PDA

View Full Version : Endless Storm!!!

siber
07-06-07, 05:03 PM
No, I'm not commenting about the possibility of having storms for weeks at a time in GWX. I just wanted to say the following to those who DO notice this:

Here in Manchester, England, it has rained for two weeks solid. Not one day has gone past in the last fortnight without me getting soaked walking to or from work. The wind has been so strong that my umbrella can't be used because I fear for being blown away into the path of oncoming traffic! :shifty:

I'm fed up of the weather now. So fed up, in fact, that I'm going to go to New Mexico, USA, on Monday in the hope of finding a bit of sunshine this summer. :up:

And to those of you who have said that the two week storms are unrealistic, think again! :doh:

Growler
07-06-07, 05:07 PM
No, I'm not commenting about the possibility of having storms for weeks at a time in GWX. I just wanted to say the following to those who DO notice this:

Here in Manchester, England, it has rained for two weeks solid. Not one day has gone past in the last fortnight without me getting soaked walking to or from work. The wind has been so strong that my umbrella can't be used because I fear for being blown away into the path of oncoming traffic! :shifty:

I'm fed up of the weather now. So fed up, in fact, that I'm going to go to New Mexico, USA, on Monday in the hope of finding a bit of sunshine this summer. :up:

And to those of you who have said that the two week storms are unrealistic, think again! :doh:

IRT that last line: LOL!

Well, enjoy the States, man. Where in NM are you headed? If you're in the Albuquerque area, be sure to check out Sandia Mountain... if it's still anything like it was when last I was there, get up there at night and look around - pretty impressive to see the city spread out before you, then nothing but darkness until you can see the splotch of lights that is Santa Fe off in the distance. Safe travels!

Sailor Steve
07-06-07, 05:10 PM
In the book Das Boot he devotes two full chapters to the storm shown in the movie. Apparently that one lasted three weeks!

johan_d
07-06-07, 05:28 PM
Same here in the Netherlands.. rain, rain, rain, rain.. and rain.

UnterseeBoogeyMan
07-06-07, 05:44 PM

That's funny! I live in Albuquerque, and you'd be coming during our 'Monsoon' season. You'll get rain, only it lasts for 20 minutes then it's gone. You have to take our forecasts from a certain point of view; 50% chance of precipitation means you get it 50% of the time out here. Sandia has a nice view, but late at night keep an eye out for coyotes and mountain lions. I once saw a lion the size of my Honda Civic. Anyway, enjoy and check out both the red and the green chili. When you go back to the UK you'll be jonesing for it.

Jimbuna
07-07-07, 05:10 AM
'Two weeks of storms' :hmm:

Pah!....try living in the north east :lol: ;)

siber
07-07-07, 05:42 AM
Yeah, apparently a lot of the north-east of England's still underwater! We're lucky to have the Manchester ship-canal - the world's biggest man-made storm drain!

Indeed, I'm comin to Albuquerque first, and then heading to Los Alamos for a course! Once that's done, I've five days to play tourist (hopefully go to Santa Fe) before heading back to the airport for the flight back to blighty!

Jimbuna
07-07-07, 06:17 AM
Just seen the local news on tv and the local maternity unit is reporting newly borns with webbed feet :rotfl:

IrischKapitan
07-07-07, 06:24 AM
I telling you Ireland is much better, I'm still wearing my winter wollies it soo cold, plus we hav'nt had a bit of sun in a month. Clouds rain clouds wind and more rain :nope::nope:

Hopefully august will be better..... :roll::roll: