PDA

View Full Version : Save games are HUGE...

BooBooLovesAll
07-15-07, 03:44 PM
It used to take under 30 seconds to save a game, now it takes a few minutes.

Checked the folder.. 500mb save.:o

I turned off the developers options in the main.cfg... what the heck?

Also.. the start up menu now takes a few minutes longer in 1.3 than 1.2. I could get up, make a sandwhich.. before it would be done.

9th_cow
07-15-07, 03:54 PM

Also.. the start up menu now takes a few minutes longer in 1.3 than 1.2. I could get up, make a sandwhich.. before it would be done.

odd because my saves are about 5mb, in total. for 2 or 3 saves. and its faster but bearing in mind i did a full clean up of my rig recently that is most likely sod all to do with the patch.
but it realy shouldnt have gotten worse for you.

BooBooLovesAll
07-15-07, 04:01 PM

odd because my saves are about 5mb, in total. for 2 or 3 saves. and its faster but bearing in mind i did a full clean up of my rig recently that is most likely sod all to do with the patch.
but it realy shouldnt have gotten worse for you.

I deleted.. then reinstalled SH4 and then patched it.

Then added the mods.

Furthermore... I used to be able to open the tubes in rapid succession.. now its back to the way it was with 1.2?:x

AVGWarhawk
07-15-07, 05:19 PM
Sounds to me like a fresh install and just putting patch 1.3 might solve your ills. If it is acting like 1.2 then there is a problem for sure.

My game loads quickly and when done puts all the files away quickly. It has not done this since 1.3 patch. I see improvement over all with loading and shutting down.

BooBooLovesAll
07-15-07, 06:12 PM
Sounds to me like a fresh install and just putting patch 1.3 might solve your ills. If it is acting like 1.2 then there is a problem for sure.

My game loads quickly and when done puts all the files away quickly. It has not done this since 1.3 patch. I see improvement over all with loading and shutting down.

I did the fresh install and patch it like 1.3..

You using any mods?

AVGWarhawk
07-15-07, 06:14 PM
All that I use is the green button mod and the officer hat mod. What is troubling is the torp doors are acting like they did in the previous patches.

Jmack
07-15-07, 06:20 PM
if you save the replay it will be a larger file ... not shure about the size ...

BooBooLovesAll
07-15-07, 06:25 PM
All that I use is the green button mod and the officer hat mod. What is troubling is the torp doors are acting like they did in the previous patches.

Weirder part is that I tried the patch out.. and I got the torp doors to open quicker than 1.2.

Then it reverted back to its oldself.:down:

Fearless
07-15-07, 07:10 PM
Have no probs whatsoever. Game loads faster, torp doors open fast at a touch of the key and my max save files reach only 4.4mb.

BooBooLovesAll
07-15-07, 07:22 PM
Uninstalled..deleted anything to do with SH4... reinstalled..applied patch...

With no mods activated, went into game. Loads quicker, tubes open with no problems.

Bet its either the Trigger Maru..the campaign layers.. or both.

AVGWarhawk
07-16-07, 05:47 AM
Load one mod at a time and play. Once this issue starts again after the last mod you installed, then you know which one is the culprit. So far I enjoy game play with just using texture mods for the visual experience. I'm good with DD and convoy reaction now with 1.3. I am interested in Taters campaign layers and would like to see were he goes with this.

java`s revenge
07-16-07, 06:17 AM
Why do i read that people are using the pre 1.3 mods???

Don`t use them at all !!!

Every modmaker is reworking his mod again because they don`t
work with 1.3

TDK1044
07-16-07, 06:45 AM
It's the TM 1.3 mod. My load times are a bit slower and the file saves are now very large. I don't see it as a big issue though.

banjo
07-16-07, 02:53 PM
My saves used to take less than 5 seconds. Now they take 25 - 30.

Ducimus
07-16-07, 04:29 PM
argh.

The torpedo doors im aware of. Easy enough to fix.

The 500 MB saves, im trying to pin down if this is a stock issue, or mod issue. Try deleting the entire campaign directory from Tmaru and see if it happends again.

edit: This is important, if your using Tmaru and have this issue, i need to know, WHAT WAS THE MONTH AND YEAR IN GAME?

TDK1044
07-16-07, 05:22 PM
December 1941. My first mission of a new career.

Ducimus
07-16-07, 06:25 PM
What boat? Another possibility is this is an issue that is specific to the Tambor or Gar class considering i modded the Gar to use its own files (tambor files renamed)

BooBooLovesAll
07-16-07, 07:37 PM
argh.

The torpedo doors im aware of. Easy enough to fix.

The 500 MB saves, im trying to pin down if this is a stock issue, or mod issue. Try deleting the entire campaign directory from Tmaru and see if it happends again.

edit: This is important, if your using Tmaru and have this issue, i need to know, WHAT WAS THE MONTH AND YEAR IN GAME?
Year was 1941/1942... December and January.

I think I have the Gar/Tambor.. one of the two

If its really important, I can check. (on laptop.. not on PC)

OmegaMan
07-17-07, 08:40 AM
Hi all. I do not believe that the problem with the huge savegames with Trigger Maru 1.3 are the campaigns files.
I believe that the problem is in the submarines types, in particular the Tambor and the Gar types.
I have made some tests and here is the results:
1- Fresh SH4 patched to 1.3 without any mods= savegames OK
2- Fresh SH4 patched to 1.3 whith Trigger Maru 1.3:

a- Carreer start: 8-Dec-41: Porpoise class= savegames OK. Tambor class= Huge savegames. Gar class= Huge savegames
b- Carreer start: 6-Jun-42: Porpoise class= savegames OK. Tambor class= Huge savegames. Gar class= Huge savegames. Gato class= savegames OK

3- Fresh SH4 patched to 1.3 with Improved Campaign Layers 0.70 (Tater) = savegames OK
4- Fresh SH4 patched to 1.3 with Trigger Maru 1.3 without the submarine folder and without UPCUnitsData folder= savegames OK

On the basis of these test I believe the problem is in Tambor/Gar classes.
I hope helped.
Omega out.

LobsterBoy
07-19-07, 04:40 PM
Just dropping a quick note to say that my save games are of normal (3mb) size. I'm running 1.3 stock with the Tambor out of Pearl starting Dec. 8, 1941.

punkmaster98
07-28-07, 09:18 PM
My saves are over 1 gig. how do i lower them?

Von Manteuffel
07-29-07, 03:46 AM
if you save the replay it will be a larger file ... not shure about the size ...

Absolutely. For some reason the Replay saves are massive. Standard saves are around 340 Kb, but those where I've also saved the Replay are huge - up to 113Mb !!!!

punkmaster98
07-29-07, 09:04 AM
i never save the replay though

banjo
07-29-07, 09:50 AM
TM 1.4 solved the problem for me. Games saves take less than 5 seconds.