PDA

View Full Version : Attacks at night

Maverick30
07-04-07, 12:36 PM
The attacks of the U-Boots at night were made on the surface or submerged? What method was followed by the kaleuns? I usually make a surface attack, even against convoys, but I dont know if it is the right procedure.
Regards

joea
07-04-07, 12:38 PM
It is, until the Allies get radar. :up:

Schöneboom
07-04-07, 01:01 PM
Guten Tag, Maverick30,

Here's something you might find useful (a lot of us have it, either this or the actual book):

http://hnsa.org/doc/uboat/index.htm

It may surprise you how close you can get to a convoy on a dark night -- but don't stick around for the fireworks!

Mach's gut!

ReallyDedPoet
07-04-07, 01:19 PM

This is what makes for the experience:up:, you have to constantly change your tactics depending upon the year, conditions, etc.

RDP

ichso
07-04-07, 01:33 PM
This is what makes for the experience:up:, you have to constantly change your tactics depending upon the year, conditions, etc.
RDP

If you use SH3Gen you should be informed about much stuff, including improved allied technology and you can then adapt your own tactics as SH3Gen (=BDU in this case ;)) will suggest you.

Brag
07-04-07, 02:19 PM
Though I've made a few succesful night surface attacks, I prefer to do them submerged. Let the poor sheep come to me. Less risk, results are just as good.