PDA

View Full Version : Random Demotion

spork542
07-05-07, 11:31 AM
My new commanders always seem to have to endure at least one patrol of being LtZS. I find this to be quite unrealistic, as I often have a 25000+ ton patrol and my commander is still a nub. I try to compensate for this by doing a little shakedown cruise, but when I reload the game the commander's demoted to LtZS. :damn::damn::damn: This has annoyed me from the game's release. What is the meaning of this?!

SmokinTep
07-05-07, 12:26 PM
I guess you weren't meant to be a Commander........:lol:

spork542
07-05-07, 12:30 PM
I guess not. :rotfl::rotfl:

The funniest example: Sinking 230k in 4 patrols (Unrealistic, I know). I was promoted to ObLT then demoted back to Leutnant ZS. So this commander had Oak Leaves but was only a Leutnant ZS. Odd, no? :hmm:

NealT
07-05-07, 01:38 PM
I believe this is covered in a couple more threads but as I recall, if you fall below a certain renown number, you are demoted...

NealT

HW3
07-06-07, 12:33 PM
Yes promotions are based on the amount of renoun you have so, if you get a promotion and then buy a upgrade for your u-boat, and fall below the required renoun amount for that promotion, you are demoted back to the previous rank.

spork542
07-06-07, 01:39 PM
Interesting. :hmm:

JScones
07-06-07, 09:49 PM
I believe this is covered in a couple more threads but as I recall, if you fall below a certain renown number, you are demoted...
It's covered in a *lot* more than just a couple of threads. ;)

jackdrewe
09-13-07, 01:22 AM
Hi Guys,

Just a quick one- I love Commander what a cool add-on! The new crew management is just great. However I have a problem- I noticed that my career file also keeps being demoted to Lt Jnr (I should be Lt Snr). I the only mods I have installed are the Ail wake mod, the Ail sky mod, Ail particles mod, CA instrument mod and Merchant skins pack. I only installed those few mods because I want to avoid conflicts (and possibly rendering the game useless). I also used the Generic Mod Enabler to install these mods. I wonder why then i'm being demoted. :hmm: My renown is around 6,600-6,700, I have not spent up big and I dont thing the mods mentioned above should be conflicting with Commander. ( they dont effect career rank do they??) I burst out laughing cause i'm ordering around crew and issuing medals to them who are a higher rank than me (2 Lt Snrs on board lol) Talk about insubordination!:rotfl:
What can I do to fix the issue comrades?? Text editor? Plz Help I LOVE this game.....

irish1958
09-13-07, 08:40 AM
Actually, in real life, officers may have a temporary grade, one level higher than their actual grade. So with reassignment, they may drop a grade; and with retirement, they will drop a grade.
This is true in the USA; I am not sure about the other navies in WWII .

skookum
09-13-07, 10:22 AM
In the Canadian Navy through the 40's and 50's is was not unheard of for a retiring officer to recieve a "promotion" shortly before retirement. Eg, a Leiutenant Commander would retire as a Commander, etc.
I'd hate do be demoted on retirement. Kinda seems like a slap in the face.