PDA

View Full Version : New captain in dock

Mikey_Wolf
08-28-07, 02:37 PM
Hello all!

Just thought I'd finally take the plunge and join up at SubSim. I just thought I would introduce myself a little. I am Mikey and I think perhaps the most obvious thing would be to right now hold my hand up and confess that I am Penelope_Grey's long suffering older brother. I have seen she is quite in the thick of things here so I'm going to allow her to be my tour guide till I find my feet a bit. I'm sure Penelope won't mind. :shifty: Maybe you noticed the connection in our usernames? I thought it was clever anyway the playon our usernames. My sister is a very special person and I hope you all have been looking after her well.:) Even though the rotten cow has been hogging our one and only computer for weeks and weeks she owes me big time. I'm lucky Ive found the 10 mins needed to register here!

Anyhow - the main thing that brings me to SubSim is the chance to finally get to meet the Grey Wolves team and the other modders around these parts who have made so much great content for a game very close to my heart in Silent Hunter III. Also Penelope thought it would be a good idea I came along, as she reckons I am rater good at offering gameplay tips and the like. Not sure what I could offer to the people here but well I'll do what I can. :)

Right, SH3, now for me SH3 was like a dream come true, I have always loved submarines since I was a child so for me, SH3 was a dream game and I can't believe it took me as long as it did to find SH3. Before I discovered SH3 the only games I bothered with were Star Wars games, sports games and Shootemups. What else? Well, I've tried my hand at first playing 1.0 SH3 plain. Then discovered patch 1.4 so was then on 1.4 I had a brief stint with RUB, followed by NYGM but had to ditch them as they led me to tear my hair out, bit above and beyond me they was.

My first foray with supermods with any real dedication was Grey Wolves 1.1a and I had a brief stint playing that, but soon ditched that, even though there I actually took a fair amount of time to play with the damage model of it to try and edit it into something closer to what stock used. Though I heard over on the ubi forum that GWX was on the way so got rather excited about that and thus I ditched GW 1.1a going back to stock, mistake on my part. Round about the time of GWX 1.1 Penelope started to dabble somehwat with my game.

So cutting a long story short I trained her how to play it and she began playing stock game, eventually joining me when she put GWX onto her install and we have been a wolfpack ever since. Have we ever faced off against each other? Not yet, but it is high on our to do lists let me tell you. :)

Anyhow I best get myself finished as her time slot on the PC is coming up fast, she has more slots than me, because she is lazier than I am, or a better negotiator or her need is just simply greater who knows!:yep::lol:

Thanks all.

papa_smurf
08-28-07, 02:41 PM
Welcome Aboard:up:

Let me be the first to welcome you to this "sane" motley crew, and hope to hear more from you.

:()1:

madmike81
08-28-07, 02:48 PM
Welcome!!

GoldenRivet
08-28-07, 02:58 PM
welcome aboard Mikey.

danlisa
08-28-07, 03:02 PM
Welcome Mikey.:up:

So you're to blame for Pen giving us cubs such a hard time.:p

<ouch, Pen stop hitting me>

...confess that I am Penelope_Grey's long suffering older brother...

I can believe that.:rotfl: :rotfl:

<Ouch, Pen:stare: >

Enjoy your stay, enjoy GWX and most of all have fun.:D

nikbear
08-28-07, 03:19 PM
Welcome aboard Mikey:up: ,ask your sis if her fave flavour of Ice cream is vanilla;)

danurve
08-28-07, 03:31 PM
Greetings Mikey_Wolf; when you mentioned "..something closer to what stock used."
You mean Vanilla SH3? :hmm:

edit DOH! nikbear beat me to it.

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
08-28-07, 03:32 PM
welcome aboard in the nest of addicted kaleun's :arrgh!:

you got different sorts of kaleun's though

you got:
modders (GWX team, WAC team,etc)
cocky (Balz's kind)
normal (mostly everyone)
real addicted (they are kinda always here)
nutheads who do surfaced attacks (me a long while ago)
and newbie's who get a lot of help ;)

and soon the newbie's get in one of the other categorie's and make the comunity a lot wierder :rotfl:

not sure wich category pen is... but i hope she will give you some more time on the pc ;)

Mush Martin
08-28-07, 03:35 PM
Welcome aboard ! Nice to make your acquaintance I understand
your into WWI L Class Submarines you may want to take a look
at the imperial flotilla

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=178

Welcome aboard Mikey :up::up:

MM

Penelope_Grey
08-28-07, 03:54 PM
Hello you wrgi... Make sure you keep your trap shut about any embarassing things ok... goody. :up:

Mush Martin
08-28-07, 03:57 PM
Well that would be no fun at all PG.:cool:

Come on Mikey Spill the Beans about her first time
driving a sub or something.:hmm:

Jimbuna
08-28-07, 04:03 PM
Welcome aboard Mikey Wolf.....you have a special sister there :yep: Take good care of her...I'm on TS with her right now and have told her to let me know if you give her any problems when she starts negotiating more 'slots' :lol: :up:

Hope you enjoy your stay :arrgh!:

Kpt. Lehmann
08-28-07, 04:41 PM
Welcome aboard mate. Its good to see you. :arrgh!:

Lafferty
08-28-07, 04:42 PM
welcome

Brag
08-28-07, 04:47 PM
The greetz for you, Mickey. Too bad Balz is on patrol and can't welcome you. Not to worry, soon enough he'll tell you who the greatest submariner on earth is.
Welcome aboard! :D

Packerton
08-28-07, 04:57 PM
Welcome aboard Mikey :arrgh!:

Enjoy your Stay

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
08-28-07, 05:01 PM
The greetz for you, Mickey. Too bad Balz is on patrol and can't welcome you. Not to worry, soon enough he'll tell you who the greatest submariner on earth is.
Welcome aboard! :D

:shifty: il never get a fan of that cocky ass

Sailor Steve
08-28-07, 05:02 PM
"Very special person" = "Rotten cow".

Sounds like a brother to me.:rotfl:

Welcome aboard, Mr. Wolf!:sunny:

JU_88
08-28-07, 05:06 PM
Hello you wrgi... Make sure you keep your trap shut about any embarassing things ok... goody. :up:

Spill the beans Mike - give us some dirt on your sister!! :rotfl:

Seriously welcome to forums mate - some of us have actually heard about you before. :p

TarJak
08-28-07, 05:47 PM
Wilkommen zum Subsim Herr Kaleun Mikey!

Your sister has had only good things to say about you so I think you are quite a lucky brother. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Gute Jagd!

Mikey_Wolf
08-28-07, 06:00 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes! Ok, right, I shall remember I am new here and say a little something reply to each of you so bear with me, I'm not usually this verbal this is a one off I assure you as I am new here from here on I will revert to real life form a serious of grunts and shrugs. :)

to papa_smurf, madmike, packerton, Sailor Steve, Brag or Balz, lafferty, tarjak, and Goldenrivet let me say thanks for your welcome. Much appreciated. :D

danlisa, thanks for the welcome and if you're telling me about how forceful Penelope can be, trust me I know. That's all I'm going to say because sooner or later I have to log off. As for GWX I am enjoying and much like all the others here I am sat with baited breath waiting for 1.4 to hit the servers.

nikbear danurve - guys you can all SH3 out of box game whatever you like, doesn't bother me. I'm not going to ask her because I like having a full set of teeth.
by the way: -

Penny; nikbear and danurve said the V word.

Ok moving along.:rotfl:

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr: thanks again for the welcome but, I'll pass on putting people in groups, I take as I find. If you're a good guy, thats all I need to know. Oh and if you ever see me in a multiplayer game - I'm no newbie. ;)

Mush Martin thanks, and yes, I am indeed interested with WW1 too. I have always been particularly interested in the story of E11 going up the Dardinels. I always thought that story gave Prien and U-47 a run for its money. :)

Jimbuna:
you are very right, she is a special person, and all jokes aside, I would feel very lost without her. I'm also very understanding of her needs I like to think so she can have all the time she requires. :up:

Kpt. Lehmann, the man himself. First I want to say thanks to you for taking the time to embark on the trail for GWX I am very grateful yourself and of course your team (the developers and testers), went on the route you have, and I am glad for the opportunity to thank you in person for what you and all your associates have done for SH3. I doubt anybody is going to forget it in a hurry, and GWX will provide people I think with a lot more talking points than just out the box game can. I wish you and your friends all the very best with 1.04 and any future projects that you may have.

Also, this is just me reminiscing here a bit, but I remember the night GWX 1.1 came online, my god, I was there downloading it like crazy I didn't see bed till 3am downloading it all. It really was a memorable night for me anyway.

JU_88, don't know what dirt I could give, well she smokes cigars which a lot of my mates think is gross, but a rare one or two finds it 'cool'. Her and our dad are afficandos or whatever the correct terminology is. Thankfully she only has 2 a week compared to his every other day. She stopped for a little bit but succumbed recently how dare she. Another snippet she has a secret tattoo which mum and dad are oblivious to. But I have said enough there.:oops: I'm already toast for what I've said thus far.:lol:

Shelton
08-28-07, 06:31 PM
How are both of you going to be commanding a UBOAT on one computer? LOL

Shelton.

Mikey_Wolf
08-28-07, 06:40 PM
Simple, we take turns. Or, she uses that new fangled laptop of hers. We need wireless internet in here really would make life a LOT easier for both of us.

sunvalleyslim
08-28-07, 08:03 PM
Welcome aboard Mikey Wolf,
Enjoy you're time here amongest the Kaleuns. They will bring you along to become one of the greatest Kapts. Hey I taught Herr Kapt Balz all he knows.........

Good Hunting Kapt
Kapt Willi Luck U-39

Lzs von swe
08-29-07, 04:02 AM
Hey, welcome Mikey:up:

I do not have a sister to compete with for PC time, but I do have a wife (doing work related stuff) and an 15 year old son...
But today I only had to drive the truck for some 4 hours and will have the comp. for myself the next 6 hours:rock: Now, what should I play:hmm: :hmm:
Did I hear someone say GWX?! :rotfl:

Spruence M
08-29-07, 11:37 AM
:up: Welcome to subsim.

Sailor Steve
08-29-07, 05:08 PM
She stopped for a little bit but succumbed recently how dare she.
That's dirt! I don't recall hearing her mention this little lapse of fortitude. But then I'm old and miss a lot.

Another snippet she has a secret tattoo which mum and dad are oblivious to.
Oh reeeaaaalllly?:ahoy:

Penelope_Grey
08-30-07, 05:23 AM
Oh you...you unspeakable insult!

Go ahead brother, laugh, amuse yourself, but there will be a day of retribution.

Jimbuna
08-30-07, 05:46 AM
Come on then Pen....where is the rose or the butterfly or the little red devil situated ?
You may as well tell before you get interrogated on TS :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Venatore
08-30-07, 06:07 AM
Hello and welcome,

I wonder how many members of Subsim have another member that is related to them either by blood, marriage etc ?

In my case Shepelly is my brother-inlaw, he was my best mate when I first joined the Army.......then I met his sister :o then before I knew it my best mate was related to me :doh: ......:()1:I've told Shepelly if he touches my sister I'll court-martial him :arrgh!:

I hope you enjoy your time here :up:

Ven. :cool:

Kpt. Lehmann
08-30-07, 07:29 AM
Well, regarding the bit about cigars... my favorite TV personality smokes cigars.:|\\

Ummm Pen, you never mentioned the tattoo that I can remember.

Methinks you have some 'splainin' to do later LOL!:arrgh!:

In all seriousness, Mike... Pen is an awesome person, and I'm willing to bet good money that you two are much alike.

...and just to put both of you on the spot even further... She's had a lot of good things to say about you.:yep:

joea
08-30-07, 08:32 AM
Hey Big Brother is here!! Welcome aboard buddy! :rock:

Mikey_Wolf
08-30-07, 12:55 PM
Thanks, I have to say Im really impressed with the community here how welcoming and friendly you all are.

Oh now this interrogation sounds promising, I still have the use of my legs from earlier (just about), so I may well sneak in when you are on that TS catch some of this interrogation.:lol:

Well Kpt. L, I think there are a lot of stark similarities between us, we've spent a hell of a lot of time relying on each other, in our own ways I suppose you realise this anyway. I think the truth is we are interdependant to a degree.

I too have always had good things to say about her, the door swings both ways, even though she hogs the PC!! Greedy cow.:rotfl:

Well venatore, when I saw the numbers of people here I did think there could be more than just me and Penny related, but, well, looks like we are unique to a large extent.

Hakahura
08-30-07, 01:30 PM
Welcome aboard.:up:

Penelope_Grey
09-01-07, 12:27 PM
AH bet you thought this dropped off my radar didn't you!?

WRONG!!

Well yes, I have a tattoo and have been smoking again, but, what about your secret, yes that's right, my in his early 20's brother....

Is a...

BRYLCREEM BOY!!!

What do you have to say to that you blasted 50's throwback!?:arrgh!:

IrischKapitan
09-01-07, 03:19 PM

WRONG!!

Well yes, I have a tattoo and have been smoking again, but, what about your secret, yes that's right, my in his early 20's brother....

Is a...

BRYLCREEM BOY!!!

So I use brylcreem (well the gel anyway)? What is wrong with it? Far better than dax wax (would'nt touch that stuff with a ten foot barge pole)................

Jimbuna
09-01-07, 03:39 PM

WRONG!!

Is a...

BRYLCREEM BOY!!!

ALLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRMMMMMMM !!!!! :rotfl:

Shelton
09-03-07, 05:28 AM
Has the new captain come back from patrol yet ? :roll:

Lafferty
09-03-07, 11:20 AM
Hope so

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
09-03-07, 06:36 PM
we recieved no reports of him for a while
and he's not seen in dock either

MIA ? KIA ? :hmm:

Lafferty
09-03-07, 09:24 PM
I am not sure. Should we wait another day or so before we notify there families.

Mikey_Wolf
09-04-07, 04:48 AM
:lol:

Very funny!

actually there are three very good reasons why I am not here much.

number 1:
My sisters need for the PC at present is far greater than mine own.

number 2:
I am working a part time job in my mothers business making deliveries and driving the van

number 3:
I recently rediscovered Grey Wolves 1.1a, so I have been having a bit of fun with that playing the complete GW before the complete GWX. :)

Shelton
09-04-07, 05:48 AM
LoL - thank God your not lying in the middle of the atlantic in eternal voyage - and good luck with Grey Wolves!

Dowly
09-04-07, 05:59 AM
Dang, how did I miss this? :doh:

Welcome aboard, Mikey! :up: