PDA

View Full Version : Pulling for Fossett....

Enigma
09-05-07, 01:23 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/04/fossett.missing/index.html

I've been a quiet fan of the man for a time. My heart sank when i read that he was missing. Being that I live in NV, it's difficult to not head over to the airport and start my own damn search and rescue mission! But, I remain optimistic. Where he was flying there is alot of open barren land, and lots of places to put an airplane down and walk away from it. It wouldnt be out of the realm of possibilty to think he just hadn't been able to walk to occupied areas yet. However, some terrain in the area is the exact opposite. Fossetts a stubborn old dog, and I like the idea that he's sleeping under the wings of his wounded plane tonite waiting for his ride to show up. It's windy out there tonite. But it's warm.
The aircraft he was flying and the aircraft I fly are also the same make and model, and I know them to be great dependable and tough aircraft. Im keeping hope alive for one of my heros tonite. Hope ya'll will do the same.....

Chock
09-05-07, 01:31 AM
Also being flyer, I never like to hear this kind of thing. Let's hope he's put it down in a field somewhere.

:D Chock

Camaero
09-05-07, 01:33 AM
I saw he was missing this morning. Hope the guy makes it. It doesn't really look good though...

Jimbuna
09-05-07, 04:54 AM
Fingers crossed....he is quite popular in the UK.....possibly because of his relationship with Richard Branson. :up: