PDA

View Full Version : Has This Ever happened to you ?

Captain_AJ
08-31-07, 09:26 AM
Iam on my third patrol, {actually my 10th, but with a new Sub}.I got a report that a enemy convoy was in the area of the marianas . were I have been heading too raid Saipan Harbor , also To Too Honsyu . I tracked and Intercepted the convoy . It was a small convoy . I got myself into postion and notice that it was 3 destroyers and a old time freighter , with a Old european liner . They Were South speed 12 knots and closing . than all of the sudden . they changed course to Sw . I had been sitting Underwater listining to my sonor gramerphone man . I notice the course change and made an Adjustment. I rasied my periscope and noticed that they were 3500 yards away . I wanted the old european liner . I shot 2 torps , one 2 degress too port and 1 dead on . Needless to say the one torp hit the liner . I went too the external view and saw the one torp hit just aft of the mid-section . I broke off the attack and dived below the thermal layer , i80 degress from my heading . I belived the one torpedo wasnt enough too sink the liner . But Too my amasement I got the message , that she was sunk , there was no icon of a ship sunk . it seems that in previous patrols the same thing occurs . I get credit for the sinking ship but no icons on the map . Is this a mystery ??

Has this happend to you ??

SteamWake
08-31-07, 09:37 AM
Well keep in mind that alot of those 'messages' are just color text and not tied to an in game event.

The fact that you found a small convoy is probably pure coincidence.

At least you got some credit. It used to be that you had to visually confirm the sinking to get credit. Kind of awkward when being persicuted by a gaggle of DD's.

mookiemookie
08-31-07, 09:50 AM
Yes it has happened to me. I didn't worry much about it, as I still got the tonnage credit.