PDA

View Full Version : Graphical issues ATI vs. Nvidia

Misfit138
08-31-07, 04:38 AM
Ok, so now that I've changed my graphics card from ATI to Nvidia, I've been able to test these certain graphical issues in Silent Hunter 4. All in all it seems like there's actually a problem with the Silent Hunter 4 game engine itself. Not so much with the drivers

There has been some talk about missing sun glare with ATI card but you can also experience this with Nvidia card if you set the AA mode too high. What makes this interesting is that with ATI card, you could have that sun glare for few seconds after you alt tabbed into desktop and then back into the game. The same applies with Nvidia cards when you've set the AA mode too high

Another thing is the shimmering. You can experience this with both ATI and Nvidia just as bad too. The difference just seems to be that with Nvidia AA modes you can reduce the amount of shimmering quite easily and very effectly while I cannot say the same when using ATI card. With my X1950XT 256Mb I just couldn't do anything to reduce the amount of shimmering