PDA

View Full Version : anyone here into Pink Floyd

Capt. Shark Bait
08-16-07, 07:18 AM
and havn't seen these guys before, watch these vids, especially Comfortably Numb:rock: : http://www.notaussiefloyd.com/content/view/80/64/ oct.30 they're at the Agassi(sp) Theater in Boston

ReallyDedPoet
08-16-07, 07:55 AM
There great, would love to see Roger Waters back in the fold though :yep:

Syd Barrett: RIP

RDP

Capt. Shark Bait
08-16-07, 08:08 AM
yeah, but it ain't gonna happen. these guys can be considered sactioned by PF cuz they played David Gilmours 50th bday and he and Rick jammed with them as well. i've seem APF 3 times now and will again when they roll around here. they even have the original PF inflatable pig from the Animals tour way back when:rock: . you really shoud watch the vids, if you havn'e already, RDP

Von Tonner
08-16-07, 08:09 AM
One of my favourite bands - there album "The Dark Side of the Moon" has to be one of the alltime greats. I heard that their song "One more brick in the wall" was in response to the Soweto school rights we had in SA in 1976.

ReallyDedPoet
08-16-07, 08:18 AM
yeah, but it ain't gonna happen. these guys can be considered sactioned by PF cuz they played David Gilmours 50th bday and he and Rick jammed with them as well. i've seem APF 3 times now and will again when they roll around here. they even have the original PF inflatable pig from the Animals tour way back when:rock: . you really shoud watch the vids, if you havn'e already, RDP

I'll check them out :yep:

RDP

StdDev
08-16-07, 08:42 AM

RDP

Roger is still about.. :rock:
I saw him at the Hollywood Bowl last time he played..
Among other things he performed the ENTIRE Dark Side Of The Moon album..
And Nick Mason joined him!!!!
I dont mean to imply that David Gilmour is unnecessary.. its more that Roger Waters is ABSOLUTELY necessary!

AVGWarhawk
08-16-07, 08:44 AM
Many many moons ago.....grew up with this band. Seen them in concert. Momentary Lapse of Reason tour. But yeah, great band. Favorite album is Animals. :rock:

ReallyDedPoet
08-16-07, 08:55 AM

RDP
Roger is still about.. :rock:
I saw him at the Hollywood Bowl last time he played..
Among other things he performed the ENTIRE Dark Side Of The Moon album..
And Nick Mason joined him!!!!
I dont mean to imply that David Gilmour is unnecessary.. its more that Roger Waters is ABSOLUTELY necessary!

He was there in the beginning :yep:, if I ever did get a chance to see them, it would have to be with him there. Not that it will ever happen.

RDP

StdDev
08-16-07, 09:11 AM
He was there in the beginning :yep:, if I ever did get a chance to see them, it would have to be with him there. Not that it will ever happen.

RDP

True.. You most likely will never hear/see "Pink Floyd" with Roger Waters..

I suggest that you listen to some of Rogers "solo" albums (if you havent already!) like Amused to Death, Pros and Cons of Hitch-Hiking, Radio KAOS.. etc.
You will come to understand where that true "Pink Floyd" sound comes from!

ReallyDedPoet
08-16-07, 09:13 AM

RDP
True.. You most likely will never hear/see "Pink Floyd" with Roger Waters..

I suggest that you listen to some of Rogers "solo" albums (if you havent already!) like Amused to Death, Pros and Cons of Hitch-Hiking, Radio KAOS.. etc.
You will come to understand where that true "Pink Floyd" sound comes from!

Thanks, I will check them out :yep:

RDP

SUBMAN1
08-16-07, 10:15 AM
Don't make me get out my vids... They are large - 1.8 GB +

-S

August
08-16-07, 11:45 AM
I used to be but have since moved on...

Iceman
08-17-07, 01:30 AM
Have the entire Animals album on my streaming mp3 list...just forward thru the list until you find the Animals album and enjoy. :)

http://www.cyberallies.com/miscapplications/playlist.m3u

I saw David Gilmore at the Mesa Ampitheater when he was by himself probably almost 20 years ago and it is still the best concert I have ever seen....everyone sitting on the grass...smoking grass...mellow...was beautiful...

Also saw Roger Waters at the Phoenix Coliseum, damn awesome show there too but Gilmores guitar playing is almost hypnotizing...Best band or group of guys ever been in my opinion.

Moved on August? I feel sorry for you if you have given up on these guys. :)

Capt. Shark Bait
08-17-07, 05:30 AM
APF is on PBS again later this month: http://www.pbs.org/tvschedules/tvschedulessearch_results.html?station=WGBH&keywordPBS=Australian+Pink+Floyd&channel=-1

you can get a few MP3s here: http://www.aussiefloyd.com/page.php?page=audio

main APF site: http://www.aussiefloyd.com/page.php?page=main

Camaero
08-18-07, 03:32 AM
the lunatics are in my head...

Tchocky
08-18-07, 07:21 PM
UK alert, David Gilmour is on More4 right now

Iron Budokan
08-18-07, 08:09 PM
I loved PF...until Waters left. But they're still in my top ten even today.

August
08-19-07, 04:52 PM
Moved on August? I feel sorry for you if you have given up on these guys. :)

PF was the music of my youth and we get older our musical tastes tend to broaden. I'm mostly into the blues and jazz nowadays which in itself covers a lot of ground.