07, 12:59 AM
I am shocked at the loses of Australia and the All Blacks:o. It's got me worried for our up coming game against Fiji. Could there be a third upset waiting in the wings? I hope not.

darius359au
10-07-07, 01:48 AM
Hows this for the Final with the way things are going - England Vs Scotland or France Vs Fiji :o

Von Tonner
10-07-07, 02:05 AM
"South African Breweries calms beer-lovers fears
Oct 05 2007 08:06 PM
Johannesburg - Rugby fans can heave a sigh of relief ahead of this Sunday's World Cup quarter-final as there is no critical shortage of one of the sport's most popular accompaniments, beer."

Ok, that's one hurdle overcome, now bring on Fiji:D

Jimbuna
10-07-07, 07:48 AM
Well....TBH, I reckon England and France have already had they're world cup finals no matter what happens from now on :yep:

Von Tonner
10-07-07, 09:57 AM
Phew.....at 20/20 I could see our Cup dreams going down the toilet. Fiji played out of their socks and it took sheer Bok tenacity, grit and determination to get to close at SA 37: Fiji 20.

kiwi_2005
10-07-07, 10:04 AM
Yeah it was a good game. :up:

Marcantilan
10-07-07, 05:09 PM
Wow, I´m right now at the edge of a heart attack! Argentina 19 -Scotland 13.

Again, Vamos Pumas!

bookworm_020
10-07-07, 06:38 PM
How about a England v Argentina final??

Now where can a find a sniper to take out Johnny Wilkinson!:nope:

(Now sealing myself into a bomb proof bunker to await the reply!)

bookworm_020
10-08-07, 12:22 AM
The fallout has already hit New Zealand

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/news/reconditioned-outfit-rotated-parts-full-of-choke/2007/10/08/1191695792187.html

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Sports/Rugby-league/Other/auction-121642960.htm

kiwi_2005
10-08-07, 12:29 AM
The fallout has already hit New Zealand

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/news/reconditioned-outfit-rotated-parts-full-of-choke/2007/10/08/1191695792187.html

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Sports/Rugby-league/Other/auction-121642960.htm

Yeah diehard fans losing it.:roll: I think our coach was sacked as well, I dont blame Graham Henry hes a great coach they should of kept him who the hell am they going to replace him with? The All Blacks just weren't good enough on the day.

TarJak
10-08-07, 01:45 AM
That's a cruel line "belts and shoelaces".:nope:

Jimbuna
10-08-07, 02:39 AM
How about a England v Argentina final??

Now where can a find a sniper to take out Johnny Wilkinson!:nope:

(Now sealing myself into a bomb proof bunker to await the reply!)

#68 ;) :up:

Uber Gruber
10-08-07, 08:20 AM
What a weekend, especially for the Northern Hemisphere. Now that we've seen the back of those upstarts from down under we can finally start to concentrate on "real" rugby. The next big clash will be between the World Champions..ENGLAND..and some cheese eating surrender monkeys, I forget the name of their team, Les Blubs or something. Anyway, it will be an interesting clash, expect lots of up front forward action (I SAY!) as England crushes the Blubs pack, followed by some fiesty counter attacks with balls seized from fumbling errors (oooh...err...Missus).

The home side will of course be rallied on by their supporters, but then again, remember Agincourt! 100 Year War. Trafalga.

Expect to see the Les Blubs spending their remaining days on Isle St Helena at the expense of the UK taxpayer...typical!

Bon, je me casse maitenant...bon chance!:arrgh!:

Jimbuna
10-08-07, 12:35 PM
OMG :o ....after all that I only hope the outcome is what your hoping for :hmm:

;)

Uber Gruber
10-08-07, 06:11 PM
Je caresse l'esperance!

TarJak
10-08-07, 10:41 PM
That's a very confident call for a team that has scored 11 tries this tournament compared to France's 26.:hmm:

Uber Gruber
10-09-07, 07:55 AM
Very true sir, in the same vein I believe the Wobblies scored 31 tries....and look where it got them!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::doh:

TarJak
10-10-07, 07:30 AM
Very true sir, in the same vein I believe the Wobblies scored 31 tries....and look where it got them!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::doh:

Very true sometimes the better team does not win.:88) Not that the yellow peril deserved to with a performance like last weekends.

Uber Gruber
10-10-07, 08:05 AM
Okay, i've had my bit of "banter" fun...now for some seriousness.

