PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars

Rilder
07-26-07, 05:38 AM
I decided to dl and go on for old times sake... I had it downloaded earlier but with my hard-drive crash that went to... so, Woot every char I have has a b-day gift... my Ranger in war on there second b-day and my Monk and necro and Ritualist all on there first, was a plesent surprise. :)

Of course since im dling from scratch downloads take a bloody long time... making group play... a problem... :shifty:

But yea, I have 5 sets of 15k armor and 100 plat in the bank. :cool:

None of my old friends play unfortunatly. :-?

Chock
07-26-07, 08:43 AM
I crank up Guild Wars once in a while, it's good fun for a quick blast, and it has some of the best graphics and the best music of absolutely any game ever.

Recommended if you fancy a bit of online fantasy stuff that doesn't require you to know millions of stats to have a chance of getting anywhere.

:D Chock

NeonSamurai
07-26-07, 07:34 PM
Ya, only thing i didnt care for was it didnt realy let you solo much if you wanted to (and horribly slow to level if you tried), ive never been one for pickup groups.

Tikigod
07-27-07, 06:37 PM
You can solo in alot of areas with a 55 monk build.

Ya, only thing i didnt care for was it didnt realy let you solo much if you wanted to (and horribly slow to level if you tried), ive never been one for pickup groups.

Chock
07-27-07, 09:02 PM
Some of that 'soloing' problem was addressed with the add-on disk that allowed you to have personal NPC henchmen who gained experience along with you in a customised fashion. Not a bad system actually.

NeonSamurai
07-28-07, 06:47 AM
Instead of the generic ones you hired in town?

Chock
07-28-07, 11:56 AM
yup, they are available to you if you get the Nightfall mission disk

Rilder
07-28-07, 07:32 PM
Yeh the Heros are bloody awesome, if you have some elite skills unlocked already you can throw them on the heros.... Koss was using gladiators defense at level 1 :lol:

kiwi_2005
07-29-07, 03:09 AM
I use to play Guildwars to death practically. I still go in for a blast now and then. But with WOW i dont as often:). But im bound to sooner or later.

Add my name if you want

New Zealander - Warrior/Nec
Revenge of the Geek - Elementist/Monk
Guild - Black Sphinx
UK Servers.

Just started a new character a few weeks ago (Monk/Ranger) trying to get that Title "Defender of Ascalon" In the pre searing - by getting to level 20 in the Pre Searing. Do all quests but dont go and collect the rewards, just do the quests, then when around lvl 10 go over the wall and fight the Char in the Northerns, till you get to level 16 then the hard part starts you have to Death Level meaning let them kill you on purpose so the char will level up to your stats then you kill them, once you hit lvl 19 you then go get those rewards for those quests which will take you up to lvl 20. Getting from Level 16 to 20 in the pre searing can take months im told.

I have played the game (campaign) right through with every character, the easiest is the monk as Monk/Mesmer or Ele as a nuker, the hardest i found for me was the Ranger, i died often. I have only just gotten into PVP.

Gunner
08-01-07, 07:46 AM
Great game, played it to death as well . Warrior/ Elementist build did fairly well solo. Had best weapons in the game, Earned them, refused to buy them when ye can get them for free :D Haven't played in some time, I really should fire the game up again :arrgh!:

Reaves
08-01-07, 07:47 PM
I've got a copy but never really gave it the playing it deserved. It looks pretty enough but I think I went to wow a week after purchase so I could chat and hang out with my brother who was living in the UK.