PDA

View Full Version : Underwater plane...

RobertLee
08-07-07, 09:28 AM
So many planes that I don't bother to submerge. I can shoot them all down with twin 20mm anyway. Almost all miss their bombs and none have crashed on me yet. But something interesting happened today..

I shot down a Kate and it went into the water and came out after 20 meter of going underwater. It then went another 100m or so before it crashed. How's that? :P

SteamWake
08-07-07, 09:50 AM
Thats just crazy :rotfl:

So is being not concearned about air contacts.

Linavitch
08-07-07, 09:59 AM
Then you must be one lucky SOB.

Battle Stations and Crash Dive is the standard operating procedure on my boat.

The other day I was using my deck gun to finish off a large merchant when a Betty suprised me and ripped a gaping hole in my side. Managed to get him but my patrol was over as I had to limp back to port (with 12 Fish left unfired). I was dreading another air contact because I felt sure if I dived I would have sunk like a stone.

RobertLee
08-07-07, 10:07 AM
Well I have not even arrived at my patrol area and I have shot down over 10 planes. The only problem is I'm going to run out of AA ammo :P

It happened again by the way, lol. This time I have a screenshot. (they were both Betty's not Kate)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5614/planeah2.jpg

alunatic
08-07-07, 11:25 AM
Ah it must of been one of those flying boats the Japs had, they are not very well known.

RobertLee
08-07-07, 12:34 PM
I love the Bettys. Now two of them attacked and blew themselves up with their bombs. Both went down...
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/6906/plane2go2.jpg

orangenee
08-07-07, 12:42 PM
As said you really are a lucky SOB, everytime I try to take something on that's not a Zero and flies, destroyed engines, it's almost unholy the amount of accuracy these planes have against me.

Gunner
08-07-07, 01:02 PM
Betty's doing weird things, had this happen quite a few times, they fly real low when making bomb run, and I mean low, after dopping their load the concussion from bombs puts them in a death spin, had one yesterday, while I was standing on the bridge to a cartwheel Kamakaze style, right in front of me and clipped the deck gun on my S-42 boat, what a Kool thing to see, Jap pilots must have been into my rum:D :arrgh!:

alunatic
08-07-07, 01:38 PM
Whenever I get bombed they always seem to hit me every time and they never kill themselves. Why do they miss you?

orangenee
08-07-07, 02:38 PM
Whenever I get bombed they always seem to hit me every time and they never kill themselves. Why do they miss you?

Also if it's not the bombs it's the plane itself that hits you when you shoot it down...:damn:

RobertLee
08-07-07, 05:00 PM
SD radar is cool. Once you run out of AA ammo you can easily avoid aircraft by going to periscope depth when you see them coming close on radar. :P

Quagmire
08-08-07, 03:02 PM
LOL!

Yeah those Betty pilots have been really hitting the sake! Everytime they attack they either kamikaze your sub or nose dive into their bomb blasts! I have never seen a Betty survive an attack run!

One time I saw two Bettys approaching so I naturally crashed dived. I got under the water before they attacked so their depth bombs exploded safely behind me. Then I hear renching metal, explosions, more metal and then explosions all around. I was thinking, WTF!! is going on out there!

Well I watch the replay and the crazy Japs had dropped their bombs where they saw me submerge, then fly directly into the water on the same trajectory as their bombs! Then the second Betty did the same thing and therefore rammed the first Betty that was bobing on the surface where it had crashed. Every time they touched it was rench, BOOM, rench, BOOM!

I nearly busted a gut laughing at the scene! :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

STEED
08-08-07, 03:09 PM
I raised this issue as well >>>http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=118145

Very strange.