PDA

View Full Version : Pre detonation on torps with TM 1.3

Goose_green
07-14-07, 01:52 PM
Just started a new patrol with the new TM 1.3 mod and I am having a serious problem with torpedoes set on contact and magnetic fuses. They are simply pre detonating way before they reach my targets. I launched all fore torpedoes, 6 in all at various targets in a convoy and 4 of them fail, a couple just yards from my sub. the last remaining two hit the same target and did nothing at all to it.

I have tried varying the depths of the torpedoes yet they still pre detonate regardless of what fuse is used.

Anyone else having similar problems?

schmutt
07-14-07, 02:06 PM
Ahm? I'm scared to say but that's life! That's how it was. Not quite ... was even worse: 7 out of 8 were dudes! That historicly correct.

nomad_delta
07-14-07, 02:11 PM
Hiya Goose!

For starters, we've pretty much determined that the 'contact/influence' switch in the game isn't functioning at all. If you're playing on or before 03/31/1943, your torpedoes are going to be magnetic even if you flip the switch to 'contact'. After that date, they permanently switch to contact and you'll never get magnetics again. Discussion about that is going on, here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=118393

Now, about your premature detonations: what type of weather are you firing the torpedoes in? I've determined that weather has a huge influence on premature detonation rates. If it's windy and wavy, you'll be seeing up to 60% failure rate on magnetic exploders, and since the switch is broken you're stuck with magnetics early in the war.

Also, based on my testing, torpedo depth does not have any effect on premature detonation rates -- only the weather does.

nomad_delta

Goose_green
07-14-07, 02:22 PM
The weather wasn't too bad, a slight swell nothing worse.

Thanks for the heads up:up: