PDA

View Full Version : finally able to play sh3

ABBAFAN
07-21-07, 08:30 AM
the probl;em with my pc was that although i had an adequate card the video drivers were not instaled properly and also it was overheating but now both problems have been rectified and im playing the game and i think its rather good.certainly better than sh2 which was ok anyway.the only problem is when im on the bridge view i keep getting the binnoculars popping up and on the periscope views the zoom has a mind of its own as does the zoom and scrolling on chart and tdc views!ive also noticded when browsing online(including this site as i type)the scroll goes up and down all over the place on its own it makes selecting topics to read virtually impossible.what might be causing this mad scroll madness in my pc?anyone?btw thank for help with other problems!:know:

bigboywooly
07-21-07, 09:48 AM
The bino and peri zoom are to do with the scroll wheel on your mouse
Will also affect the zoom of the nav map too

CapZap1970
07-21-07, 10:37 AM
the probl;em with my pc was that although i had an adequate card the video drivers were not instaled properly and also it was overheating but now both problems have been rectified and im playing the game and i think its rather good.certainly better than sh2 which was ok anyway.the only problem is when im on the bridge view i keep getting the binnoculars popping up and on the periscope views the zoom has a mind of its own as does the zoom and scrolling on chart and tdc views!ive also noticded when browsing online(including this site as i type)the scroll goes up and down all over the place on its own it makes selecting topics to read virtually impossible.what might be causing this mad scroll madness in my pc?anyone?btw thank for help with other problems!:know:
I am glad you sorted it out ABBAFAN, enjoy the game!!! :up:
CapZap

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
07-21-07, 11:33 AM
try to unplugg and replugg your computer mouse.
or try to reboot your pc ;)

if its still not working then... then i have no idea

SmokinTep
07-21-07, 06:44 PM
You really don't need a mouse if you know the keyboard commands........:yep:

Jimbuna
07-21-07, 06:50 PM
Pleased to hear you've rejoined the flotilla matey :up:

ABBAFAN
07-22-07, 05:59 AM
thanks!i think its quite a good game and mods should make it even better.i noticed that on the mission editor thought theyve got liverpool on the wrong side of the wirral peninsular in the river dee!quite amusing.i did prefer the generated missions in sh21 though it was easier to get into one than on this game.but its a nice game and i look forward to sh4 and 5 where ill be sailing in a british submarine in the med and baltic!!!