PDA

View Full Version : Is China a Terrorist?

swifty
09-01-07, 11:34 AM
OK it seems like every week there is another toy recall, this week Toys'R'Us recalled tainted paint. So why is it that so far it has only been children's toy and adult products have not been tainted? Is China trying to attack our kids with lead poising. This would be similar to the Roman Empire downfall with the upper class and rulers going crazy due to drinking from lead pipes and dishes. Is adding led to toys a terrorist act on American kids?

If it is an attack how should the US respond?

List China as a terrorist state. Restrict US travel?
Boycott the Olympics?
Place a tariff on ALL products from China to pay for product testing?

Swede
09-01-07, 11:42 AM
i get where your coming from but they way you say it is just way off

Rose
09-01-07, 11:56 AM
Yes. The entire country of China is a terrorist.

joea
09-01-07, 12:07 PM
Yes. The entire country of China is a terrorist.

Yes the whole world is a terrorist. :roll:

Don't agree with Tibet, nor with what happened in 1989, 1967 (Cultural Revolution) or the worst the Great Leap Forward, but still a list a lot shorter than many other countries...and they did a lot less to their neighbours.

I am concerned with the rapid growth...am a bit sad that the bicycle traffic jams of 30 years ago have been replaced by autos and all the pollution that causes but they are not alone in messing things up that way.

Penelope_Grey
09-01-07, 12:09 PM
What makes you think China, being pretty much a superpower themselves, would waste the time, or resources to attack you via toys!? My god...

Oh no seriously I can see it now.... Small Soldiers 2.... LOL armies of Evil Chinese toys are invading us oh no!! Whatever shall we do!?:rotfl: Quick, we'll put tarriffs on them!

:lol:

Heibges
09-01-07, 12:13 PM
We should take a long hard look at all the products coming from former or present day communist and/or second/third world countries.

DeepIron
09-01-07, 12:18 PM
Why in the world would they want to propagate terrorist acts against the US? We're one of the biggest buyers of Chinese goods in the world. Just got to Wally World and look around... :nope:

Have you had your drinking water checked for lead? Or your home/apartment for asbestos, or Radon? Still happens right here in the US dude... :cry:

Skybird
09-01-07, 12:23 PM
Äh - you mean more war on terror then? Get the MIRVs ready, we open a new route above the pole.

Heibges
09-01-07, 12:24 PM
But in the First World, there are strong consumer protections and generally accepted practices that can identify these situations, and prevent them from happening in the future.

Chinese kids are probably playing with toys made from similiar material.

Rose
09-01-07, 12:27 PM
I say we launch a full fledged counter-attack to teach them a lesson. No holds barred, go all out with everything in our arsenal. That'll teach them to tinker with toys. :rotfl:

Swede
09-01-07, 01:30 PM
how about america sell them radioactive gi joes!

but they are probably made in china to begin with...

antikristuseke
09-01-07, 02:26 PM
OK it seems like every week there is another toy recall, this week Toys'R'Us recalled tainted paint. So why is it that so far it has only been children's toy and adult products have not been tainted? Is China trying to attack our kids with lead poising. This would be similar to the Roman Empire downfall with the upper class and rulers going crazy due to drinking from lead pipes and dishes. Is adding led to toys a terrorist act on American kids?

Boycott the Olympics?

Are you THAT paranoid or are you trying to make a joke i dont find funny?

AntEater
09-01-07, 05:00 PM
It is so funny that the american right always has to think in terms of warfare.
"War on Drugs", "War on Terrorism" and now "War on lead painted toys"?
What's next?
Since they assume covert warfare so readily, does that mean every disaster caused by any US owned company actually WAS an attack on the country where it happened?
Does that mean MacDonalds is the US waging biological warfare on the rest of the world??
Also, that means the US of A is the perpetrator of the most hideous, most effective cyber warfare attack on the world ever devised.
One that cripples thousands of operating systems and costs immense amounts of money: Microsoft.
:huh::o:damn::roll:

joea
09-01-07, 06:19 PM
Does that mean MacDonalds is the US waging biological warfare on the rest of the world??
Also, that means the US of A is the perpetrator of the most hideous, most effective cyber warfare attack on the world ever devised.
One that cripples thousands of operating systems and costs immense amounts of money: Microsoft.

Victim of the Hamburgler...and Bill Gates. :rotfl:

kiwi_2005
09-01-07, 10:08 PM

Boycott the Olympics?

Its a worldwide thing, they aren't just sending dodgy toys to the USA :) We get them too, kids toys coated in lead paint. Cheap and nasty.

moose1am
09-02-07, 05:12 AM
Why in the world would they want to propagate terrorist acts against the US? We're one of the biggest buyers of Chinese goods in the world. Just got to Wally World and look around... :nope:

Have you had your drinking water checked for lead? Or your home/apartment for asbestos, or Radon? Still happens right here in the US dude... :cry:

Well Said and So Very True. Many companies manufacture paint with lead it the pigments still to this day. Not all of them are Chinese.

But then again the US Companies are not putting poison in the dog food just all kids of other animal parts that could not be consumed by humans legally. LOL

We need to watch out for any large country who's population exceeds 1.3 billion people and who's demand for natural resources such as lumber, oil, minerals and others is increasing day by day.

We need to be more concerned with the new generation of diesel/fuel cell power units in these new smaller ocean going submarines that Germany is selling to third world countries.

If we do go to war with China someday in the future or with Iran for that matter we have to worry about what happens to the USA when the shells, missiles and torpedoes start flying though the air and water.

Our nuclear powered vessels are going to spill out radiation like there is no tomorrow when they get hit by a nuclear tipped missile or torpedo. Even a conventional armed missile or torpedo will open up a nuclear reactor and spill radiation into the worlds ocean.

Can you imagine the world's oceans if each sub or ship or plane that was sunk, shot down or blown up during WWII had nuclear material aboard them? God help us all if we go to war, even a conventional WWII type war would be disastrous.

Lots of people get their food from the worlds oceans. Fish and shellfish are eaten by a lot of the worlds people. Imagine the cancer rates after the war was over. The radiation spilled into the oceans from all these ships would contaminate the marine life for the next 1000 years or more. Those that survived the direct effects of the war would surely be exposed to the indirect effects over time.

China is not a terrorist state, nor more than GE is or ALCOA. All companies are there to make a profit. And if they cut corners to increase their revenue and stock dividends and to save a few bucks on pollution control cost are they now a terrorist company?

The term terrorist could be changed to the term "bad guys" easily.

We had home grown terrorists. The Ted Kazinskies of the world and McVeys of the USA.

I think that the word "terrorist" is being over used. It's the boogie man of the 21 st century that's being thrown around to help increase the amount of domestic spying by our government. We should not be so deceived as to who the bad guys really are.

For example we have 15 people from Saudi Arabia and a few from Yemen attack the WTC on 9/11 and now we are occupying Iraq which had nothing to do with the attacks on 911.

Saddam was anti Bin Ladin not pro Bin Ladin. Saddam was a Sunni Muslim and more interested in controlling his country and it's oil than attacking the USA.

We were the ones that attacked him not the other way around. Now we were justified in the world's eye and mine when we drove him out of Kuwait. That was a just war against Iraq.

But we had Iraq surrounded and contained and without loosing a lot of American Soldiers, Naval Personal or Air Force Guys. Now we have gone directly into the heart of Iraq and thrown this country into CHAOS. And now Bush is trying to make everyone think that Iraq are the Terrorist as we occupy their lands with our security forces. Who's the real attacker and who are the attackies? Was this not their land ever since the last crusade. By their I am talking about the Muslims not just the WWII imposed Iraq boarders.

If someone came to this country and occupied us I am sure that I would be a freedom fighter and that the occupying country would call me a terrorist.

Our founding fathers were considered terrorist or bad guys in they eyes of King George of England.

The say that Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. So it may be said that the "terrorists" is also in the eyes of the beholder.

I guess it all depends on which side of the fence you sit on.

What I don't like is that we are pussy footing around in Iraq instead of just getting the damn job done. We want the damn oil so lets get in there and just steal it. If we have to kill a few terrorist or Iraqis that get in our way so be it. If we have to torture a few more Muslims to get to the identities of who set up the IED then do that.

But when you go to war the idea is to kill the enemy and not get your own people killed. We seem to be getting more of our guys killed and maimed than the enemy. That's what bothers me the most about this stupid war.

We drove right into the middle of Iraq and now we have 100,000 of our guys surrounded by millions of the enemy. And the bad part is that we can't really tell who is our friend over there and who is the foe. That's the trouble with fighting a insurrection. The British found this out the hard way too. They eventually gave the USA it's Independence.

If the Oil Producing Countries keep raising the price of oil then I would be willing to take them all out. I would much rather see the USA develop alternative fuels or power sources than stay dependent on oil from overseas. We can't rally control that oil without using excessive force. And China and Russia will have something to say about that. They are interested in the oil also. There is only so much oil to go around and everyone's life depends on the oil. The prices are not going to go back down .

Japan attacked the British/USA when we cut them off from their dutch east Indies oil supplies. We really declared war on Japan when we did this and we knew that they would react violently as they had no other choice other than to go back to the stone age.

The Avon Lady
09-03-07, 01:09 AM
Now they've gone too far (http://www.reuters.com/news/video?videoId=65153&videoChannel=4)!!!! :arrgh!:

I shouldn't have been in mid-breakfast when clicking on this. :nope:

Happy Times
09-03-07, 04:55 AM
It is so funny that the american right always has to think in terms of warfare.
"War on Drugs", "War on Terrorism" and now "War on lead painted toys"?
What's next?
Since they assume covert warfare so readily, does that mean every disaster caused by any US owned company actually WAS an attack on the country where it happened?

I admit, that was funny.:rotfl:

Lafferty
09-03-07, 11:36 AM
Now they've gone too far (http://www.reuters.com/news/video?videoId=65153&videoChannel=4)!!!! :arrgh!:

I shouldn't have been in mid-breakfast when clicking on this. :nope:

Thats always nice isn't it.