PDA

View Full Version : Is this damage a bug: 1.3???

Wulfmann
08-09-07, 09:23 PM
I took a pretty good DCing in a convoy attack and only survived because the depth was only 110 feet so had time to make repairs. However, my dive planes were destroyed.
Everything else was eventually fixed. When I tried to turn the boat it would not change course.
Rudders were fine.
Oddly the boat dove the same but no matter what I tried it would not steer.
Is it possible the dive planes and/or rudders are reversed regarding damage???
That is destroyed dive planes = No steering???
It should effect diving but it does not.
Repair men remained in the control room working long after all was finished, nothing more to fix; days.
I went back and forth until I found a Jap DD and let him sink me so I could see how dying was in SH4.
Big improvement over SH3, IMO

Wulfmann

alunatic
08-09-07, 09:59 PM
I had that problem the other day 2 but I cheated and re-loaded my game and avoided that fight.

Fearless
08-10-07, 12:13 AM
Haven't come across it yet but then I haven't been caught out yet (touch wood) :D

donut
08-10-07, 01:22 AM
Are you sure you still have a rudder,by looking under water,had this on 3 separate boats. DEV humor,was my guess?
Otherwise a feature intended to make you use separate eng.controls both features that got cut short to meet UBI production schedule.

Argus00
08-10-07, 06:49 AM
Hey, at least now in 1.3 you get to keep your rudder. in 1.2 I lost my rudder 3-4 times and had to swim for shore. I guess they fixed the rudder with a touch of superglue. Throw some acetone or paint thinner on your screen and you'll be able to turn your rudder, mate :rock:

Wulfmann
08-10-07, 07:24 AM
At 100% I can not leave the boat.
It states my rudder is fine and my dive planes are destroyed.
I can dive, I can not steer!!!!
I can only guess that might mean when the dive planes are damaged it means the rudder????????????????????????????
It might be the rudder was destroyed but the game mistakenly accesses the dive planes on the screen.
Which begs the question if it says rudders are destroyed what is "really" destroyed.
As in SH3 I take such bugs as bad luck and accept the fate, start a new career.
Many U-Boats and US Boats were lost with no known cause, this was another!

Wulfmann

Hillsy_
08-10-07, 08:34 AM
I remember my rudder was hit by a surface attack - bomber. I noticed I was going about 10 degrees to port all the time, circular motion... So I use the rudder control and manually set it to 10-12 degrees to starboard, this made it possible for me to travel in a straight line and return back to pearl harbour. Maybe my rudder was damaged not destroyed, but I managed to return back to base.

Captain_AJ
08-10-07, 11:27 AM
Recentlly while moving on my too my designated station , in The Phillpines sea . I took the route of going threw the bismarks sea and very close too Rabaul . The Depth under keel was only 98 ft , Not Much to dive on , My batterys were half charged , and I was on the surface . I was looking too get some action in Rabaul harbor .. That was not good , While I was checking something else . Out Nowere . My Radar Didnt seem to pick-up a fast moving target . That Target was 2 Hk8 kawaski flying Boats . Well I took a hit in my engine , destroying the two deseil engines . at least that was the report in the damage page of the game . so my boat sank all the way to 98 feet and landed on the rock bed . The damage control teams repair priorty was too fix the bulkhead . It was fixed within an hour , I than was able too mange 4 knts with the bow @ a 20 degree angle . The flodding stopped . so I surfaced and the boat pumped out the remainning water in the engine compartment , But after the report said "DESEIL ENGINES REPARIED ' there was no engines for the surface . I was dead in the water . I tried too Move that icon in the damge control teams Priority . But it wouldnt take the icon to repair it . So instead . I kept the boat at periscope depth . Until I intercepeted a snall convoy heading into Rabaul Harbor . I was at a perfect angle . I manged too get a shot at 2 of 3 destroyers , gettin the 2 to become dead in the water . I also got a shot On the merchent which turned out to be a troop transport . , That ship didnt get hit so bad , and continued on its way ,

However My batterys were down too 25% and I was only able to manage 2 Knts with ahead full . I was severly attacked by the remainning destroyer . I could not dive fast enough . so I used the crash dive option to dive the boat . Limeted Myself to a depth of 150 feet and than would blow ballast to get the boat at 50 ft too periscope depth . after awile the remainning destroyer gave-up the chase and headed for Rabaul . I than turned my bow towards the remainning destroyers that were dead in the water . It took a aditional 2 torps each to sink each of the destroyers , My batterys depeleted . I was only getting 1 knot at all settings in the engine quadrant . after the the destroyers were sunk . I surfaced and was dead in the water no surface engine power and No batterys :damn: And very close too Rabaul :ping: So again I tried to get the desail engeines repaired . this again was a mute option . this again is after the danage control team reported that the desail engeines were repaierd a few 3 hours ago . Is this a snafu in the game ?

-Pv-
08-12-07, 01:12 PM
From what I have seen in many other discussions on the engine issue in several other threads, once you see the Diesel Engine Drestroyed, messages, any message you get the engines are "repaired" is erroneous. They would have been repaired if they were only damaged. My guess is the destroyed status is making it to the behaviour part of the game engine, but not the Damage Control messages part of the game engine.
-Pv-

FAdmiral
08-12-07, 01:19 PM
Also other threads have reported that when 1 diesel is destroyed, none of the
good ones (sometimes 3) will work either. Even though the game lists 4 engines
of this type, the game code ties them all together as 1 engine which either works
or not. To me this is just being lazy in writing code for all the engines seperately....

JIM