PDA

View Full Version : Gun control in Britain

The Avon Lady
08-23-07, 08:09 AM
I don't think so (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/08/23/nshot323.xml). :nope: :hmm:

Swede
08-23-07, 08:26 AM
guns dont kill people.

mexican immigrants do

Tchocky
08-23-07, 08:33 AM
guns dont kill people.

mexican immigrants do

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=106293

:dead:

lesrae
08-23-07, 10:41 AM
Yeah, it's getting bad, but then so is knife crime and general violence. A lot of it seems to be related to inner-city gang violence.

jumpy
08-23-07, 11:53 AM
VCR bill is a ******* joke.

Following Dunblain, there was a knee jerk reaction which resulted in the banning of handguns etc (despite it being an AK47 that michael ryan did most of his killing with - the failure there was the licensing vetting proceedure, not the laws restricting ownership). So now all of the legitimate owners for sporting and target shooting purposes have no sport, whilst the criminals who never gave a **** about the law anyway continue to commit firearms offences.

I'm not into full bore shooting, but I own and shoot airguns, however there are new rules coming into effect restricting the sale of such items (which require no license to own/use) to face to face dealings with a registered firearms dealer... so, my credit card is no longer proof of my age, address or responsibility?

The UK has plenty strict enough laws governing the use of guns of all varieties, but these laws are not used correctly and instead the government has to be seen to be talking tough by introducing new and erroneous laws rather than enforcing the quite adequate rules and regulations we have in existence already.

The result? A lot of ineffective laws and still those who misuse guns get away relatively lightly based on individual merrits of the case.

Some interesting figures here http://www.gun-control-network.org/GF05.htm

Trouble is today no ****** has any respect for anyone else. I've been into shooting since I was a kid, and never once have I been tempted to point a gun at something I was not prepared to shoot :lol: no wait hehe that came out all wrong :smug: you know what I mean... always with the responsible use and respect for firearms and other people and the law. Why is that so difficult for some to follow?

tycho102
08-23-07, 01:10 PM
From time to time, there a huge row over bobbies being issued firearms. I think it was 2003 that some chief got thrown into the mix because there were a couple cops killed in the street, and several hundred residents showed up at the police station to demand "action". It got shut down at the county level, but it was the first time the argument made the news.

"Gun control" is great when you can control your borders and imports. Britain used to be able to do that, and now they're joining the rest of the world. I EXPECT to hear of multiple fistfights breaking out in Parliment over the issue. When I start hearing about kung-fu moves being pulled in the House of Lords, with wigs and hairpins flying in people's eyes, then I'll know the issue is finally being taken serious by Brittons. Until I hear about fistfights, the issue is non-existent.

STEED
08-23-07, 01:24 PM
Trouble is today no ****** has any respect for anyone else.

The family structure is now defined by the liberal PC labour Nanny State, no wonder there is no respect any more as parents are finding it hard to know what is what. Keep your bloody PC Nanny State out of the home.

XabbaRus
08-23-07, 01:48 PM
The problem though is all these guns being used in crimes are unregistered black market weapons so sure making the existing laws tougher will have no effect. If you want a gun in this country I could think of a few places to go where there will be no questions asked.