PDA

View Full Version : SH4 keeps crashing

Lancey
08-24-07, 12:24 AM
I've had this game installed for about 2 weeks but lately it keeps crashing (stops working).
I receive a message stating "there is a problem with the game it has stoped working. please press close to exit and return to windows".

Could one of these mods i have installed be causing this problem.
Pull down map 1.4
RNL_INT_Periscope_1.3
Better Scope 1.3 worn
Super ship power pack2 (JmJohnson36)
REL_Trigger_Maru_1.5_FULL

I have 1.3 patch installed.

My Specs:
Mobo: Mv2
Cpu: AMD 64x2 5200+
Memory: 3gig DDR2 5300
Video: Nvidia 7600GT 256mb
HardDrive: 250gig SataII
Op Sys: windows Vista Home Premium

Lancey
08-24-07, 03:05 AM
I see Nobody is going to give me any help So you all can stick it up your cake hole.......:p:p:p:p:p:p

Tarl
08-24-07, 03:12 AM
Remove all the mods and see if your game runs stable like I'm assuming it was before the mods. Then, enter one (1) mod at a time and check for gameplay and stability. This should help u isolate the cause of your problem.

ReallyDedPoet
08-24-07, 08:04 AM
I've had this game installed for about 2 weeks but lately it keeps crashing (stops working).
I receive a message stating "there is a problem with the game it has stoped working. please press close to exit and return to windows".

Could one of these mods i have installed be causing this problem.
Pull down map 1.4
RNL_INT_Periscope_1.3
Better Scope 1.3 worn
Super ship power pack2 (JmJohnson36)
REL_Trigger_Maru_1.5_FULL

I have 1.3 patch installed.

I see Nobody is going to give me any help So you all can stick it up your cake hole.......:p:p:p:p:p:p

Your kidding with regards to the Cake Hole comment ^^^^ right :hmm: I am thinking and hoping yes.

As Tarl mentioned, remove all of the mods, then try just installing a few, test, add some more, test. That is the process. Also, when you are installing you will see what mods may overwrite each other as JSGME prompts you with this info. This can give you a good clue to a CTD.

RDP

seafarer
08-24-07, 08:40 AM
Nothing else added running in the background either, right? No new spyware/adware agents, Vista Sidebar turned off, all that sort of thing.

I have webroot spysweeper on my Vista machine, and I know that if I forget to shut it down before launching SH4, I will get a crash, sooner or later (actually, I now just have it off by default, and only fire it up when going online).

STEED
08-24-07, 09:01 AM
Save the game every ten minutes.

frazer
08-27-07, 02:41 AM
I have the same problem with these specs:
Intel E4300 2 Duo @ 2,4
ATI X1950Pro 256mb
2gb DDR2 (800mhz)
500gb SATA
Vista Home Premium

I think I have seen a connection between the crashes and when I'm closing in on land or when looking at a big explosion in 3D-view.

AVGWarhawk
08-27-07, 05:33 AM
When exactly does it CTD? What type of soundcard to you have? Often we find the soundcard can cause issues like this. For example, Fazer states after a big explosion. Perhaps that sound is making the CTD and I recommend reducing the soundcard acceleration.

Captain Cakehole:roll:

Bathrone
08-27-07, 06:50 AM
Yeah good mate. Ask for help on a free and volutanry forum and then abuse people when you dont get it fast enough.

Theres lots of reasons why applications crash and very few people comparitively who can properly diagnose them. Your going to have to run diagnostic and stress tests in a process of elimination. Google it.

ReallyDedPoet
08-27-07, 06:54 AM
When exactly does it CTD? What type of soundcard to you have? Often we find the soundcard can cause issues like this. For example, Fazer states after a big explosion. Perhaps that sound is making the CTD and I recommend reducing the soundcard acceleration.

Captain Cakehole:roll:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

ReallyDedPoet
08-27-07, 07:01 AM
I have the same problem with these specs:
Intel E4300 2 Duo @ 2,4
ATI X1950Pro 256mb
2gb DDR2 (800mhz)
500gb SATA
Vista Home Premium

I think I have seen a connection between the crashes and when I'm closing in on land or when looking at a big explosion in 3D-view.

Welcome to SUBSIM :up: frazer

Check out some threads regarding Vista. I'll have a look to see what I can find.

May be something here:http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119958&highlight=game+crashes

RDP

gymrat57
08-27-07, 04:09 PM
I am running Vista and also some of the Mods are the place to look
I also installed the demo MOH-airbourne and started having trouble
with other games
Removed it and the machine runs better

Try take one Mod out at a time to see what one is the is one quite
playing with the game.