PDA

View Full Version : stability addressed in patch 1.3?

Joe S
07-11-07, 11:24 AM
I am still regularly getting crashes to desktop, does anyone know if the new patch will address stability issues?Thanks! Joe S

WernerSobe
07-11-07, 11:49 AM
hm i never used to have crashed to desktop. Not with 1.3 neither with earlier versions.

Must be local problem maybe with some of your drivers? No idea

SteamWake
07-11-07, 12:44 PM
Cant say Ive never had a CTD but they have been very few like 2 or 3 after many many hours of play.

Most of those were due to a background task deciding to fire up. Such as a virus update. Often I can recover from those even.

Cant say that you or others are not having issues Im just saying I dont think its the code.

The General
07-11-07, 02:29 PM
I have had a couple of CTD's when clicking on the Binocular icon whilst under time compression.

Rockin Robbins
07-11-07, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I'm finding this the most stable game I've installed, much better than any of the Command and Conquer series, trounces the Roller Coaster Tycoon series, better than Halo or NASCAR 2003. I'm thinking you have a driver issue that could be helped by making sure all your drivers including motherboard drivers are the latest available. The only CTD's I've had were the result of doing something stupid. I put that down as just punishment. :doh:

Nonetheless, I'm sure looking forward to patch 1.3! Tomorrow huh?

CaptainCox
07-11-07, 03:10 PM
I think the CTD's are mostly due to harware. Had 3-4 but mainly due to TC and testing mods ;)

Bando
07-11-07, 03:13 PM
Only had some CTD's when testing a mod...

CaptainHaplo
07-11-07, 07:48 PM
SH4 does tend to run stable for most folks. I did get alot of crashes (repeatable) with my old rig when I overtaxed it tremendously. Otherwise - stable as a table mate. Give us an idea of what your box does when it crashes (any info given) and some of us will try and give you a few ideas on how to resolve it.