PDA

View Full Version : wtf?

Steel_Tomb
08-05-07, 12:00 PM
I was just lining up a stern shot on a merchant, fired off a few fish and then got a pop up of "ready to insert troops". I clicked postpone and I got a CTD. WTF? I thought this kind of crap had been fixed in 1.3, I wasn't even supposed to have any troops on board was on a simple recon mission not an insertion mission.

GT182
08-05-07, 12:07 PM
It seems there are a few things supposed to be fixed that weren't. :roll:

Steel_Tomb
08-05-07, 12:31 PM
Does anyone know what triggers the launch troops thing? Because I was just inputting data into the TDC when it popped up. Really annoying when you've spent 20mins getting to the japanese home islands, dodging aircraft.

Juju
08-05-07, 03:48 PM
Does anyone know what triggers the launch troops thing?

My understanding is 1: you need to be in sufficiently close proximity to the drop off point, and 2: Your boat needs to be at full stop, or at least very low speed.

Steel_Tomb
08-05-07, 04:01 PM
thats the thing I wasn't even on a troop deployment mission. My orders were just to patrol the waters near the japanese home islands.

C DuDe
08-05-07, 04:44 PM
I Have no idea what triggered the troop insertion, I don't think there are missions like that in TM 1.4.

However,

The CTD's are random as far as I know.. the known bug in the game has bin taken out by either the 1.3 patch or surely by the Mod fix going around.
That doesn't mean you won't have any though, I just experienced one... wanted to go to my deck gun by using the icon at the bottom but instead I got send to the OPS room (tried it 4x's) then I tried it with the F10 key.... et voilą, bye bye.

Shame too, I'd sunk 3 large moderate merchants, 1 mine layer and was about to kill off the crippled small merchant I hit with a stray torpedo :cool: with my deck gun.

Had another one a few day's ago when going to home base, nothing happening just sailing along.

It might have something to do with the built in safeguard of the PC... it's getting nice and hot after 6hrs of sneaking around. And when the PC is getting to hot it stops whatever it's doing just to cool off.
I know my PC is getting very hot, I'll install the temperature monitoring tool I got to see what it raises to.

(Me thinks of starting to do some "game save" until the CDT is resolved if it's game related and if its the heat causing the CTD buying a extra fan might be an idea.

(Have to start a new campaign again, my 5th now :shifty: )