I think its going to be a very tight game in all honesty. The English Pack are stronger than the French but only by a small margin. Where they might dominate is on the breakdown. The French can't afford to give away penalties like they did in the 1990's, and they dont anymore. It has taken a change in refereeing from the club level up and 10 years but the French no longer chuck away needless points as they once did....which is good for them because Jonno would make them pay dearly.

The English weakness is ball handling, any spoilt balls will be scooped up by the French and used wisely. They are experts at breaking through small chinks in the opposing team's defence....so England will have to check its handling and maintain a very very tight defense. Not easy for any team.

I imagine the first 20 minutes will be a kicking game, each probing the other's defense and testing the full backs. Then it will become teritorial with each team trying to keep the ball in the other's half. I imagine a few penalties will come out of the first half hour, perhapps 1 or 2 each. Expect a bit of madness in the last ten mins as both teams try to reap phsycological score advantage before half time.

After that its anyone's guess....overall though England will play their classic forwards game, the French may revert to their classic open back play and thus we'll see two opposing sets of tactics....which tactic will win will depend on whether yer bread falls butter side up or butter side down.

:|\\

Jimbuna
10-10-07, 12:43 PM
Good job it's not post.....we all know which side that always falls on :p

kiwi_2005
10-11-07, 01:12 AM
England one word - Wilkinson.

To have a sure chance of winning against England Wilkinson has to be taken out early in the game. Not the best advice some will say thats dirty play man, but hey this is the world cup were talking about, sacrifices must be made :D :oops:Otherwise England's got a very good chance of winning the WC.

Hakahura
10-11-07, 03:34 AM
ENGLAND !

goldorak
10-11-07, 06:44 AM
FRANCE !!!

Uber Gruber
10-11-07, 07:32 AM
PORTSMOUTH!!!!!.....err, sorry, wrong topic, but same colours:up:

Jimbuna
10-11-07, 12:22 PM
PORTSMOUTH!!!!!.....err, sorry, wrong topic, but same colours:up:

Uber Gruber
10-12-07, 08:32 AM
Well its pre match day here in the NORTHERN HEMISPHERE, the natural home of world class rugby. So here's some history:

It is claimed that Web Ellis "invented" rugby by picking up the ball during a football match at Rugby School, in Rugby...near Coventry...place that got bombed a lot during WWII...etc.

However, during my years in the land of the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys I discovered that the French were playing a game called "La Soule" between villages from the 13th Centurary

Two neighbouring villages face off in the middle of a field whilst the parish Priest would hurl a straw-stuffed pig's bladder into the air. The objective was to sieze the "ball" and carry it to the door of the team's village church.There were no rules, much akin to the way Les blues play today, and some villages would even go out the night before and dig ditches for their adversaries to fall into.

So, did Web Ellis really invent rugby, or were the French there first.....well lets have a look at what's written on the side of the World Cup...hang on....here it is....WEB ELLIS! Oh, it also says New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Australia and, well, ENGLAND.....but nope, no mention of France whatsoever.....let me check the base....MADE IN TAIWAN.....nope, no mention of the French....sorry! :rotfl:

And now a little bit of history for our American friends (cough) over the pond. Rugby took off quite well after the Civil War. However, the violent physical challenge that the game demanded, caused many serious injuries and deaths in the next few years. As a result, though still gaining popularity, it was banned in many colleges. In 1905, under a directive from President Theodore Roosevelt, Yale, Harvard and Princeton setup a couple of meetings between schools and formed a seven member Rules Committee which was later came to be known as National Collegiate Athletic Association, or the NCAA.

So you see, American Football is a gentler, softer and more pink 'n fluffy version of Rugby.

Right, time to duck....quack quack!
:arrgh!:

Jimbuna
10-12-07, 02:49 PM
Your starting to get me worried now :hmm:

I'll be in my shelter tomorrow night,. Give me a shout.........IF WE WIN :lol:

TarJak
10-13-07, 03:01 PM
Well well, Half time France 6 England 5. Looks like a very closely fought defensive game so far. 2nd half promised to be heartbreaking for whoever comes out as the loser.

TarJak
10-13-07, 03:46 PM
England Win 14-9! France joins Australia and NZ in Club Disappointment.

Jimbuna
10-13-07, 03:47 PM
VIVA LA L'ANGLETERRE :rock: :up:

Uber Gruber
10-14-07, 01:17 PM
What a match huh?!!! I felt sorry for France to be honest, as host nations and all that but England played the better game...sure it wasn't the flowing rugby that people like to see but it was effective...n'est-ce-pas ?

But i'm not here to gloat...I just want to say that France lost with honour and took it very well. Its very refreshing to see a team lose and take it on the chin......other teams should take note.

Right....now for Argentina Vs South Africa...the boks should take it but those pumas have been very canny this year. Given the way this World Cup is going I would not at all be suprised if it became an England V Argentina final......and we've all moved on since the Falklands and the "Hand of God"...haven't we ?

Jimbuna
10-14-07, 04:33 PM
England v South Africa it is....those Springboks are looking mighty formidable :hmm:

bookworm_020
10-14-07, 09:20 PM
This could be interseting. England will be hopeing that Johnny Wilkinson can get them home, but the springboks will be hoping to knee cap him early in the game.

England has the underdog tag, but have managed to overcome all at the moment. South Africa will be almost unbackable to win, but could they fall at the last hurdle???:hmm:

kiwi_2005
10-14-07, 10:20 PM
England v South Africa. Its going to be a tough rough em up game. :yep: I think if the springboks dont give away any penaltys they'll be okay.

Von Tonner
10-15-07, 04:53 AM
Gee, how things have changed on the poll results.
In the begining only two people gave the Boks a chance at winning the cup, myself and someone else. In the quaterfinals we got another vote of confidance and now we are at 6.:D

From the Boks point of view England is just the side they would have wanted to meet in the final after clubbing them 36/0. This has got to be a huge psychological advantage to the Boks. And yes, Wilkinson was not in that game but neither was Schalk Burger who is now back in the pack of SA which will put pressure on Wilkinson and hopefully keep him out of range. At the end of the day the Boks are a much more rounded side. In fact it is the most experienced Bok side in history with over 600 caps among them. A realy talented side which by all accounts should take the cup this weekend.

GO, BOKKE, GO!!!:up:

TarJak
10-15-07, 05:40 AM
Only 3 days of voting left...

Uber Gruber
10-15-07, 07:48 AM
I hear you Von Toner, I hear you. The 36 - 0 result is indeed a psychological advantage. But that game changed it for England and we've seen them get better and better since then. Both teams have huge ammounts of experience to draw opon and it will indeed be bloody in the scrums. I think if we can stop your #10 linking with the backs then we should be able to force SA into our style of forward game. They can be hot headed, SA, and Jonnie will certainly cash in on any SA frustration.

If they do manage to link with their backs then we're gonna need to defend very well. Jason is probably the only bloke who can catch your #11, and even then only with a head start.

So, will our forwards be able to dictate the game or will your forwards remain disciplined and recycle ball for your backs to storm our blessed red 'n white walls ?
My money if on SA to become a bunch of thugs and England to win on penalties...and a blinder of a drop goal just to rub it in :up:

Jimbuna
10-15-07, 09:50 AM
I hear you Von Toner, I hear you. The 36 - 0 result is indeed a psychological advantage. But that game changed it for England and we've seen them get better and better since then. Both teams have huge ammounts of experience to draw opon and it will indeed be bloody in the scrums. I think if we can stop your #10 linking with the backs then we should be able to force SA into our style of forward game. They can be hot headed, SA, and Jonnie will certainly cash in on any SA frustration.

If they do manage to link with their backs then we're gonna need to defend very well. Jason is probably the only bloke who can catch your #11, and even then only with a head start.

So, will our forwards be able to dictate the game or will your forwards remain disciplined and recycle ball for your backs to storm our blessed red 'n white walls ?
My money if on SA to become a bunch of thugs and England to win on penalties...and a blinder of a drop goal just to rub it in :up:

I can live with that :up:

Uber Gruber
10-15-07, 09:54 AM

But just to make sure I popped into every denominal church on the way to work this morning and am now prostrating to Mecca :lol:

Jimbuna
10-15-07, 10:03 AM

But just to make sure I popped into every denominal church on the way to work this morning and am now prostrating to Mecca :lol:

Just checked the poll there and it's currently 6 - 6. I wonder how the score will look at the end ? :hmm:

Uber Gruber
10-15-07, 12:07 PM
I demand a recount.....mmmmm, now there's an idea :hmm:

Hakahura
10-17-07, 01:00 PM
ENGLAND

Jimbuna
10-17-07, 03:28 PM
8 - 7 and looking good :up:

Uber Gruber
10-18-07, 07:26 AM
I think we can hold them in the scrum, not sure about the mauls though. They have one of the best lineout combinations in the world...but we only lost 4 lineouts in the two matches against Australia and France so we should be able to hold our own.

They have a great kicker, we have a great kicker, their kicker has better stats than ours at the moment but....ours is called Johnie :up:

If we can just keep the ball from going past their number 12 then we could be really in for a chance. If it does get to their 12 it will also get to their 11 and he is damn fast. But, we have Tait and Robinson who will target him agressively.

Yep, I think its all going to go down to a battel between each side's 10 and 12 positions. Should be interesting, we're definately the underdogs but given their performances against Fiji and Argentina....well, I think we might just be keeping hold of that cup for another four years.

And then America will decide they've made a complete mess of the place since Independance and cede sovereignty back to Mrs Elizabeth Windsor. Africa, India and Pakistan will follow suit.....and the world will be pink again! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hakahura
10-19-07, 10:21 AM
Flame prevention bump

Jimbuna
10-19-07, 02:23 PM
Flame prevention bump

You appear to have pride of place in my OE on EVERY post :damn:

TarJak
10-20-07, 03:20 AM
Tonight's the night! Ingerland versus Seth Efrika! May the best team win.:arrgh!:

kiwi_2005
10-20-07, 04:27 AM
Tonight's the night! Engerland versus Seth Efrika! May the best team win.:arrgh!:

:yep:

Jimbuna
10-20-07, 06:58 AM
Tonight's the night! Ingerland versus Seth Efrika! May the best team win.:arrgh!:

I'd rather England won :lol:

Uber Gruber
10-20-07, 09:10 AM
I'd rather England won :lol:

LMHO :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Von Tonner
10-20-07, 11:40 AM
I must tell you the tension is mounting in SA. Restaurants, pubs, hotels, etc, etc, are all showing flags and offering specials for tonight. The town that I stay in is having a huge screen erected on the beach front - bring your own food and booze, police will be in attendance:yep: Familys are having braais, biltong and beer sales have reached new highs. A friend of mine sold a rugby ball signed by Jack White and about half the team for R1,000 (150 US$).

Obviously I hope SA win, but I also hope for a clean game and whatever team wins it is on merit and not a bad referee decision, a intercepted pass, a penalty or a lucky drop goal that is the decider. The better team on the park hopefully will win.

Is that then SA's name I see on the cup for the second time:lol:

Go Bokke Go

Jimbuna
10-20-07, 04:16 PM
Gotta admit the best team on the night won :yep:

Well done ya basums :up:

;)

Huskalar
10-20-07, 05:52 PM
Congratulations, Springboks. :up:

lesrae
10-20-07, 05:55 PM
Well done South Africa, a well deserved win :()1:

TarJak
10-20-07, 06:58 PM
Well that wraps up the RWC for another 4 years. Well done South Africa, they certainly played a better game although both sides defensive games were awesome. To be honest I would have preferred a more free flowing game with at least one try, however you've got to play the game you have to play to win and the English team seemed not to have the game that was going to make that happen for them.

See you all in another 4 years!

kiwi_2005
10-20-07, 08:59 PM
Yeah well done Springboks.:up:

Revive this thread in 4 yrs time.:)

Jimbuna
10-21-07, 05:52 AM
Yeah well done Springboks.:up:

Revive this thread in 4 yrs time.:)

LOL :lol:

You might just be right ;)

bookworm_020
10-21-07, 09:22 PM
At least I'll be able to look my English brother in law in the eye!:up:

Well done the Spring boks

Jimbuna
10-22-07, 06:00 AM

....and I bet your saying that publicly in your local bar :lol:

bookworm_020
10-22-07, 08:30 PM

I'd dobut that, I do not frequant my local pub, It's not the pub you would want to be in!

Jimbuna
10-23-07, 04:12 AM

I'd dobut that, I do not frequant my local pub, It's not the pub you would want to be in!

Not full of Springboks I hope? :p

Von Tonner
10-24-07, 03:58 AM

For sure, and here is the menu:D
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa130/shazavaar/cartoon.jpg

Jimbuna
10-24-07, 04:10 AM

Oh, the luxury that victory brings :lol:

bookworm_020
10-24-07, 10:10 PM

No, just what dole payments, VB and years of inbreading have brought about!:doh:

TarJak
10-25-07, 06:26 AM
http://www.stateart.com.au/images6/060524_lord_of_the_flies_160.jpgA bit like this then?

(http://www.stateart.com.au/images6/060524_lord_of_the_flies_160.jpg)

Jimbuna
10-25-07, 12:03 PM
:roll: ........................:lol:

bookworm_020
10-25-07, 06:15 PM
:-?Close, but with a beer gut and a mullet:up:

TarJak
10-26-07, 02:19 AM
Looks like chucking out time!

http://www.webwombat.com.au/entertainment/humour/images/185midget.jpg

Jimbuna
10-27-07, 10:48 AM