PDA

View Full Version : REd Baron Free Download Sierra Site

XabbaRus
09-03-07, 03:29 PM
German Sierra site is allowing free download of Red Baron which can be upgraded to Red Baron 3d

http://www.sierra.com/de/home/games/game_info.tab-infotab.prod-L2NvbnRlbnQvc2llcnJhL2RlL3Byb2R1Y3RzL3JlZF9iYXJvbl 8zZA%3d%3d.platform-global.html

This will give you the German version

To get 98% Englsih get these taken from SimHQ forum

2 , Then download and add to the install of RB2 that is now on your C drive
The RB3D super patch exe in English, this will now give your RB2 and
Upgrade to RB3D and in 98 % English,
Download RB3D upgrade;.
ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/sierra/redbaron3d/updates/
Note you will also need the 1078 patch that is there at the end of this install,

3 , Download the RB3D fix from Flybert’s website here;
http://redbaronplayers.net/multiplay2.htm
And add that to your now RB3D game, this will make your RB3D game up
To a full RB3D CD value also read what is said at the page when you
Download this.

4 , now install the 1078 patch that you have downloaded from step 2,
This is so you will see the servers.

Now you will have on your C drive a full RB3D compatible with RB3D CD
And at this point you can add any other RB enhancements to your game.

XabbaRus
09-04-07, 10:51 AM
Bump
No one interested in this?

SUBMAN1
09-04-07, 01:57 PM
I miss Red Baron 3D. I miss flyng along the train tracks, and blowing up nice juicy trains! The engines go with a bang! :D

I never did get it to look good on XP though. I do have an older PIII 700, SBLive!, GeForce 3, 10 GB HD, and a tank of a board (440 BX chipset) sitting in the closet. I can probably load Win98SE on it and get that game rolling once more!

-S

Skybird
09-04-07, 02:49 PM
Xabba, I posted that link shortly after you (not realising you did before me). the interest was so high that they deleted it immediately! :)

Officerpuppy
09-05-07, 10:50 PM
I remember playing the orginal RB years ago, boy this post brings back memories.:yep:

d@rk51d3
09-05-07, 11:47 PM
Downloading now.

Cheers Guys.:rock:

Officerpuppy
09-06-07, 11:36 AM
Getting the game to work is a bit of a headache:shifty:
I've followed the instructions but the superpatch overwrites the exe and it says I need the CD, i tried copying the old exe over it and it just comes up messed up. Plus the colors are messed up.

d@rk51d3
09-06-07, 05:49 PM
Getting the game to work is a bit of a headache:shifty:
I've followed the instructions but the superpatch overwrites the exe and it says I need the CD, i tried copying the old exe over it and it just comes up messed up. Plus the colors are messed up.

uninstall, then re install. When it asks for the cd, click the top right "maltese cross" 6 times, and "Hey, Presto!" the game will start.

Apparently it also works better if you do the "full install":up:

Officerpuppy
09-06-07, 07:35 PM
I was looking at one of those websites and it showed a new game called Knights of Europe, but when I looked it up online it said it was cancelled, that's too bad.:-?