PDA

View Full Version : Which career path for an Elektroboot?

blackdog_kt
07-04-07, 07:34 AM
Greetings everyone. I haven't played in a while due to a temporary house move and i can't check it myself. I'll be getting back my PC in a couple of days though and it got me thinking.

I'm running GWX 1.03 and i started my carreer in 1939 in Lorient (i think...the port with the long zig-zag course in the shallows out to the open sea). I would like to know when and where to i should apply for a transfer to get the type XXI. Also, if anything changes in regards to that in the next version of GWX, i might be better off following the new version guidelines, being still early in the war and all.

I'm not playing DiD so i will probably make it to the boat's introduction date. Right now i'm using a IXB. I cheated a bit and got it off SH3Commander, since i had managed to "buy" one the proper way in my pre-GWX career and didn't feel like starting all over again with a type VII or risking corrupted saved games. So i opted for a new, totally clean installation and got the type IX through SH3Commander.

On another note, do i have to start the game via SH3Commander everytime if i want it to recognise U-tankers and supply ships properly and not spend a month ressuplying?

Thanks in advance.

abel29a
07-04-07, 08:01 AM
Transfer to 11th Flotilla and the Elektroboot should be available mid 1944. You might also get it if you transfer to 7th/13th as they are relocated to Norway and it might be available there too, but I've never tried it.

Just remember to save up that renown, as the Elektroboot is 30.000 or something.

And yes, for that 1 day at a milk cow thingy to work you have to dock at it, end the game and restart it with Commander.

blackdog_kt
07-04-07, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the fast reply. When you say dock, exit and restart via SH3Commander, is this the only way?

I thought it would be more like start via SH3Commander and simply dock.

abel29a
07-04-07, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the fast reply. When you say dock, exit and restart via SH3Commander, is this the only way?

I thought it would be more like start via SH3Commander and simply dock.

Uhm, not sure I understand completely. To elaborate on my intial response - go to the position of the Milc cow, hit esc and choose the dock at: U-Whatever, then exit the game. Start Commander and then launch the game normally, loading the "next" patrol.

blackdog_kt
07-06-07, 12:01 PM
So, i quit after docking, exit, run the game via SH3Commander and load the "in port before next patrol" save...thanks alot :up: