PDA

View Full Version : My crews good but not that good.

Elder-Pirate
07-05-07, 03:13 PM
Had to high tail it for port ( Pearl harbor ) because of a few Betty's changing my subs looks. ( :lol: ) My guys did their thing in about 48 hours and fixed the sub best they could as of course the F10 & Y screen said everything was just hunky dory. Yeah right for we all now know better than this. Used "Hendrik Gieseke" Damage Analyzer II 2.0.5 Beta and like I said my guys did their thing but F10 & Y screens did not tell the truth. :nope: For this is what really was completed after "Refit @ "Tulagi" ( a sub tender ).

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/Lastreport.jpg

Excuse the "Savegame" as 'Sub heading to shop Brisbane' as this was my last save at "Tulagi" sub tender. I really turned northeast and headed first to sub tender "Johnston Atol" as although not reported either on F10 or Y screen nor the "Damage analyzer" I would not have enough fuel for "Pearl Harbor" as my fuel tanks were leaking as when I fueled up at Tulagi my tanks showed 99% full and as I left the tender at 2/3rd speed the fuel drained to 75% in less than 100 nm
. Although the Damage Analyzer said "Medium Damage" it does not state just what is medium damage but you know its something and knowing my fuel was going fast I wasn't about to dive more than periscope depth if even that, so Pearl here I come ( home base ).

Once all was fixed at Pearl I was offered the Mark 23 torpedo but for 100 renowned each. Well I purchased a dozen and sort of blindfolded at that. For 100 renowned each they had better do a lot more than the Mark 14. Do they?? Hope so or I'm out of 1200 renown.:doh:

I also was offered at Pearl a transfer to Brisbane and I took it. This is the "Damage Analyzer" report after I left Brisbane with all healed and 12 new Mark 23's. :yep:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/reportaftersavefromBrisbane.jpg

I just took this pic "online" a short while ago to show that you can be all repaired but only from your home port. I've tried and tried to get things repaired that my men couldn't do at either sub tenders and/or full size sub ports ( other than home port ) only to be told "Refit' or 'Postpone'. I can't believe that a full sized allied base would not repair your sub if it was not your home port. Guess that was another thing left out of the sim that is important if you really want to play the simulation as real as you can get. Although I must admit my computer will not let me play full out. Oh well at least I know when to get fully repaired and not lose your sub for a desk job IF you have either completed your mission or you have a hell of a lot of tonnage on your books for that run. :arrgh!:

Now I'll try out those new Mark 23's. :yep:

ReallyDedPoet
07-05-07, 03:37 PM
Nice post EP, I have not used the Damage Analyzer, will have to check it out :yep:

RDP