PDA

View Full Version : Which Base!

nikbear
08-20-07, 09:59 AM
Was with the 7th/13th out of St Naz,D-day had happened and as I was assigned a patrol up near scotland I thought I'd stay in bergen pending my permenant transfer,only problem being each patrol while waiting would be NULL and no choice of torp loadout,fair enough,did 1 patrol,back to bergen,fine,added the spiral rods to my typeVII/C42 in JSGME,fine,started a new patrol and finally got the message"new base trondheim" on the way there got a CTD for some reason,did roll back SH3Cmdr so its not that,so tried again,same thing,tried to use the save before but SH3/GWX is having none of it,in the end had to use the one before that which was done while still on patrol:hmm:not ideal as I've just added the spiral rods periscope mod,but everything seems fine until the loading screen which now tells me my new base is St Nazaire!!!!!:nope::cry:Bugger that I thought and made my way to trondheim,only now when I get there I'm treated as visiting,can't touch my boat or get any torp load out:damn:So where am I supposed to be?St Naz in august44?no way jose:nope:or will my move be made permenant in Trondy soon,I'm totally confused:doh:Or should I go back to bergen and await my move orders:88)H.E.L.P Someone please;)

Jimbuna
08-20-07, 11:43 AM
You seem to be at the 'half way house'....7th/13th Flotilla left St.Nazaire in July 44 and sailed from Trondheim from August44 :hmm: (game/SH3 Commander)

Personally speaking I would do what you did initially, go back to a stable save point and carry out your patrol as ordered, only returning to anywhere other than your starting base if informed via radio transmission mid-patrol.
BTW....even as a visitor to Trondheim you should be able to replenish your fuel and torpedoes :hmm: