PDA

View Full Version : What music do you listen to through the Gramophone?

ahaseurus2000
07-05-07, 09:20 PM
"Lowlands of Holland" - Steeleye Span
"Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" - Gordon Lightfoot
"North Sea Oil" - Jethro Tull
"Skellig" - Clannad
"Tomorrow" - U2

Especially love "North Sea Oil" when racing at flank to intercept a contact, and "Edmund Fitzgerald" when attacking a convoy in heavy rain and wind.

Dimitrius07
07-05-07, 11:46 PM
I lisen to a Gwx songs wich includet with the mod :D

Kpt. Lehmann
07-05-07, 11:48 PM
Sarah McLachlan
Sting
Das Boot Soundtrack
Gladiator Soundtrack.

and

Darth Vader's Theme.:arrgh!:

ichso
07-06-07, 02:08 AM
http://cip.uni-trier.de/%7Eschmidt/sh3/gramophone.JPG

:arrgh!:

johan_d
07-06-07, 05:46 AM
I listen to rat-patrol-radio on www.live365.com :smug:

nikbear
07-06-07, 06:38 AM
Tons of 30's and 40's stuff that I got of jimbuna and is available on his filefront page in ogg format:up:although singing along to german marching music(I don't know the words:88))with the headphones on tends to disturb people,can't think why:doh:

Jimbuna
07-06-07, 06:40 AM
Pretty much the same sort of music as nikbear :lol:

SmokinTep
07-06-07, 07:44 AM
We lost all our records during the last time we were DC'd..............:yep:

Bonden
07-06-07, 08:35 AM
Rammstein

ichso
07-06-07, 08:41 AM
Rammstein hm ?
Maybe if you turn it on loud enough when beeing DC'ed the destroyers think your breaking apart and sinking and will leave you alone.

Sailor Steve
07-06-07, 12:16 PM
I'm with ichso; everything on my list is period, and German or French. I know some Kaleuns had American records, but I'll save those for SH4. I love 'Wochenend und Sonnenschein' (my spelling may be off; I'm going from memory). Oh, and the version from those 'Comedy' guys, not the crappy one with the couple singing it.

ReallyDedPoet
07-06-07, 12:21 PM
Have period speeches as well.

RDP

Jimbuna
07-06-07, 12:26 PM
Some of the tracks from Crimson Tide are really classy too :rock:

ichso
07-06-07, 12:37 PM
Some of those (especially french) songs play in 'Das Boot' too, this really adds atmosphere.
Like the one Rina Ketty - J'attendrai (even don't know what that means :D).

Jimbuna
07-06-07, 12:43 PM
Some of those (especially french) songs play in 'Das Boot' too, this really adds atmosphere.

I Will Wait :up:

ichso
07-06-07, 12:50 PM
I Will Wait :up:

ReallyDedPoet
07-06-07, 12:58 PM

Maybe this is a way to get my wife involved:hmm:, she is fluent in French. She already knows that she is accompanying me to France some day.

RDP

ichso
07-06-07, 01:02 PM
Maybe this is a way to get my wife involved:hmm:, she is fluent in French. She already knows that she is accompanying me to France some day.

RDP

You could charter a submarine and take the cruise over to europe, a little practice in the RealNavMod first and everything will be fine. Just plan on being away for 1-2 months though.

ReallyDedPoet
07-06-07, 01:15 PM

RDP
You could charter a submarine and take the cruise over to europe, a little practice in the RealNavMod first and everything will be fine. Just plan on being away for 1-2 months though.

She's a little claustophobic:hmm: She'll get over it :yep:

RDP

IrischKapitan
07-06-07, 01:59 PM
You have to listen to the classic ''Its a long way to Tiparaery'' espically the Das Boot version, Its gets me in the mood for attacking overly protected convoys in my little IID

Also I was thinking, dose having the gramaphone playing improve the morale of your crew?:hmm:

Hitman
07-06-07, 02:58 PM
I use the list present in Aces of the Deep with obviously better quality records and lots of classical music from Tchaikowsky, Beethoven, Schumann, and such (I love classical music except Operas and it is period accurate mostly) :up:

Syxx_Killer
07-06-07, 03:10 PM
Some of the selections you guys play is interesting. I've been wanting to use the grammophone with the style of music I like, but thought it may be a bit weird listening to 80's in a 1940's atmosphere. :doh::oops:

Anyway, do I have to change the songs to OGG if I chose to use my music rather than period music? Can I leave it in MP3 format? I'm sure some realists out there like the period music, but I could never bring myself to listen to it. It just isn't my cup of tea. Should I transport the 80's back to the 40's? :hmm::rock: It would be awesome playing "We're An American Band" while attacking an American convoy! :rotfl:

Hitman
07-06-07, 03:15 PM
Well just listen to what you prefer :up:

Don't let the realism-talibans shy you away from what is the ultimate objective of this -and any- game: Enjoying the experience:yep:

I love music from the 80s, but since I share that love with classical, and I like to have more inmersive ambience, I listen to that last one in SH3. Yet some good music from the 80s would be also good to put you in the mood for some aggressive attacks, that's for sure! :arrgh!:

Sailor Steve
07-06-07, 04:38 PM
Anyway, do I have to change the songs to OGG if I chose to use my music rather than period music? Can I leave it in MP3 format?
Some people have reported having MP3s skip while in the gramaphone. I'm weird: I converted mine to .wav files; they're bigger, but it makes it simple for me to open the SH3 folders and play them while I'm doing something else.

As I've said before, I play mainly for the feeling that I'm really there, so period music is the only thing that will work for me. By all means, as Hitman said, play what makes you feel best; that's what gaming is for, isn't it?

Jimbuna
07-06-07, 04:45 PM
Anyway, do I have to change the songs to OGG if I chose to use my music rather than period music? Can I leave it in MP3 format?

OGG format is a more stable format and the files should be a little smaller too :yep:

Syxx_Killer
07-06-07, 09:03 PM
Well, I imported some songs (after changing to OGG) and it is a whole... new experience. :lol: Maybe I will take on some new, long range patrols now. :arrgh!:

Von Manteuffel
07-07-07, 09:02 PM
I listen to a whole load of contemporaneous German music and can't do without Charlie and his Orchestra with their propoganda songs and the Glenn Miller broadcasts to German forces - "Begin the Beguine" sung in German is strange.

kiwi_2005
07-07-07, 09:27 PM
The cranking of steel is music to my ears. I need nothing else:lol: