PDA

View Full Version : PA won't run..

Nuke EMC(SS)
08-18-07, 03:35 PM
Well, I thought I finally had everything working. Then I tried to load a new campaign. This is what I got as it crashed.

Tue Jan 29 11:46:56 2002
Error -1 [m_boundingBox.m_rXMin < -100000.0f]
DirectX code: "Unrecognized error: 0xffffffff"
F:\Devel\Janus2\Portable\Sources\RNode.cpp
Line 205

Don't know what it means. Guess I give up.

ReallyDedPoet
08-18-07, 03:39 PM
Don't give up, maybe one of the PA lads will see this post, if not PM one of them, Hitman comes to mind.

PA gets the most out of a limited SH2, it is worth any hassle to get it up and
running :yep::up:

RDP

horsa
08-27-07, 07:05 AM
Error -1 [m_boundingBox.m_rXMin < -100000.0f]

I can't be very specific on this one - it's been a long time. I vaguely remember it was a problem with some of the modded model files. ( the bounding box is the info on the model file that defines the bounderies of its "presence" so that collision detection can take place ) . My guess is it doesn't like or can't find one of the models that were part of your new campaign.

One suggestion is to try running with another campaign.

One of the things with PA was it used some models from DC ( mainly Japanese ). If this was not set up properly ( for whatever reason) then it would throw up Janus errors.

Another possibility is it doesn't like running with the K scope - try installing with the standard scope when you are offered options.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

JapLance
08-27-07, 08:05 AM
Did you generate a new campaign before running it?. In PA things work a bit different than in standard SH2 in this aspect.

Nuke EMC(SS)
08-27-07, 08:48 AM
Well all of a sudden it magically started runnng just fine.....:hmm:

ReallyDedPoet
08-27-07, 08:51 AM
Good to hear, enjoy it :yep: Now if you could figure out what you did to get it running :doh:

RDP