PDA

View Full Version : Single Destroyer Sightings - late '40

Shelton
08-14-07, 10:18 PM
Hi all

On my first war patrol and so far I have come across 5 single warship (destroyer) sightings - now is this realistic or not?

I am using Jason's improved convoy mod to decrease the number of merchant sightings but i am seeing alot of warships.

Regards
Shelton.

Brag
08-14-07, 10:49 PM
It depends of where you are! har, harr, harrrf :88)

bookworm_020
08-14-07, 11:03 PM
Have you een sinking ships in a small area? Are you near the end of a convoy route? This could influance the amount of sighting that you've had.

Kpt. Lehmann
08-14-07, 11:27 PM
If you feel you are getting too many contacts... just turn off your map contacts in the "realism" options. Problem solved.

Shelton
08-15-07, 04:53 AM
yes map contacts are off in realism - I was near the AM17 18 19 area - anyway I am heading back to port after a long long trip - came across the Illustrious and got one torp in here out of 4 :-? - last I saw she was listing - must have made it back to port the lucky thing.

All good experience.!
Top game!

xristoskaiti
08-15-07, 05:37 AM
downloads a super mod:p :p :p gwx or nygm or wac or iub

Kpt. Lehmann
08-15-07, 07:00 AM
yes map contacts are off in realism

Smells like you are looking for trouble.

If you don't agree with... or like something or whatever...just change it instead of pooping on other works.

Furthermore, IF you are using GWX and have applied the old improved convoys mod by, you've jacked up your installation. The old improved convoys mod does not have random waypoint changes and therefore makes it "unrealistically easy" to plot intercepts.

danlisa
08-15-07, 07:11 AM
yes map contacts are off in realism
Furthermore, IF you are using GWX and have applied the old improved convoys mod, you've jacked up your installation. The old improved convoys mod does not have random waypoint changes and therefore makes it "unrealistically easy" to plot intercepts.
LMAO - Not only that but the RND (& probably the SCR) layer has been completely overwriten. I'm actually suprised that the game even loads, if he's using GWX.

Shelton
08-16-07, 02:38 AM
i am not using any mods - only the IC one made my Jason which I really like cause it tones down the number of Merchant sightings.
Cheers
Shelton.