PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Cargo frustrations(damage model)

08-27-07, 03:29 PM
Hello,
U53, 9th patrol, BF15. Heavy storm and seas. 2 eels left.
A Passenger Cargo comes into view <500m. Went to PD and fired off both remaining torpedoes, both hit and I was even aiming at the forward part of the vessel. Darned thing would NOT SINK!:damn:
Stayed on the surface to hopefully view it's demise, and used the time compression to speed up the process. Anyway, after about 5 hours the cargo was still afloat and what to my wondering eyes should appear... a Tribal class beating down on me at <500m. Crash dived but to no avail, I was practically dead before I hit PD, then the wasserbomben. Well that's it for me!
I know this has been posted here before, but I really wish that there could be something done with the damage model for passenger Cargo ships.
With GWX1.04 on the horizon, I am wondering if there can be anything done about it's long sinking times.
I think for now, I'll let the P. Cargo ships go by, I mean for around 2000 tons and a ridiculous sinking time, it's just not worth it.
Thanks for listening to my gripe, and if there is anything that could be done, a big thank you! :yep:

nikbear
08-27-07, 03:39 PM
I've mentioned it loads of times,they are the work of the devil and not worth bothering with:nope: I live in hope of them being fixed in GWX1.04;) :up: you never know;)

08-27-07, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the input. From now on they are "off limits" unless the seas are good enough to use the deck gun, then I'll just blast the heck out of it and I surely hope I get that opportunity. :x GRRRRRR!

Passenger Cargo= Devil's Cruise liner

nikbear
08-27-07, 04:03 PM
"Passenger Cargo= Devil's Cruise liner":rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I like that,sums them up perfectly:up:

HW3
08-27-07, 04:06 PM
I sink them regularly with 2 torps in GWX 1.03. One in the engine room and one in either the front or rear cargo hold set at 3m impact.

Brag
08-27-07, 04:33 PM
I sink them regularly with 2 torps in GWX 1.03. One in the engine room and one in either the front or rear cargo hold set at 3m impact.

Yup, they will sink when hit like that (most of the time). A waste of torpedoes for the tonnage. I just wave the buggers bye, bye.

Jimbuna
08-27-07, 04:42 PM
You'll just have to wait and see....or improve your aim ;)

joegrundman
08-27-07, 07:47 PM
i find that a lot of the smalls don't react to a bow shot in the same way as the heavies. i find aiming for the centre the best policy with the smaller ships