PDA

View Full Version : Bomb, bomb bomb ... bomb, bomb Iran says Sarkozy

geetrue
08-27-07, 04:56 PM
Sarkozy says Iran is cruising for a bombing ...

Perhaps his trip to Maine to see President Bush paid off ...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2337190.ece

waste gate
08-27-07, 05:04 PM
He's not of French blood is he?

P_Funk
08-27-07, 05:11 PM
Oh yea cause bombing Iran would really avoid more Islam v. West hate.

All that bombing Iran would do is deflate any internal dissent from the people and throw them inevitably behind their leadership because unlike the Colonel in Full Metal Jacket said, there is not an American inside every Iranian fighting to get out.

Skybird
08-27-07, 05:15 PM
He has offered French nuclear tech around the Arab world by now.

As I said some weeks earlier on the Lybia issue: I had high expectations of him, but by his nuke and weapons deal with Lybia concluded that I overestimated him. I don't trust him anynmore, and very much are done with him.

I had a wrong percpetion of the importance he puts onto winning the Mediterannean states in an alliance dominated by France. I also think that this is the reason why he opposes Turkey in the EU, it is no principle thing, but would weaken his ambitions to make france leader of the pack in the Mediterranean. For that, he wants Turkey in the France-dominanted Club Med and not in the EU - where France' demands for influence are put into relation.

i can only warn America to put its trust into this man. don't make the same mistake I did. Me - only consequence is a damaged ego that needs to admit it was wrong. america: long term damage and fallout from misled strategic perceptions with regard to France.

Never forget that he may be hyper-active as much as he wants, but not America and not Europe is on top of his list - but France, and France alone, and always, and forever, and if needed at the cost of "allies" and "friends".

This lesson I have learned and assimilated. He will never blind me a second time.

waste gate
08-27-07, 05:25 PM
As the president of France shouldn't he look out for France first?

POTUS policy should be to look out for the US first.

Skybird
08-27-07, 06:26 PM
He was and is seen in europe as being in favour of strengthening europe, and helping to stand against Turkey and Islam etc.

But these are tools for him only, I conclude. If it is good for France's role he would sell all Europe to Turkey, no doubt.

serving one's nations' interest is one thing. The level too which you accept to do that at the cost of others, alliances, or higher international goals - that is something different.

Selling Lybia modern Milan ATGMs worth half a billion, financing their health service reconstruction with French taxes, and giving them nuclear technology, as well as offering nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia and indicating that willingess to other ME and arab nations as well - I criticise America for such policies. I criticice European nations for delivering wepaons to the ME, and financing ME terror organizations. - I attack France for similiar things as well, then. but with that nuclear component, they just step beyond the line, and in a giant leap they do so.

Iran and SA are Shia's and Sunni's major countries. If both of them get armed nuclearly, that will become fatal. The spreading of nuclear weapons in the ME and Muhammedan sphere, by paving the road with civilian nuke tech, must be prevented at all costs. The balance of terror worked during the cold war, because both sides were cool-calculating reasonbale actors - but during Cuba, we simply were lucky, nothing else,l for it was out of control. I am hesitent to think such reason and cool temperament can be assumed present in the region's most religious and dogmatic nations there are. A cuba-crisis here will lead to hot war, for sure. Also, europe and america will be totally helpless against islam owning the OPEC and nuclear weapons as well.

VonHammer
08-27-07, 10:37 PM
POTUS policy should be to look out for the US first.

i belive your right on that. for one thing securing the borders. and getting on Chinas a$$ about what theryre putting in the products they ship over here.

as for france, i wouldnt seem to be to threatend by there military. history shows that in most wars France either ended up losing or we had to bail them out.

just my two cents

CCIP
08-27-07, 11:09 PM
as for france, i wouldnt seem to be to threatend by there military. history shows that in most wars France either ended up losing or we had to bail them out.

http://www.militaryfactory.com/battles/french_military_victories.asp

Victories: 101 | Draws: 10 | Defeats: 48
Someone knows their history :roll:

(if someone could find a link, there's a similar list of wars. The French generally had an above-average military performance over the course of history. Not that I don't like a French Defeatist joke every once in a while, but pleeeease, at least indicate it's a joke or something!)

VonHammer
08-27-07, 11:33 PM
now that was a joke btw. but i did notice that was for indivdual battles. i ment actual wars. you maay win a battle but you still could lose the war.

Happy Times
08-28-07, 01:01 AM

http://www.militaryfactory.com/battles/french_military_victories.asp

Victories: 101 | Draws: 10 | Defeats: 48
Someone knows their history :roll:

(if someone could find a link, there's a similar list of wars. The French generally had an above-average military performance over the course of history. Not that I don't like a French Defeatist joke every once in a while, but pleeeease, at least indicate it's a joke or something!)

I also dont understand the French bashing, especially from Americans that got a lot of help from France in their War of Independence.

The Avon Lady
08-28-07, 01:25 AM
I also dont understand the French bashing, especially from Americans that got a lot of help from France in their War of Independence.
Times have changed.

So has France. So has the US. So has..........................

Back on topic, talk is cheap.
Oh yea cause bombing Iran would really avoid more Islam v. West hate.
To abuse a quote by Neville Chamberlain, “This is a faraway country of which we know little.”

Actually, there wasn't much abuse there.

kiwi_2005
08-28-07, 01:34 AM
Whos that actor that put out the infamous quote:hmm:

"French are Nazis in suits"

The Avon Lady
08-28-07, 01:37 AM

"French are Nazis in suits"
Google is your friend (http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q=%22french+are+nazis+in+suits%22). :yep:

kiwi_2005
08-28-07, 01:52 AM

"French are Nazis in suits" Google is your friend (http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q=%22french+are+nazis+in+suits%22). :yep:

Harvey Kietel:up:

Hell google brought up kiwi_2005, scared the hell outta me!

*makes mental note, careful what i type online for now on!* :shifty:

Skybird
08-28-07, 04:27 AM
Boy, what a turnaround monkey Sarko is: from today's Deutsche Welle:

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,2754247,00.html

"In his first fundamental foreignpolitical speech on Europe, France' president Sarkozy declared his support for a strong europe and offered to no longer block the negotiations for membership of Turkey with the EU."

He wants a new gremium introduced, a "club of sages", that should think about the future of europe instead.

Before elections, he said exactly the complete and total opposite: "Turkey is not europe, it does not belong to the european culture, is not compatible with european cultural standards, and shall have no seat in Europe". -

That is a full 180° turn, then.

Beside that, in the article he is quoted with referring to an increasing of the security council and seats for Germany, Brazil, Japan, a strengthening of the NATO by revitalizing it, and greater transparency and regulation of internaional financial markets (with regard to the mortage crisis in the US and the international turbulences that are projected to become even worse in 2008).