PDA

View Full Version : Gül finally president

Skybird
08-28-07, 11:02 AM
After months of confrontation and conflict, Turkey's islamist Gül has been elected as president of the secular state of Turkey.

earlier this year, his nomination and failed election success in parliament led to a governmental crisis which saw the Islamist party AKP pushing for early elections, in which it gathered 47% of the votes. due to the 10% hurdle in Turkey and some characteristics of Turkey's system, this 47% relative majority led to a comfortable absolute majority of seats in parliament. Islamist leader of the AKP Erdogan promised to seek compromise and avoiding confrontation back then - and pushed on with insisting controversial Gül being elected as president, as if no crisis ever had happened about that man. after having lost the first two elections again the last week, this time a simple majorty was the lowered criterion to make Gül president. All in all the AKP allowed four runs of it's candidate to become president, which says a lot more about it's true democratic understanding than all the lip-confessions brussel is so eager to get served by the AKP government.

Getting an Islamist as president is important for the AKP, because he can function as a motor and authority to change the constitution and delete the military's unwelcomed status as guardian of the secular constitution which has kicked four governments out of office so far, and threatened to overthrow the AKP govenment as well. This role needs to be reduced in order to successfully lead Turkey back into a status of a non-secular, truly Islamic country.

that the secular elites allowed to become guilty of corruption in recent decades did not helpt them to stop islamism when it became a strong factor again after the kemalist prohibition.

Turkey will move further towards Islam, and I wonder if this time the EU finally will recognize that democracy in Turkey does not work in the favour of wellmeant european ambitions, but is abused to enforce full anti-democratic Islam again without the opposition and europe being able to make legal arguments about the Islamization not being the result of "democracy". Islam makes very clever use of democracy as a toll to fulfill islamic agendas.

In past weeks, the Turkish government has openly encouraged turkish colonists in Germany to go to the courts about changes in the immigration laws that make it obilgatory for Turkish peopole moving here that they speak at least 200 words (just damn 200 words!!!!!) of German. It is declared as racist, since this is not demanded from non-Muslim newcomers. That non-Muslim newcomers also do not pose that many problems and attempts to change germany, like the Turks and other muslim immigrants are attempting in an effort to keep separate and enforce muslim values onto German societies and laws, is comfortably ignored. German courts being under siege by Muslim request, has become a very severe problem over here, and has begun to change and influence jurisdiction in favour of Sharia in special, and Muslim interest in general. Also, there is massive attempt by turkey to get influence in the public education system and allow turkish children not to be forced to integrate, and remain fully Turkish instead. This interference is that massive since years that in my opinion this meddling alone is a good reason to cool down relations and increase the diplomatic distance between germany and Turkey.

By all these measures, Turkey tries, in the end, nothing less than to change the German state. And this is where they have stepped beyond the line, at the latest.

Knowing some secular Turkish and kurdish detectives and people from the ME here, I must say that all in all they agree with my opinion on this thing. Consider that as well as the huge mass protests in Turkey before calling me a Turkophobe or Islamophobe again. Let's not forget that here are also some "Muslims" who come to Germany in order to escape Islam in their home countries -and what they must see is that their new home voluntarily leans more and more towards Islam, and accepts to obey more and more of it's demands. Not easy for them to understand or accept this sneaking capitulation.