PDA

View Full Version : The race is on for best console, Sony, XBox, Nintendo

geetrue
08-24-07, 09:03 AM
The gaming industry is set to surpass the 18 billion dollar mark

http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Gaming_Industry_Set_to_Surpass_18_Billion_in_ 2007_07995.html

NPD Group, which has just released its estimates for the month of July in the US and Canada, predicts that sales of gaming hardware and software will reach $18 billion by the end of 2007.

Sales for July in the US:

Wii console units sold ... 425,000

XBox 360 units sold ... 170,000

Sony PS3 units sold ... 159,000

Skybird
08-24-07, 09:33 AM
An EA representative for Germany said during the Games Convention in Leipzig that at EA they expect the PS3 to make the race in the long run. I agree. There have also been many headlines about XBOx equipment having techniucal problems, braking easily, and even burning. that is true for the box itself, and for accessoirs, like their wheel.

Dowly
08-24-07, 09:35 AM
PS3 FTW!! WOOHOOO!!! :rock: :p

SUBMAN1
08-24-07, 09:36 AM
Funny thing is, I kind of want a Wii! :D Probably because I can get all the other games, or most of them at least on my computer anyway, and because that remote thing where you physically have to do something kind of looks entertatining - especially after a couple beers! I'll probably be one of the people who ends up throwing it through my TV set though! :yep:

-S

Skybird
08-24-07, 09:53 AM
Get Virtual Pool 3 then. The mouse is handled like the end of the cue.

After ten years, it still is what I - and so damn many others! - consider to be the best pool simulation out there. It plays perfect, and regular training with it even will improve your real pool playing.

ReallyDedPoet
08-24-07, 10:08 AM
I have 3 kids so I will be getting a Wii, my wife may play then as well :yep:

RDP