PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 and RFB ?

Goat
07-12-07, 11:15 PM
The Game and all patches run fine. Add RFB... and I can't get past the opener...

Anybody else ?

mookiemookie
07-12-07, 11:35 PM
Beery is working on updating the RFB mod for 1.3. Check on the status of it and whatnot in this thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=111770

Goat
07-13-07, 08:19 AM
Tan-Que....

BH
07-14-07, 01:55 PM
I hope beery adjust the A.I. to match the real capabilities of the IJN to keep the game as historically accurate as possible. Other mods look to make the game more challenging, yet take away from the historically accuracy.

Fish40
07-14-07, 04:22 PM
Is the new AI in 1.3 more of a challange for the sake of a challange, or is this historical? I know everyone wants to play their own way, but please let's be honest here. A SIMULATION is meant to be as REALISTIC as possible! What's the point of playing a sim otherwise?

OK, let the flameing begin! I could take it:yep:

theluckyone17
07-14-07, 07:41 PM
A SIMULATION is meant to be as REALISTIC as possible! What's the point of playing a sim otherwise?

To cram enough realism as we can, 'til things get uncomfortable, and thus ruining our enjoyment.

I'm all for realism, for example, but I'd probably complain about weeks on end without a good shower, eating out of cans, and someone throwing buckets of cold water in my face every few moments.

Beery
07-14-07, 07:58 PM
I'm all for realism, for example, but I'd probably complain about weeks on end without a good shower, eating out of cans, and someone throwing buckets of cold water in my face every few moments.

You're confusing realism with reality.

Beery
07-14-07, 07:59 PM
The Game and all patches run fine. Add RFB... and I can't get past the opener...

Anybody else ?

RFB 1.2* is guaranteed not to work with SH4 v1.3. I'll be releasing an updated version in the next few days.

BH
07-15-07, 10:35 PM
I can't wait for the updated version of RFB!!!

FAdmiral
07-15-07, 11:42 PM
Is the new AI in 1.3 more of a challange for the sake of a challange, or is this historical? I know everyone wants to play their own way, but please let's be honest here. A SIMULATION is meant to be as REALISTIC as possible! What's the point of playing a sim otherwise?

To be able to sink hundreds of thousands of tons without any warships coming
after you, not a challenge nor is it historical...
To get sunk every time before you get close enought to sink anything,
neither a challenge or historical....
Somewhere inbetween lies the answer, just where inbetween will differ with
every player !! [-----------------FUN SLIDER-------------------]

JIM

BH
07-17-07, 09:09 PM
Any news on the update?

Beery
07-17-07, 10:12 PM
Won't be for a few days yet. I'm really busy with real life stuff so I'm really tired. Got to get some time to catch up so I can look at it with fully awake eyes.

Tobus
07-18-07, 01:44 AM
Won't be for a few days yet. I'm really busy with real life stuff so I'm really tired. Got to get some time to catch up so I can look at it with fully awake eyes.

Don't let anyone rush you Beery, there's life beyond SH4:arrgh!:

Fearless
07-18-07, 01:53 AM
Most definitely. Take your time Beery:up:

Camaero
07-18-07, 04:33 AM

Don't let anyone rush you Beery, there's life beyond SH4:arrgh!:

The hell you say?:o

Beery
07-18-07, 07:28 AM
I realise it's annoying to have to wait for a mod you've all come to be comfortable with, so I'm trying to get myself motivated as best I can. The biggest problem I'm facing right now is that I suffer from insomnia and these past few days have been brutal. I will get the mod updated in days, not weeks, but in the meantime I don't want any RFB fans to go without the game, so I hope you folks are having fun either with SH4v1.2 and RFB1.28 or with SH3 v1.3.

Uber Gruber
07-18-07, 07:32 AM
It'll be worth the wait!

I think 1.3 + RFB + taters campaign + capn cox graphics + werner's realistic sinkings and a few other mods that are starting look interesting will be the ultimate pacific experience for me, and my wife and our pet bull frog called Terance.

All we need now is the Atlantic Sharks mod and my ivory castle will be complete. :rock: