PDA

View Full Version : Explosion but no damage

emtmedic005
07-12-07, 07:24 PM
So im playing GWX, starting fresh in 1939, and im using Wolfie's tweaker and im playing with Aucustic Torpedoes, I was comming up to a Cargo ship, i was at PD, the ship didnt see me, but it was moving really fast, fired one fish, at about 1000yds, it missed, it didnt even come close. Fired a second fish, the ship was with in 300 by the time the torpedo hit it, there was a huge explosion but then i checked out the damage, there was none ( im using the torpedo damage mod), so i fired a third fish, it hit, and made a huge column of water shot up but no damage to the ship. I was getting pissed off, so i surfaced and took it out with my deck gun, which i forgot in GWX is the slowest gun EVER, And how do u get more then 220 HE rounds, i want Star Burst and AP rounds too, lots of them:arrgh!: :arrgh!: :arrgh!: :arrgh!:

So my question was if the torpedo hits the **** with in 300 yards it wont damage the ****, but it still explodes? I dont get it and i have been playing this game for a while, Does someone have some answers???

TarJak
07-12-07, 07:32 PM
Was this your first patrol out on a fresh patrol with no save before shooting? I've seen damage textures disappear when resuming a save game, not very often mind. IIRC this is a stock bug but it doesn't happen often. If you didn't save then I'm buggered if I know what it is.

Brag
07-12-07, 07:35 PM
If you're using acustics, you'll have to wait 'til 1943 for the ships to sink :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Morts
07-12-07, 07:44 PM
If you're using acustics, you'll have to wait 'til 1943 for the ships to sink :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

CapZap1970
07-12-07, 09:27 PM
Bad luck perhaps???;)
CapZap

Kpt. Lehmann
07-12-07, 09:35 PM
LOL.

The only thing amiss in the description on the first post...

Some of the newer ships introduced into GWX do not always show the residual impact damage graphic... though the damage still occurs.

Read the GWX manual regarding ships damage models peeples! Flooding versus structural damage... etc etc.

RTFM!!!! :|\\ :p

EMT's are sometimes such an impatient lot.;)

Endotracheal intubation anyone?

Awww come on. It'll be fun.

Canovaro
07-13-07, 01:52 AM
EMT's are sometimes such an impatient lot.;)

Endotracheal intubation anyone?

Awww come on. It'll be fun.

:huh: what is this man talking about?

emtmedic005, could it be that you are not used to the slow sinking of GWX?
Compared to stock game, it is very slow.
If so, just wait it out next time.
If you use external view, you should see faint black marks where the torpedoes hit.

emtmedic005
07-13-07, 08:40 AM
I have the torpedo damage mod and when i was firing my deck gun, i could see where the shells hit and there was visual damage to the ship. When the torpedos hit the ship there was no visual damage, first one hit in the bow and the second hit midship, they would have sunk the ship. Not only was there no visual damage but the ship wasnt even "acting" like it was just hit by two torpedos, only when i surfaced the sub, about 150 yards from the ship, did the ship start to act weird. Now i've seen my fair shair of ships sinking and i think i know when one isnt. But the thing is that the damage mod was working, so im thinking that because the torpedos hit the ship when they were still on their striaght run, meaning they werent armed, is that y nothing happend? I dont know. Its 1939, im using acustics torpedos, will they still work?

O yeah i hate intubating, the worse is when you see another medic put an IV line into a 90 year old women with a 14G needle, ewwww. hahaha