PDA

View Full Version : Need help right away

emtmedic005
07-04-07, 05:13 PM
I'm back from a "tour" in several countries and i installed SH3 back onto my PC and when i went to update it with the V1.1 patch it says can not update because my de_help.txt is an unknown version, now just to see if that was the only problem i deleted(copied it incase) and then it said it couldnt update cause my en_help.txt was also an unknown version? Can someone please help?

ReallyDedPoet
07-04-07, 07:54 PM
I'm back from a "tour" in several countries and i installed SH3 back onto my PC and when i went to update it with the V1.1 patch it says can not update because my de_help.txt is an unknown version, now just to see if that was the only problem i deleted(copied it incase) and then it said it couldnt update cause my en_help.txt was also an unknown version? Can someone please help?
1) Uninstall SH3 via Windows' "Add/Remove programs"
2) Open Windows Explorer and:
- *delete* the folder where you had installed SH3
- *delete* the \My Documents\SH3 folder
3) Reinstall SH3
4) If your SH3 did not come with patch v1.4b already included, install patch v1.4b. Ensure you install the patch that corresponds to your copy of SH3 (Download/DVD/EMEA/US)

Did you follow the above, also the latest patch is 1.4b?

RDP

emtmedic005
07-04-07, 08:45 PM
everything is good now thanks for the help

ReallyDedPoet
07-04-07, 08:46 PM
Glad to hear it.

RDP

CapZap1970
07-04-07, 11:20 PM
Just in case, if that ever happens to you again, all you have to do is delete that file. Problem solved!!!:up:
CapZap

SmokinTep
07-05-07, 06:21 AM
Another one back on patrol.........:up: