PDA

View Full Version : A friend of mine lost his daughter.

Packerton
08-28-07, 09:33 PM
http://www.vocm.com/news-info.asp?id=22925

Hes broken, I cant believe it he hasent said a word since it happened.

I still dont understand how it happened though, the guy on the bike was from what Ive heard an experienced driver who never took chances and was always careful.

Monica Lewinsky
08-28-07, 09:53 PM
://www.vocm.com/news-info.asp?id=22925 (http://www.vocm.com/news-info.asp?id=22925)
the guy on the bike was from what Ive heard an experienced driver

Article says the driver was >15< years old and your laws said the driver has to be at least 16 years old. Where did he/she get "experienced" to be allowed to drive an ATV without a license? AND WHERE were the parents ... sleeping it off?

Just asking... seems like young kids without proper supervision from the PARENTS? The kid is somewhat responsible. But the parents are MORE RESPONSIBLE for this sad story. Too many kids get off Scott Free from dead beat parents that live in all societies saying my little Johnny or liitle Jane can not be held responsible. - Baloney!

I am DEEPLY sorry to read about your friends loss of his daughter. Very sad, indeed. But.....

bookworm_020
08-28-07, 10:06 PM
The was an article in The Economist about ATV's and the high death and injury rate from accidents they were involved in. It's still a sad to loose a child so young. my thoughts are with your friend.

Spruence M
08-28-07, 10:14 PM
:cry: I am sorry for your friends loss. :cry:

Packerton
08-28-07, 11:24 PM
The Article is wrong, the driver was actually 17 years old and had a lisence to use it.

sunvalleyslim
08-29-07, 01:42 PM
Packerton,
This falls under the "accidents" happen. As we all know a 17 ear old isn't what we would call experienced. He may have been licensed and versed in riding an ATV, but he basically failed to estimate how fast the vehicle on the road was traveling towards him. You say he doesn't take chances, so I would assume he was not experienced enough to estimate vehicle speeds. This could have happened if he was making a left turn in front of a vehicle and misjudged the speed of the oncoming car.
Maybe if he hadn't "crossed the road" with an off road vehicle it wouldn't have happened. But there will always be what ifs.......It was your friends daughters time to go. albiet to young an age. We do not get to pick our death or time it is to happen in these cases. That's why we all need to cherish each day to the fullest. Your friend has to remember the things he loved about her and cherish them. Hopefully he has other children and remembers to take care of them,and enjoy them while they grow....

August
08-29-07, 01:53 PM
ATV's by and large are single person vehicles.

Jimbuna
08-29-07, 04:01 PM
A terrible tragedy...and so young :nope:

Sailor Steve
08-29-07, 05:22 PM
Parents aren't supposed to lose children, even though it happens all the time.

I have two daughters - I know how I'd feel.

Penelope_Grey
08-29-07, 06:35 PM
Packerton that is dreadful news, your friend must be in pieces. Time is a healer and all that crap... its going to take a long long time though. I hope her family can somehow get to a place where they need to be to carry on their own lives.

I don't know what else to say on the subject further, except she will be looked after where she now is, that I am rock solid certain on.

Lafferty
08-29-07, 09:30 PM
I'm sorry to hear that

Rilder
08-30-07, 12:53 AM
Sorry to hear about the loss.

Heh even though I've been riding atvs since I was 14-15 without any Liscense, but only on our property and never on roads... Still got hurt a couple times.

1st time, thought a tree branch was high enough to go under and smacked my head into it, had a helmet on though
2nd time din't see a log in the way and threw myself off, no injuries though.
3rd time hit the break to hard and flew off the side and broke my arm. :p
Almost 4th time, hit another log but didn't fall off or anything just shook me up a bit.