PDA

View Full Version : Hey, lil help?

S Rafty
07-16-07, 03:35 PM
Hey,

Got SH3 jsut recently...and mein got!

LOVE IT!

Going at slower speeds on surface better then fast with regards to diesel consumption?

and how do I get different logos for my conn tower. I have the 1slt Flotilla one on there atm. How come you guys have U Boat numbers? My current boat does, so I can use that right?

Penelope_Grey
07-16-07, 03:57 PM
Hi Welcome aboard!

Each boat has their own ideal speed with regards to fuel consumption.

e.g the type II's are most fuel efficient at 6 knots.

What you gotsta do is play with different speeds and then check with your navigator max range at current speed.

most boats are at their best in regards to fuel consumption at a speed which is between your ahead slow setting, and your 1/3 setting. A speed between there will get you best fuel rates.

Have a play. :)

Sink plenty!:arrgh!:

S Rafty
07-16-07, 04:15 PM
Cheers for the quick reply!

How I check with him? Only just found out pressing F1 will let me know about supply boats lol.

Sink plenty? Oh I had fun in S****horpe??? A port on the East Coast of GB. Sank this little tiny trawler...bless lol. But yeah was some good killing in there...but my game slowed riiiight down and eventually crashed as I came across a ship on the way back to Base.

So how do I do my own logos for the side? Or doyou get them as you progress?

CapZap1970
07-16-07, 04:49 PM
About the logos (emblems), try this mod:
http://files.filefront.com/CapZap+Emb+Pack+v10rar/;8045357;;/fileinfo.html
Close SH3, enable it via JSGME, restart SH3, go to the upgrades menu at the "office" and click on "the last icon at the right "Specials" i think it is...
You can only select an emblem when you finish your 1st patrol.
Next time you want to change your emblem, you don't need to exit SH3 just go to the same menu as before prior leaving for your next patrol :up:
CapZap

S Rafty
07-16-07, 05:19 PM
Cheers :) But whats JSGME?

CapZap1970
07-16-07, 05:22 PM
Cheers :) But whats JSGME?
Oh, sorry, I thought you had it... well, it's a little nice program that allows you to enable mods without copying files directly to SH3. So every time you enable a mod, this prog makes an automatic back up of the files replaced and when you disable the mod, it restores the original files. Very practicall, isn't it?
You can get it here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=118537
Just follow the instructions
CapZap

S Rafty
07-16-07, 05:46 PM
Ohhhh.

Cheers dude!

CapZap1970
07-16-07, 06:40 PM
Ohhhh.

Cheers dude!
Welcome mate!! :up:
CapZap

Puster Bill
07-16-07, 07:36 PM
After you've played vanilla SHIII for a while, you might want to upgrade from stock to GWX, the "Grey Wolves eXpansion", which is a ton of mods that makes the whole experience different.

Oh, and when you are ready to try manual targeting, you have to download, print out, and assemble Hitman's Kriegsmarine Whiz-Wheel. It makes life at the TDC so much easier.

S Rafty
07-16-07, 07:40 PM
Manual Targetting?

*walks away* I might have to at some point jsut for the fun, I'm playing on 57% atm.

I'll havea look at a few of the MODS, swee what I like the look of.

danurve
07-16-07, 10:34 PM
You can find alot of answers for the game on the Community manual. :up:

Get your feet wet, find out about some of the mods, gwx, nygm, war ace, and jsgme (jonesoft generic mod enabler) and sh3commander. Commander is a nifty utility to help manage the game.

To good hunting:arrgh!:

Canovaro
07-17-07, 01:16 AM
Hello, kaleun Rafty,

Welcome to the forum.
My advise is: stick to stock SH3 form some time and level up the realism as you move along. When you're getting good at it, try one of the supermods GWX, NYGM or WAC.

Before your know it, you're playing 100% with manual targeting and navigation.

Have fun!

:arrgh!:

Jimbuna
07-17-07, 04:59 AM
Welcome aboard Kaleun S Rafty :arrgh!:

You've certainly come to the right forum if your into subsimming :up:

robj250
07-17-07, 05:39 AM
Welcome aboard S Rafty.

My advise to you is to stick with the stock version of Silent Hunter, upgraded to 1.4 version.

Now, with respect to adding mods, you need the program JSGME and you get that from JSCones website http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/

Once you have JSGME installed, look at this page and decide which extra mod your might want to install using JSGME. http://www.subsim.com/subsim_files/patches2005.html

GWX, NYGM are more difficult. SO take my advice and stay with Silent Hunter until you have got a good handle on it.

I also suggest that you obtain SH3Commander version 2.7. You can get that from JSCones' website.

It is a separate installation, but lets you change your U-Boat Number, manage your crew. Follow the instructions on how to use it TO THE LETTER. It also permits you to change your next patrol area.

Another separate program, to get used to using along with your Silent Hunter is SH3Gen. This program will give you intelligence. Follow the instructions on how to install and use it.

I used Silent Hunter along with JSGME to install the mods that I wanted, starting my patrol using SH3 Commander, then once I was out of port, save your game, like giving it a name like "out" without the quotes, then exit the to the game page, now press [Alt] [Tab] to minimize your Silent Hunter screen )you do not lose your game), then use SH3Gen to get your intelligence and generate it. Then go back to your Silent Hunter simply by clicking on it at the bottom of your screen on your task bar. start your game again and go to your saved game, load it, and press the letter K on your keyboard and that will show you what your intelligence is. This feature is simply "dressing to give you a little flavour, you are not required to follow the instructions given in it, but it does put marks on your NAVMAP, however there is no garentee that the ship will be there, the marks are only good for 24 hours, but I don't erase them on my map.

I played right to the end of the war in 1945.

I then installed GWX to the latest version 1.3. However, you MUST have a clean install of Silent Hunter III then install your GWX1.3 inside the Silent Hunter folder.
Program Files/Ubisoft/Silent Hunter/
Then install JSGME, so you can add any mods, but I don't think you will need any as GWX1.3 has all the good mods already in it.

You will really enjoy it.

But as I said, Get your feet wet using Silent Hunter III with some mods added.

HAPPY HUNTING:up:

Rob

S Rafty
07-17-07, 10:15 AM
Much appreciated with the advice there dude. I'm going do atleast 1 career to 45 before I start using any MODS etc. I allready do manul navigation I think. Well I plot where I wanna go lol.

Puster Bill
07-17-07, 12:43 PM
Much appreciated with the advice there dude. I'm going do atleast 1 career to 45 before I start using any MODS etc. I allready do manul navigation I think. Well I plot where I wanna go lol.

Manual navigation is different: It's using star sights in game to figure out your position, because that mod it no longer shows on the map.

Oh, and I've *NEVER* made it from 1939 to 1945 without getting killed at some point. I generally play Dead is Dead (DiD), but I have started careers in 1944 and lasted all of two patrols... :damn:

S Rafty
07-17-07, 01:21 PM
2 Patrols? Nice...lol. It is true though...Sometimes your luck jsut does run out.

I had a near miss alst night. Single 20mm gunner was attacking Swordfish, one of them exploded mid dive, its bombs exploded about 2-3metres to our side and the aircraft exploded some metres from them. Allot of water came up. I died once when me and a Harbour wall got intimate on this career lol.