PDA

View Full Version : SH3 Commander

joegrundman
08-29-07, 07:14 PM
I've reinstalled Sh3 and this time made a second install so that i have GWX running in a separate folder.

Does anyone know how to adapt one's SH3 commander GWX version to point to the new GWX folder?

I'd rather not reinstall it if possible because of all the files I've dumped in it, but if needs be, then of course i'll do it.

thx

irish1958
08-29-07, 08:47 PM
This is covered in the SH3CMDR readme.
Also if you search multiple installs in SHIII and SHIII mods, there are many threads on this subject.

joegrundman
08-29-07, 09:45 PM
thx

Jimbuna
08-30-07, 04:14 AM
SH3 Commander & Multiple Installs

It is recommended to have a separate install of Commander for each different install of SH3.
1)Install SH3Commander and rename the program folder to suit.
2)Rename each SH3Cmdr shortcut as required.
3)You will need to use the l: switch to point SH3Cmdr to the right installation.

Here's an example of the l: switch for dual installs, just tailor it to fit.....

Right click on the SH3Cmdr shortcut & choose properties.

Target
"C:\Program Files\SH3 Commander-GWX\SH3Cmdr.exe" /l:"C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent HunterIII-GWX"

Start in
"C:\Program Files\SH3 Commander-GWX"

joegrundman
08-30-07, 05:43 AM
Thank you Jimbuna :up:

You da man! That's exactly what I was looking for, up until now, fruitlessly :D

Jimbuna
08-30-07, 05:58 AM
Yer welcome sir :up:

joegrundman
08-31-07, 06:32 AM
For future reference, the changes implemented using the I/ switch do not take effect until after the PC has been restarted.

joe

Jimbuna
08-31-07, 07:00 AM
That's right :yep:

Lafferty
08-31-07, 07:18 AM
Well now when i reinstall Commander i have all the info right here thanks.

ReallyDedPoet
08-31-07, 07:21 AM
Well now when i reinstall Commander i have all the info right here thanks.

Commander is a great program :up:

RDP

JScones
08-31-07, 09:05 AM
For future reference, the changes implemented using the I/ switch do not take effect until after the PC has been restarted.
Huh? It's a Windows Shortcut - changes are instantaneous and will be reflected in SH3Cmdr the very next time you double click the shortcut.

PS: It's l as in lima not I as in indigo. ;)

joegrundman
08-31-07, 09:53 AM
l not I, yes, that's what i meant. As for the restart, well, i thought it strange too, but that's how it worked out. Until i restarted, SH3 commander would not point to the new folder. In fact I was about to post asking for help. But then I figured i'd restart first and since then it's worked just fine, no further work needed. (I remembered the same thing happening with a similar procedure with a Total War mod once upon a time)

I noticed in my searches that quite a few people reported failure to enable this feature and i wonder if this could be the reason why.

Great program by the way :)

Jimbuna
08-31-07, 10:37 AM
Noticed the same at my end after a recent reinstall Jaesen....after one reboot everything was fine :yep:

I coulda swore the very first time I carried out the same operation the reboot wasn't needed though :hmm: